Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online: Cyrodil's Keeps

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

A new design blog has appeared on the Elder Scrolls Online site. This time, the team focuses on the development of the game's keeps, the focal point for intensive PvP warfare. The blog goes into great detail about how keeps were constructed within the game engine to meet the unique game play the team desired.

We couldn’t jump right into building out keeps and creating art straight away. Though we had plans for how we wanted them to function, we needed to ensure we could meet the technical requirements for those ideas. Our designers worked with engineers to build a framework that could support the design goals—features like destructible keep walls, siege weapons, and large numbers of player characters on-screen had to be considered from both a technology and design standpoint.

Read the full blog on the Elder Scrolls Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MpfiveMpfive Member UncommonPosts: 308
    What warhammer should of done, cant wait for this:)
  • CarnicideCarnicide Member UncommonPosts: 222
    Yeah these look like a lot of fun! I can't wait. I just hope it doesn't turn out like GW2, but I'm pretty sure that won't happen based on the game mechanics i.e. mounts, destructible keeps, etc.
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by Carnicide
    Yeah these look like a lot of fun! I can't wait. I just hope it doesn't turn out like GW2, but I'm pretty sure that won't happen based on the game mechanics i.e. mounts, destructible keeps, etc.

I wouldn't worry, it is no where near GW2 and more similar to DAoC if you want comparisons. This is great so far can't wait to play TES.  It will be the PvP/RvR champ if they pull it all off.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

SBFORD

Nice story.

More please  :-)

• killahhkillahh Member UncommonPosts: 445
    Sounds like they have considered a lot of things regarding rvr and improved on some.

I didn't read anything about siege notifications, but am guessing it will be similar to do a to a degree.

over 20 years of mmorpg's and counting...

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Looking forward to seeing more of the AvA.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182
    They have some former DAOC developers in their team, so ESO is kinda DAOC 2 :)
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299

ESO's AvA is coming along very nicely, and doesn't look to disappoint like GW2 did.

Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • thedecemberthedecember Member UncommonPosts: 5
    I really like the idea of keeps does not instantly back to fully repaired after you claim (or wreck) it. :)
  • SpeelySpeely Member CommonPosts: 861

Very cool. A bit like DAoC keep taking with more destructibility and a different capture objective. They said they were balancing how many people are required to hold capture points... I would think not much more than a fg for each point if the guards are balanced well against such an amount, but we'll see. Would be cool if bigger keeps had more capture points where only two captures could claim the keep, but each additional capture provided additional benefits to holding the keep afterwards.

On a related note, I really hope there are skills in the AvA line that deal with seige weapon sabotage. I really want to form strike forces to undermine such efforts. Hopefully the AvA skills deal with things like keep access, siege, etc. I have a feeling they will. 

Pumped!

• gatherisgatheris Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    and the finished in-game product looks like..................................................

• CarnicideCarnicide Member UncommonPosts: 222

I never played DoAC and I heard great things about that, so I can't freakin wait