Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 What you will be playing

david361107david361107 Member UncommonPosts: 279

Just checking to see what everyone is looking forward to in 2014. What games your following and wanting to play next year. Me I'm keeping my eyes on EQN and ESO, how about you?

Peace

Lascer

Comments

• kastakasta Member Posts: 512
    I'll be playing the ones I play now plus adding EverQuest Next : Landmark to it.  Maybe Wildstar if it releases in 2014.
  • david361107david361107 Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by kasta
    I'll be playing the ones I play now plus adding EverQuest Next : Landmark to it.  Maybe Wildstar if it releases in 2014.

I've been keeping an eye on wildstar as well and it may be my third to look at next year, like you said, if it comes out.

• FappuccinoFappuccino Member Posts: 159
    EQN, Wildstar, anything shiny and new that comes out in 2014 really. Except for TESO. I'll be giving that one a pass and see how it's received.
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

EQL

ESO( not for long)

Dark Souls 2

The Witcher 3

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Skyrim right now and until Landmark, then Landmark for a few hours then back to skyrim. Then Wildstar, Destiny xbox one, Halo xbox one, and Warlords of Dreanor.

On the fence about ESO and The Division.

Other possibility The Witcher 3 but will probably wait until steam has a nice offer

Will keep an eye on SOTA and Star Citizen.
  • I'll probably continue to play Eve, Gw2 and DayZ. I'm waiting The Division and Star Citizen for now. I hope one of them release in 2014 :).

• GatlanGatlan Member UncommonPosts: 141
    I'll play ESO, if its good I'll stay with it.  Going to pass on Wildstar, sorry.  I'll jump into it later IF it receives critical acclaim.  Then there is the Wow expansion, don't know if it coming out in 2014 but I'll try that as well.
  • killahhkillahh Member UncommonPosts: 445
    ESO, for sure, don't think star citizen will be out, the division either, that leaves EQL which I'm a founder in and currently I'm playing Skyrim yet again, and turning my 4year old into an excellent sidekick in diablo3 on the ps3, in the time he's allowed to play silly games. :)
    ... Oops, forgot about Destiny, one of the main reasons I got my ps4, lol

over 20 years of mmorpg's and counting...

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Maybe ESO. Maybe Wildstar. Still up in the air on both.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    It'll probably still be WoW, but I'm looking foward to Wildstar to maybe replace it. I might just play both at the same time XD
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Well, looks like Wushu. Hope  to be playing ESO long term, but eeh. Not gonna say EQN, because that wont be until late 2014 if we are lucky. Maybe Origins of Malu if they get a good beta in. I'm losing faith in the repopulation releasing in 2014. My dark horse for good long term play is Black Gold, I know it will have great pvp.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

Eve & TSW for sure

• GhabboGhabbo Member UncommonPosts: 263

ESO, Path of Exile, HEX (currently having a lot of fun in alpha), AoC (when the crafting patch hits), and (hopefully) Gloria Victis.

I may finally play some SWTOR for the different stories, but not sure about that really.

• ReehayReehay Member Posts: 172

Skyrim

Day Z standalone

Camelot Unchained Forums... while waiting to see if EQNext is Everquest or the shit awful WoW clone called EQ2.

ESO was meh for me; i'd buy a copy of ESO for co-op Skyrim but I wouldnt fucking pay monthly for that fake Elder Scrolls shit. A ESO Co-op that could be moddable by the community? ya, i'd pay 60$ for that in a heartbeat. Id buy the DLC's too.. but not ESO. never.

Wildstar telegraph system - which btw is bullshit because you can actually LOCK TARGETS with the telegraphs - just annoyed the hell out of me; trust me,  you will get sick to death of the disco floor effect of 40 players telegraphs around you in Wildstar... TRUST ME. You dont play a game in Wildstar, you robotically avoid neon shapes on the 2D ground.

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712

Its really all upto if the games / expansions deliver what they promise, if my first pick does, then I will stick with it, but my list are as follows:

1. Wildstar
    2. TESO
    3. Everquest Next
    4. Warlords of Draenor
    Hope I wont have to go further down my list than Wildstar, but time will tell.

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380

EVE Online and Age of Conan... unless Star Citizen makes a miraculous appearance.

I love my sandbox, and when I need my themepark fix nothing beats the combat mechanics of AoC.

Almost everything else looks like a Saturday morning cartoon or has painfully boring combat mechanics.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
     I'll give both TESO and Wildstar a try, not really interested in EQN unless I start hearing some really good things from my guild mates
  • zodvistozodvisto Member Posts: 3

Im putting alot of eggs in the wildstar basket. Star Citizen is on my radar but its not gonna be out next year im pretty sure. They are coming up with new stuff to add everyday and i think they are gonna be working on it for another couple of years.

EQN looks interesting too, but tahts about it for me aside from all the games im gonna have from the steam winter sale.

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,865
    I will be playing ESO and EQ Next Landmark for sure. I will probably still be playing GW2, though casually unless they release some MAJOR content (ie expansion). I am keeping an eye on Wildstar. If I can play the beta and get hooked then maybe I will check it out at launch, but i don't feel like I will have time for another raiding centric MMO.  Will probably play Warlords expansion for WoW at the end of the year for a month. 
  • Thessik_IrontailThessik_Irontail Member UncommonPosts: 76

I wish that EQN would be  real everquest sequel but they are hung up on reinventing the MMO genre and likely are going to fail since that is such a monumental task, and they are starting off by announcing little to no vertical progression, no levels, etc.. and to top it off, its F2P garbage. So yeah, I have no faith in EQN being anything worthwhile at this point.

ESO will be a complete flop in the retention department, its going to crash hard like SWTOR.

Wildstar on the other hand is a proper subscription based MMO that is actually really kick ass so far and has the potential to be major competition for World of Wacraft. So this will be the game I am playing in 2014.

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

EQN: Landmark

WildStar

Warlords of Draenor

And my usual rotation of games I play from time to time (GW2, Warthunder, etc).

I got "A Link Between Worlds" for my birthday and I am completely enjoying it :)

• mari3kmari3k Member Posts: 135
    1 month ESO, 2 month WOW, rest single player games

Step in the arena and break the wall down

• MagicabbageMagicabbage Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by kasta

I agree, those are two I am looking forward too also. ESO, EQNEXT, WILDSTAR. I will try them all and make my determination. I play dwarfs in every MMO that offers them. If the don't offer them, then I pretty much leave after a month or two of playing. It's not that the game isn't great. I just don't relate to the races. Give me Dwarfs, Elves, Orcs, Ogres and Trolls, and I am set.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Pretty much single player games. I'll stll dabble in Vanguard and play a bit of lotro but looking forward to dragon age III, The next Dark souls.

Will still be playing morrowind and Skyrim. Recently bought Baldur's Gate II and that's been pretty fun.

As for mmo's not enough info on Back Desert and I doubt it will be released here in 2014. 

For me, the Jury is still out in ESO.

not looking forward to any other mmo.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Game development has been so bad,i have been following movies more than games.

To show how bad it is,i have been playing more UT99,a 14 year old game than anything modern.

I see absolutely nothing impressive for 2014,so sad we had nothing new in 2013 and nothing to get hyped for 2014 either.There is always going to be tons of bored gamer's willing to shell out money for anything new,it will give a bit of a false indication of the quality of games,when compared to trying to lure players away from other quality games.

Before i enter another MMORPG,i NEED to see zero hand holding,that is the biggest turn off for me,i see yellow markers over npc heads ,i turn the other way,that game is labelled under 10 years old and even some 10 year olds would take offense to having their hand held.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.