Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which Faction Do Prefer?

PigglesworthPigglesworth Member UncommonPosts: 260
Why did you choose your faction? Race, guild affiliation, appearance? Other reasons?

@PigglesworthTWR on Twitter

Pigglesworth @ EQNForum.com, MMORPG.com, EQNextfans.com, ProjectNorrath.com, & EQNFanSite.com

Malcontent @ EQNexus.com & EQHammer.com

Comments

• PigglesworthPigglesworth Member UncommonPosts: 260

My family is currently arguing between Ebonheart Pact and the Daggerfall Convenant. The mages want Bretons and the tanks want Nords. The melee DPS folk are leaning towards Redguards instead of Argonians.

So, we just have to convince the tanks to be Orcs instead of Nords and we can settle on Daggerfall.

@PigglesworthTWR on Twitter

Pigglesworth @ EQNForum.com, MMORPG.com, EQNextfans.com, ProjectNorrath.com, & EQNFanSite.com

Malcontent @ EQNexus.com & EQHammer.com

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Daggefall.

Ebonheart and Dominion are a tad too racist for my taste. "Superior" Nords, arrogant Elves... nah thanks. I gonna make a merry Breton Bard or a wandering Orc ranger or such.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

i prefer the real factions. Mages guild, Dark Brothergood, Thieves, etc.

I still think those should have been the "factions" you joined for PvP and fight against the others instead of dividing and limiting the maps into player faction

• A1learjetA1learjet Member UncommonPosts: 258
    When Morrowin hit the scene who didn't want to be A Dark Elf,  At least ESO will have 3 faction RVR  watching Wild Star feeds you need to wonder how there 2 Faction PVP ques will go there all so Dominion heavy its sickening

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    My first ever TES character was a Dark Elf Sorcerer... I'm leaning that way again.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by rojo6934

i prefer the real factions. Mages guild, Dark Brothergood, Thieves, etc.

I still think those should have been the "factions" you joined for PvP and fight against the others instead of dividing and limiting the maps into player faction

Why would the guilds be fighting each other though? I can't see why the thieves guild or Dark Brotherhood would involve themselves in a war in any way. Nor the mages guild, the fighters guild isn't exactly military so even that wouldn't make much sense.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    It's not a question of what faction I prefer. I play Wood Elves in TES games. So if they do an open beta or free trial I guess I'll be in whatever faction has them.
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396

No Faction!

I have a couple of races I usually play,  and could go with Dunmer, Orc, or Khajit. (Maybe even Wood Elf.  Ritual cannibals, you know).   

But the factions?  Tacked on.  More likely to keep me away than draw me in.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.