Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tera Getting New Class 2014

DjevikDjevik Member UncommonPosts: 107

Found this article about tera getting a new class along with new gear.. Seems that the new class is going to be an Elin Only race..

Read it here.!!

Comments

• Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633

Most everyone in the west is disappointed that it is going to be Elin only. 

What we don't know is if it will stay that way when it comes to the west. Korea is doing it that way because Elins are by far the most popular played race over there, so they are testing the waters with the new class with the larger populace before going into doing animations for every other race (since all races have unique animations). 

If it turns out to be well received we may see that when it comes to the West it will be Elin and Castanic only as those are the two most played races in the West and perhaps expand from there. Only time will tell though. I'm just glad to see we are getting a new class. Now hopefully they will bring the power of Lancers in line with everyone else next. 

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• abyss404abyss404 Member UncommonPosts: 68
    I'll never stop being truly disturbed that the loli race is as well liked as it is. People need to seek professional help.
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    Having a "rookie server" sounds interesting.   I wonder if other MMOs will adopt the concept as well.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Ugh, this is an unfortunate direction for their development.
  • rogue187rogue187 Member Posts: 151
    no rogue class?...no thanx
  • OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874
    Originally posted by abyss404
    I'll never stop being truly disturbed that the loli race is as well liked as it is. People need to seek professional help.

There are people who think babies are cute, guess they need professional help too. 

• DjevikDjevik Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Originally posted by abyss404

In the Lore I read somewhere that the Loli's (elin) are the oldest race in the game.. even though they look really young and no chest(boobs) doesnt make players Pedobears.. I just like there animations more then others besides Elin warrior b/c elins hold 2 swords up in the air is kinda of dumb to me

Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

Another class which can only use one type of weapons and is rooted in place every time it uses a skill?

Man, I'm so excited now...

How far did you get in the game?  A lot of skills that root you in place at low levels don't as you get the higher level versions of them.  I think if they had any idea how much the Western market judged a game on the low level experience they would have changed that.

• LoganKaiLoganKai Member UncommonPosts: 16
    it's the warrior class, just they named it wrong, twin blades, evasive, leather armor, fast.  no stealth, true enough but stealth usually requires too many work arounds to balance for pve/pvp.
  • BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

Whether the new class is favored or not is irrelevant as the article points out that Tera has been doing well which in itself is great to hear as the game definitely deserves it and the new server is a much better idea than making the rate faster on veteran servers, good choice.

Don't fix what isn't broken seems to be the mantra here and listening to the community is ultimately what is helping them succeed, plus Tera is just a fun game.

• DjevikDjevik Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Originally posted by reeereee

Another class which can only use one type of weapons and is rooted in place every time it uses a skill?

How far did you get in the game?  A lot of skills that root you in place at low levels don't as you get the higher level versions of them.  I think if they had any idea how much the Western market judged a game on the low level experience they would have changed that.

Having an Archer,warrior, priest, lancer.. I can say that even at 60 with all those the only one that doesnt root you is warrior..

every other class behinds slayer and Zerker meaning all the casters have skills that pretty much root you in place to cast the animation... the the guy is saying that this game isnt "True" action combat as it claims b/c "True" gives you the freedom to cast spells on the go instead of locking on casting(root) until the animation is over..

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

I agree with you regarding classes only being able to use one type of weapon, but it doesn't sound like you played very long if you are complaining about the rooting.  At higher levels, that's not an issue at all because of the way the animations blend.  You just have to plan your attacks out.  It requires actual strategy, unlike some other games that boast "action" combat by allowing you to spam abilities and circle strafe until you are blue in the face, with no repercussions whatsoever.  

Tera has some issues in terms of content and their quest system.  Combat isn't one of those issues if you know what you are doing.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Honestly amazing how insecure people are that elin bother them. THe fact YOU view them in such a way says more about you then anything. I don't mind the race at all, hell I enjoy it (mostly since I can't stand little furry rats as the 'male' varient). Not the main race for all my classes, but to me it doesn't bother me at all.

Still, as someone who like Elin and finds nothing wrong with them, I really find it dumb that they would restrict it to one race. Don't get me wrong, I'm one that doesn't hold TOO much against race locking classes, however limiting it to a single race, particular in a game that lets any race have any class seems stupid to me. Why limit it down when you let anyone place any class, particularly to just 1 race?

