Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Housing Prices Reduced

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Hearing the voice of its community, Square Enix has announced that housing prices in Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn have been reduced to give new and returning players a fair chance at obtaining the land and materials necessary for home building.

As mentioned previously on the official forums ( http://sqex.to/-e5 ), the pricing of land for legacy Worlds will be adjusted in incremental steps to match the pricing of the following non-legacy Worlds (Hereafter referred to as Group A):

Bahamut?Behemoth?Cactuar?Carbuncle?Chocobo?Diabolos?Fenrir?Garuda?Gilgamesh?Ifrit?Leviathan?Mandragora?Midgardsormr?Odin?Ramuh?Shiva?Siren?Tiamat?Titan?Tonberry?Ultros

Pricing for the following legacy Worlds is currently set at 2.5 times the amount of those in Group A (Hereafter referred to as Group B):

Balmung?Excalibur?Hyperion?Ragnarok?Sargatanas

The final price of land for Group B will first be reduced from 2.5 to 2.25 times the amount of Group A. Over the course of the next week, the price will be reduced from 2.25 to 2 times the amount of Group A. Over the course of six weeks, the final price of land for Group B will continue to drop until it has reached the same value as Group A.

* Adjustments to pricing will apply to all plot sizes.

Pricing for the following legacy Worlds is currently set at 5 times the amount of those in Group A (Hereafter referred to as Group C):

Aegis?Durandal?Gungnir?Masamune?Ridill

The final price of land for Group C will first be reduced from 5.0 to 4.5 times the amount of Group A. Over the course of the next week, the price will be reduced from 4.5 to 4 times the amount of Group A. Over the course of eight weeks, the final price of land for Group C will continue to drop until it has reached the same value as Group A.

Furthermore, the final price of land across all Worlds will be re-evaluated at some point in the latter half of January. Please be advised that the pricing of land on all Worlds will be subject to change even after the above adjustments have been made.      

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I think sometimes developers make things way more complicated than they have to be. Are they worried about an Eorzea recession from a housing bubble burst?

• Aldous.HuxleyAldous.Huxley Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418
    Might as well just give it all away...
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    The price to buy another game for Group A, B, and C is...
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841
    Uh...What?
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

I don't know why they had to make a different announcement, as they explained it well enough on December 17th's post.

Basically they're just increasing the rate in which prices drop for the old servers until it matches the new ones.  Therefore no one can buy up all the land right now and will have to decide if they want a good spot or wait for prices to drop and maybe afford two spots.

Though I'm not even sure why that's an issue as they'll keep on adding more instances once one fills up.  The only thing we don't know is the process in how they'll do it.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • slicknslim88slicknslim88 Member Posts: 394
    They are trying to please everybody which is impossible. But with this they can still appropriately plan for the future, and the people complaining about it being too expensive can shut up in 3 months.
  • TsumoroTsumoro Member UncommonPosts: 435

I personally didn't feel like the housing prices needed to be changed. A lot of people I think we're aiming to use FC housing as a form of personal housing. I think that is where the issue is. I mean I get people want to have 'persona' housing right now, but they've stated as to why it's not in the game yet and I am happy with their answer. The idea of the cost of FC housing was to encourage a team contribution. If the people in your FC are not interested in progressing the company towards housing then you either need to accept that, or recruit like-minded individuals. 

On my server a piece of land at the highest grade and the largest is 100 mil. If say you have 500 people in your company actively playing then that's 200k per person. If you say only have a 100 of those interested in the housing then it's a bit steeper but still very much achievable. 

People are moaning needlessly about this, I think the legacy server was around 600 million for a FC but considering a good few of those on the server have a billion gil its not that much of a reach. 

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    I think sometimes developers make things way more complicated than they have to be. Are they worried about an Eorzea recession from a housing bubble burst?

Well there is two sides to this coin,they received tons of back lash  and now some will complain for LISTENING to the players,seems they can't win either way?

I most certainly will not say that Square makes a lot of great decisions,but i will say they DO THINK about what they do when they release it.Fore the same reason they made RARES so rare in previous games like FFXI,they like those BEST OF to actually feel important and you cannot achieve that if EVERYONE can do it or have it.

What FUN is it if every single person on the server has the same elite house?MANY people like to feel an accomplishment when they receive top quality items in a game,they don't want to be simply handed them.This time Sqaure is simply catering ot the complaints and many of them and imo they are making the right choice.

