Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No higher level content for 2.1!?

It's not really that surprising really.  With a class system like this I can see what YoshiP wanted to do with the content of 2.1.  The game is still very new, and he doesn't want people to out gear the dungeons that are currently in the game.  If 2.1 had 5 more turns of Coil and people were getting ilevel 100 gear.  Dungeons like AK, WP, and the new Hard dungeons would be trivial for many players, and that would be the new complaint for people.

With this class system though, 2.1 offers plenty of new avenues for players to build up their off-classes.  2.1 even has a new way to gear up for Coil through the Crystal Tower.  This is an excellent way to do things because new players are still getting into the game.  No doubt 2.1 has attracted new blood thanks to the addition of PvP as well.

YoshiP seems to want more players to get through the first 5 turns of Coil before he introduces the next 5 turns.  With new players coming in the game daily, this isn't an absurd goal for the development team.  And quite frankly, I'm happy to have fresh new content for my off-classes to use to level up, and halted content for my main class to give me time to try the other classes without worrying that I'm falling behind in my main class.

Really a brilliant development decision by YoshiP, and it's sad that most people see the exclusion of further endgame content as a detriment to the game, when it's really a smart choice.

Comments

• obsolete5obsolete5 Member Posts: 82
    mostly im disappointed that pvp is slowed down so much.   the pvp is really fun and i think they did a great job making it fun and with the wolves den boat with the vendors.  i want to earn that gear.  the queues were popping off really fast just after the patch but it seems so slow now.  like people tried it, didnt have fun, and arent playing any more.  its taking 10-20 minutes to find a match during prime times now.
  • slicknslim88slicknslim88 Member Posts: 394
    It's still in the first week of the new patch.  Right now people are probably trying to fill out their tomes of mythology (which takes a bit longer now) and also remember that people are unlocking all the new dungeons, going through Crystal Tower, and things like that.  Those times will probably shorten in the upcoming weeks when everybody has unlocked everything.
  • MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    Personally I like the focus of adding content of all types and not just raiding type content.  The new quest lines, treasure hunting, housing, etc - all cool features.
  • lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671
    Imo, adding new levels for new content is lazy. Look at WoW, each new zone created resulted in other zones being ignored. Instead, work with what they got and improve the zones so areas of the game don't end up ghost towns.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

• voigtvoigt Member Posts: 23

I am kind of disappointed in 2.1, I feel no drive or motivation to play any of the content provided as it does not progress my character at all.  I do not feel like logging in each day to do more dungeons with gear I do not need.  I will see CT once through but it also has no gear that matches my Mythical gear.  This game is suffering from a lack of choice and its very very linear.  You get Gear set 1 (AK ilevel 60), move to 2 (Darklight ilevel 70), then get 3 (Coils/Myth ilevel 90).  Once you have 3, there is nothing left to do, CT is ilevel 80 so between 2 and 3.  It was added out of order so people who already have ilevel 90 gear get nothing for doing anything in 2.1

Progress keeps you interested in your character and without progress you login less and less until one day you just stop playing and move on to something else.  I really wish these games would increase content production or slow down the content consumption to match their rate of content production.  Games these days level far too fast and people can get full end game gear in such a short time, then they have nothing to do for months waiting for the next content patch. 

I feel like there should always be something on the horizon that you cannot do yet, some drive to keep you logging in each day to better your character.  Content you are unable to do without getting better gear first.  I would like to never reach the end by the time you reach the content of last expansion another expansion is out giving you a new goal to strive for.

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Yes, this is progressing exactly as Yoshi P intended.  FFXIV is relying on replayability due to multiple classes like SWTOR was relying on replayability with different class stories.  It's too bad the horrible combat trivializes any real difference in classes.