Originally posted by Djevik

Having an Archer,warrior, priest, lancer.. I can say that even at 60 with all those the only one that doesnt root you is warrior..

every other class behinds slayer and Zerker meaning all the casters have skills that pretty much root you in place to cast the animation... the the guy is saying that this game isnt "True" action combat as it claims b/c "True" gives you the freedom to cast spells on the go instead of locking on casting(root) until the animation is over..

Sorce and archer aoes are the only thing that locks you in place for any amount of time...  oh right, if you wanted gw2 style combat then yeah TERA  would disappoint, fair enough.

• ShadowVlicanShadowVlican Member UncommonPosts: 158
    The combat takes getting used to, not because of the action targetting (because dragon nest does it better imo) but because of the lock animation with certain skills
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033

I was thinking the same thing.  For example.  In the first 10 levels of a berzerker, you were rooted with your charging abilities.  After that (level 12 or 14 if I recall) you start being able to move half speed while charging.  By level 20 you could use a glyph that gave you 100% run speed with Thunderstrike (most used ability).  So, he most likely never got past level 10.  If I based my opinion on level 1-10, I would probably think the same.  Jean-Luc, being sincere here.  Just give the game a shot to level 20, I promise you that you'll see a big difference.  At higher levels it even gets better.

• FappuccinoFappuccino Member Posts: 159

What are people complaining about the combat? It's silly. Plenty of "real" action games that do the same.

Plenty of other games that allow for more mobility (gliding) around when fighting.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by RebelScum99

Tera has some issues in terms of content and their quest system.  Combat isn't one of those issues if you know what you are doing.

Lack of content is the only reason I don't play this game as my only mmo. I simply run out of things to do other than grind dailies after a while.

I love almost everything else about the game.

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    Originally posted by DamonVile

Lack of content is the only reason I don't play this game as my only mmo. I simply run out of things to do other than grind dailies after a while.

Someone who shares my opinion :D.   

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• scioccosciocco Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Originally posted by Purutzil

(mostly since I can't stand little furry rats as the 'male' varient)

LOOK HERE BUDDY.

POPORI IS THE SINGLE GREATEST RACE (CHUAS NEXT?) EVER CREATED FOR AN MMO.

I agree with you about players being insecure about elins. Elins are a great variety race, race selection is something I think Tera does well actually (seen TESO? 9 races that are all the same model with slightly different textures, PATHETIC).

Go popori... and chuas... and the flyers...

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472

Hands down the best combat in an MMORPG in the market today. It's just unfortunate everything else about it is subpar and the developer seemingly doesn't care. Whether it's because Bluehole is rumored to be creating TERA2 or because they're just clueless, I guess it remains to be seen.

For the guy arguing about how animations root you in place... so what? It creates an element of skill to use the proper skills at the proper times. Not to mention, at the higher levels, you pretty much can eliminate most of the animation delay with attack speed enhancements/weapons. As someone who has tried all the 'free movement' combat games out there, even ones a lot of people haven't yet, trust me, TERA is still the best. It's a shame this game was just utterly wasted in NA. It could've been better.

A few changes to the ruleset changes could've made this a great OWPvP game. Ah well, guess I'll have to wait for something else.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by anemo
    Originally posted by DamonVile

Someone who shares my opinion :D.   

I too am of this opinion, I really love everything about the game it just has a lack of content and the design direction is going backwards lately. It's becoming easier and more about the cash shop as well.

ALSO I KNEW THAT POPORI LOOKED FAMILIAR UP THERE.

I saw the name and realized it was Sciocccoooocococoococoococooooooo. Wonder if you still remember me, we were in the same guild for a while.

- Zdravko.

• scioccosciocco Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Originally posted by Pivotelite

ALSO I KNEW THAT POPORI LOOKED FAMILIAR UP THERE.

I saw the name and realized it was Sciocccoooocococoococoococooooooo. Wonder if you still remember me, we were in the same guild for a while.

- Zdravko.

I couldn't forget the zdv. Hope everything is going well for you.

• XxGrimmxXXxGrimmxX Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Originally posted by Djevik

wtf are you talking about? You clearly are just trolling

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    This sounds like a copy of lyn blade master from B&S.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.