The reason this is the RIGHT choice is for the same thought process i put into it,i figured they were "forgetting" NEW players and ONLY thinking of the aged or RMT cheats that acquired tons of currency.IMO that is a gross mistake EVERY developer makes,forgetting about the NEW player,if you simply cater a game to the vets,you give your game NO room for growth just a slow fading decline in player base.

I personally came very close to finally stepping into FFXIV but when i saw how ridiculous the prices were to a new player,i completely turned FFXIV off my radar,at least now i can give it a consideration again.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• CursedseiCursedsei Member Posts: 1,012
    Originally posted by Tsumoro

I personally didn't feel like the housing prices needed to be changed. A lot of people I think we're aiming to use FC housing as a form of personal housing. I think that is where the issue is. I mean I get people want to have 'persona' housing right now, but they've stated as to why it's not in the game yet and I am happy with their answer. The idea of the cost of FC housing was to encourage a team contribution. If the people in your FC are not interested in progressing the company towards housing then you either need to accept that, or recruit like-minded individuals. 

On my server a piece of land at the highest grade and the largest is 100 mil. If say you have 500 people in your company actively playing then that's 200k per person. If you say only have a 100 of those interested in the housing then it's a bit steeper but still very much achievable. 

People are moaning needlessly about this, I think the legacy server was around 600 million for a FC but considering a good few of those on the server have a billion gil its not that much of a reach

The issue was the idiotic way Square went about doing the system, as well as their reasoning behind it. They were afraid the few people from 1.0 with their billions of gil would buy up all the land. Instead of limiting it to one plot per company like any sensible person would, they figured it would be better to adjust inflation purely for, as you said, the few players who have a massive sum of gil.

And, as it's obvious, the price range is subjective to the server. The problem though was they also set the prices to combat a gil inflation that wasn't there, a gold sink where no gold existed so to speak. It would be like if World of Warcraft had it's 100k gold mounts in during Vanilla, where a player was lucky to have even 100 gold.

The issue I've seen floating about, is plots of land fit for say 5 players going for 20 mill, which by your math equals out to 4mill each to a guild sized appropriately for it. Considering you said 1 mill is a stretch, 4 mill is outrageous for anyone that isn't playing solely to make money.

And considering the original intention of Free Company housing was to help test the server load waters, having such variably steep prices for even the tiniest bits of land is insane. At the very least, there should of been hard limits in place to keep prices per plot size down to an appropriate amount for a group of the average high leveled player (as those would be the ones funding this mostly).

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    This game turned out to be a huge disappointment for me anyways... Gameplay wise FFXIV was better pre 2.0. Now it's just WoW with a final fantasy skin over it, and not even a good WoW because the world is so tight and limited with lots of loading screens... All because it had to be released for the Play Station 4 too.

Smile

• sumo0sumo0 Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Game was terrible the month i played it. No real reason to interact with the world.
    And all i had to do at the time when i stopped was grind the same instance over and over and over again.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by Razeekster
    This game turned out to be a huge disappointment for me anyways... Gameplay wise FFXIV was better pre 2.0. Now it's just WoW with a final fantasy skin over it, and not even a good WoW because the world is so tight and limited with lots of loading screens... All because it had to be released for the Play Station 4 too.

Have to agree with this also. 1.0 was the last mmo I played that actually felt like a real mmo. I only played for a month before it closed because I wanted to see how the game was before it was gone to compare it to 2.0. The game was open with non instanced open world dungeons and regardless of the problems it had I would take that any day over the same old fex ex quest mmos that we have been getting over and over.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    It is instanced housing so who really cares?  Complete waste of time if you ask me.
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    Ever notice the way ff complicates things that should be somple and simplifies things that should be more complicated?

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• EndoRobotoEndoRoboto Member Posts: 275
    Can't believe i white knighted for this game. What a craptastrophe.
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by Tsumoro

So if you have the largest guild in a game I've heard of, even rivaling a syndicate based guild on any given server / game, then you can afford a house.

What?

Do you not see if you had 500 people in your FC that the desire to be a 1/500th 'owner' of a house is pretty much null? 

Also, knowing and trusting 500 other people with 200k of your money is a bit insane as well.

The whole scenario you present is outlandish and insane.