Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I thought I only got these when using hotmail?

HelleriHelleri Member UncommonPosts: 930

So, I got this message in my forum inbox a little while ago (edited so as not to reveal anything about the user who sent it):

" Hello,
How are you doing ? My Name is and i just saw your profile when i was browsing and i got attracted to you. i want to know your more because your profile is interesting and have draw me to you.please reply me back on this my email address so that i can know what you said and also send you my pictures and tell you more about me.
thanks and expecting your email.

Please reply me in this email
()

Get your free @mmorpg.com e-mail address today! http://www.mmorpg.com "

...Thing is, there is no report spam/abuse feature that I can find for my in-box on here. That makes sense. As I have never gotten spam mail on forum before. It just seems like something that doesn't happen. Usually spam as i have seen on forums is kept to the forums themselves, and at least somewhat relevant to the nature of a forum. Now the user who sent this has no forum posts, no avatar and no blogs, or images uploaded. a Blank account. And I take that to mean (given what was sent to me) a spam account.

Beyond just deleting it... how do I report it? I don't really see a way to do so (which again makes sense to me as this is something ope generally just doesn't expect to have to deal with on forums). And, what do I do if I start getting these on a regular basis?

Comments

• AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,801
    Originally posted by Helleri

So, I got this message in my forum inbox a little while ago (edited so as not to reveal anything about the user who sent it):

" Hello,
    How are you doing ? My Name is and i just saw your profile when i was browsing and i got attracted to you. i want to know your more because your profile is interesting and have draw me to you.please reply me back on this my email address so that i can know what you said and also send you my pictures and tell you more about me.
    thanks and expecting your email.

Please reply me in this email
    ()

Get your free @mmorpg.com e-mail address today! http://www.mmorpg.com "

...Thing is, there is no report spam/abuse feature that I can find for my in-box on here. That makes sense. As I have never gotten spam mail on forum before. It just seems like something that doesn't happen. Usually spam as i have seen on forums is kept to the forums themselves, and at least somewhat relevant to the nature of a forum. Now the user who sent this has no forum posts, no avatar and no blogs, or images uploaded. a Blank account. And I take that to mean (given what was sent to me) a spam account.

Beyond just deleting it... how do I report it? I don't really see a way to do so (which again makes sense to me as this is something ope generally just doesn't expect to have to deal with on forums). And, what do I do if I start getting these on a regular basis?

I got the exact same thing. I just deleted it. I guess you could contact MMORPG.com and they can check your mail.

Once upon a time....

• HelleriHelleri Member UncommonPosts: 930
    Can they? And, how exactly would I go about that?

• AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,801
    Originally posted by Helleri
    Can they? And, how exactly would I go about that?

Go to the bottom of the page and "Contact Us". That works like mail, through your account here. I think they'll have to bump it up the ladder to someone who can check your mail. I'm not sure what they'll do in this particular case though. They probably already got the account in question and deleted it. You can check that by simply clicking on the name to visit that account and see if it's still there.

Once upon a time....

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Yes, please report these. Contact MikeB about them [email protected], and he can check out and ban any inbox spammers. 

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]