Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$9.99/$19.99 on steam

darkheartsdarkhearts Member UncommonPosts: 159

http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/215280/

Can get the normal one or the one with some addon content for cheap.

Comments

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

At this point i'm not sure I have enough room in my life for another MMO, but at this price it is so tempting as that seems like a lot of content for that price, seems that at this point this would be the game to migrate to from GW2 as the model is similar and in general seems like one of if not the best deals on the market.

I just have two questions, can the whole game be soloed and can all the best gear be obtained without a cash shop? Don't know a lot about Secret World and those two questions would help me decide if I should just go ahead and pick this up.

• darkheartsdarkhearts Member UncommonPosts: 159

Almost everything but end game dungeons can be soloed.

Everything on cash shop is there to make it easier to enter the game. They do have some basic weapons/armor in the store but nothing that is good enough in the end. Everything that is endgame is given to you based off a token system.

This game is worth the $10 price tag hands down. Game is very much alive and they have cabals (guilds)  that are very active and friendly.

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    Originally posted by Braindome

At this point i'm not sure I have enough room in my life for another MMO, but at this price it is so tempting as that seems like a lot of content for that price, seems that at this point this would be the game to migrate to from GW2 as the model is similar and in general seems like one of if not the best deals on the market.

I just have two questions, can the whole game be soloed and can all the best gear be obtained without a cash shop? Don't know a lot about Secret World and those two questions would help me decide if I should just go ahead and pick this up.

To answer you question yes and yes with some playing around with skills or research.  Although the best gear will require group dungeons or PVP to get you can play the entire story line solo especially with the rewards from issues 6 and 7.  The 2nd half of the game (starting about mid way though the desert) starts to really ramp up the Solo difficultly and you either have to start to take a very close look at the mechanics of the how the games skills interact or you need to find a strong solo build on the Internet and tune it.  Once you figure that out it's pretty easy to solo though the main story quest and issues 6 and 7 even in solo gear.

The cash shop is one of the least interfering I have seen in a game to date.  It's really just fluff and unless you want to have every cosmetic pet or collect outfits there really isn't a strong reason to use it.  After you finish the solo quest and issues 6 and 7 you will likely want issue 8 which costs $10 but that's probably a few months down the road depending on how fast you consume the game.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

No brainier at this price though it is about 25 quid in the UK for the ultimate edition (or whatever it's called). I guess this is so as not to clash with FC's existing offer.

Definitely worth checking out IMHO, especially for those jaded by fantasy or looking for a game that does stuff a bit different.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by Gorilla

No brainier at this price though it is about 25 quid in the UK for the ultimate edition

Yeah as usual they are screwing us Europeans over. The basic TSW version with discount on steam costs 14.99€ (20.50$) and the massive edition costs 29.99€ (41$)

They always add 50% to the basic price in Euro and with the conversion that means we pay 100% more.

Harbinger of Fools