Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Male Barbarian Monk

VespilloVespillo Member Posts: 10

How well does the Monk heal itself and what is the damage that a Monk does? Any and all information on this class would be more then appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509

So long as I know, please someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, Monk's cannot heal themselves.

To the best of my knowledge, Bruisers (the other subclass of Brawlers) have a self heal either at 20 or 22 (forget when exactly) and I think Monk's get a movement fade (cloaked will while moving) at around the same level.

As far as damage, from what I've been told and seen Bruisers and Monks are the higher damage dealers of the tank classes but in turn, they take slightly more damage as they are leather wearers that depend mostly on Agility to take less damage. Problem being that when they are facing high burst dmg mobs, the hits that do land, land hard and so the entire group has to work a little harder. From experience, most end game credible Bruisers and Monks I've grouped with that take the role of Main Tank usually prefer having a back up healer.

Of the two, from what I've learned, Monks are the more defensive of the two subclases, giving defensive buffs and having a higher agility count, Bruisers being the more offensive of the pair.

Hope that helps.

• LeasaLeasa Member Posts: 449

I had a lvl 36 monk and sometime in the 30's I got a heal spell.  It was not much maybe 15% of total health.

You could also heal others.  But as I said it was very weak.

Support Bacteria, its the only culture some people have.

• VespilloVespillo Member Posts: 10

I am just not sure what I want to do... I think only time will tell when I actually TRY the game lol.

Thanks for any and all replied and any more to help my decision out? Even though time is the only thing that will actually reveal what I play, I would still like to know what I should be trying out and what evolves later on. Obviously all of the types will but which will turn into a true "insert type here".

For example; The Monk is known to be a martial arts, hand to hand combat who has holy knowledge resulting in healing in 99% of games. Rogues usually are the stealthed and Mages cast magic. I am asking how stealth is used in this game and what magic mages have. Not in general but asking how classes break down. I have read up on EQ II website and it just doesnt give the full details.

Once again, thanks in advance.

-Ves

• VespilloVespillo Member Posts: 10

Oh yeah, any links are welcome as well. For my sake, can I get the DIRECT link and not something like www.google.com and have someone tell me to go to the 801st page and look for the word "yakaakakaka".

-Ves