Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Connection speed

would like to see something giving the best connection speeds for games

as i like most of the u.k.  only have modems i have a 64k isdn line and would like to see what speed connection you need for games as this is the only problem i have for online gaming and it's a BIG problem so info on speed would greatly help me and most u.k. gamers

Comments

• digitydarkmandigitydarkman Member Posts: 2,194
    well if your playing any online game today.. youll want DSL , Cable , T1 , T3 , or a decent ISDN , 56k is just not acceptable anymore

Ohh Im So Scary... BOO

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Originally posted by GeorgeC

as i like most of the u.k.  only have modems i have a 64k isdn line and would like to see what speed connection you need for games as this is the only problem i have for online gaming and it's a BIG problem so info on speed would greatly help me and most u.k. gamers

I agree with you...but I think getting accurate data for each game will be pretty much impossible.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Originally posted by Admin

Originally posted by GeorgeC

I agree with you...but I think getting accurate data for each game will be pretty much impossible.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

thats why i said what i did

Ohh Im So Scary... BOO

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623
    I think most games run OK on a 56K modem.  However, there are a new generation of games that will require broadband to play.  One that comes to mind is Pirates of the Burning Sea...

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

i cant think of any game i would play using 56k after having cable, the only reason people do it is because they prly havent been able to enjoy broadband.

i remember having to play uo for almost 3 years on a 26.4 connection, it wasnt bad.. cuz i didnt know any better, if i ever lost my cable.. i would never use the internet again

Ohh Im So Scary... BOO