Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Set the Date - March 25, 2014

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Blizzard has announced that the Diablo III expansion, Reaper of Souls, will hit retail release on March 25, 2014. In addition, preorders of the much-anticipated expansion have started.

You also have the option to prepurchase the Digital Deluxe Edition, which contains a wealth of in-game goodies: a collection of exclusive helm- and weapon-transmogrification recipes to distinguish your hero among the champions of Sanctuary; a loyal Spectral Hound minion to keep your adventurers company on their epic journeys; three additional character slots to accommodate new heroes; an in-game Treasure Goblin companion pet for World of Warcraft; and an assortment of Crusader-themed Battle.net portraits and Malthael-themed decals for StarCraft II.

Read the full Diablo III: Reaper of Souls press release.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306
    Looks like a weak CE for 80$, but I put a hold on one....just in case. They'll be releasing pics of it shortly I'm sure.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

I still haven't played D3 but now that all the hype and angery mmo players have moved on the people playing really seem to like it. I was never even tempted to play before but after playing marvel heroes and poe for a while I'm sort of on an arpg kick and I find I keep looking at game play footage of it.

I think if it goes on sale over Christams my reslove will crack and I'll probably end up ordering the x pack too.

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    just pre-ordered CE edition from amazon- it looks like it matches the first CE diablo box..sweet!
  • nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345
    I'm trying to love D3:RoS, but I don't love the prices. If they were 50% cheaper for an expansion I might be tempted.
  • BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

Meh.

Game no better than average, and the expansion price is silly.

• Flaming_MMOFlaming_MMO Member Posts: 137
    I will be buying this for the PS4 for being able to play in the same room with friends,  and a PS4 as well (in a few months) , this having played Diablo 3 at release on the PC
  • adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    Yup waiting for ps4 version.  HURRY UP
  • ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    TitanFall releasing in the same month so this will have to wait.

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Increased price in the expansion is to recover projected income from the Auction House being removed. Or, just a silly price as mentioned in a previous post =)

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by DamonVile

I still haven't played D3 but now that all the hype and angery mmo players have moved on the people playing really seem to like it. I was never even tempted to play before but after playing marvel heroes and poe for a while I'm sort of on an arpg kick and I find I keep looking at game play footage of it.

I think if it goes on sale over Christams my reslove will crack and I'll probably end up ordering the x pack too.

Pretty sure more PC gamers were angry than MMO players because of the required "always online connection" to play the game. PC gamers are the ones who play single player games which don't require the internet to play so Blizzard sort of pissed on those former loyal players.

Smile

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Razeekster
    Originally posted by DamonVile

Pretty sure more PC gamers were angry than MMO players because of the required "always online connection" to play the game. PC gamers are the ones who play single player games which don't require the internet to play so Blizzard sort of pissed on those former loyal players.

I would never play the game solo or off line so if that's the biggest complaint I should be good :)

• muppetpilotmuppetpilot Member UncommonPosts: 171

I've been in the RoS beta for a bit now and it pains me to say this, because I loved the original, but I am not impressed.  There are several aspects of the expansion that were promised and have not been delivered, the new Act V is very short, and the "endgame" that many of us have been asking for - something engaging and less repetitive - is simply not there.

This is just my opinion, and I'm sure many will differ, but it most certainly is not what I expected.  There are some lengthy forum threads that talk about the D3 dev team promising features that have yet to show up, and thus far I think the reaction in those threads has been pretty close to my own.  Yes, it's just forum threads, but it seems as though quite a few beta players have thus far been disappointed.

No loot runs(which were promised), drop rates still essentially set to "loot pinata", the removal of all player trading unless you're grouped at the time of the drop...and honestly I think the removal of the AH is a bad idea.  The "new" Hellfire Rings are just as bad as the old ones...anyway I don't mean for this to be a rant so I'll stop there.

I had tons of fun with "vanilla" D3 so I really can't complain but for me, RoS is simply more of the same. 

"Why would I want to loose a religion upon my people? Religions wreck from within - Empires and individuals alike! It's all the same." - God Emperor of Dune

• black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Should've been 30 bucks max as a show of good will, since majority of stuff is fixes and changes that should have been in from the start, aside from the new act and class.
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

Too little, too late.

Path of Exile is a thousand times better and free.

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • RedcorRedcor Member Posts: 426
    So they are charging $40 to give us a game we already paid $50 for ? What a great bizz to be in when you can sell a lame game and then charge $40 a head for the fixed version down the road. Bravo. I could see maybe 19.95 at best but no more than that.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
    be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    -Robert E. Howard

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    I got digital deluxe.  CE only includes a book, dvd, and mousepad...no figurine? /sadpanda
  • Badgered86Badgered86 Member UncommonPosts: 175
    Originally posted by Seelinnikoi

Too little, too late.

This.

Loot 2.0 is a joke and the price point for such a lack-luster title is absurd.  Maybe I'll pick it up when it goes on sale for $20 next winter.  Maybe.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Day 1 buy (as are ALL blizzard games) - at least they're not going the peiecemeal DLC method ending in me paying twice as much for all the additions.

Also don't forget Lot 2.0 and other changes will be applied to the base game without the need for the expansion so guys.... at least give it a try because your go off on one.  the expansion is being streamed on Twitch right now so go check it out.
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

Too little, too late.

Sure, if you like mediocre graphics, crippling desync issues due to shoddy netcode, an unnecessarily convoluted skill tree, a godawful 'crafting' system, gender locked classes, and gear drops which are even worse than D3's original loot system, then I guess it is better.

Originally posted by Redcor
    So they are charging $40 to give us a game we already paid $50 for ? What a great bizz to be in when you can sell a lame game and then charge $40 a head for the fixed version down the road. Bravo. I could see maybe 19.95 at best but no more than that.

Oh please. You got what you paid for. Drop the ridiculous entitlement garbage and start acting like an adult. Furthermore pretty much every 'fix' will be implemented in the base game for free.

As to 'loot 2.0 being a joke', I'd hate to break it to the person who said that, but the response to it from non-trolls has been overwhelmingly positive so far, plus it's still very much in a beta state & will be adjusted accordingly.

The only people who think D3 is 'lackluster' are disgruntled D2 fans who wanted D2 with updated graphics, instead of a title which tried something new. Sure, not everything met with success, but that's the risk taken with new things.

Then again, you're probably one of those people who bought the best possible gear on the AH, went farming, then complained that you're not getting any upgrades for what is already fantastic gear. The irony being of course, that in order to be placed on the AH it must have been dropped in the first place...

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    For the life of me I can't fathom why someone would play D3 over such an awesome game as Path of Exile.  I guess to each their own.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Solar_Prophet

Too little, too late.

Sure, if you like mediocre graphics, crippling desync issues due to shoddy netcode, an unnecessarily convoluted skill tree, a godawful 'crafting' system, gender locked classes, and gear drops which are even worse than D3's original loot system, then I guess it is better.

Originally posted by Redcor

Oh please. You got what you paid for. Drop the ridiculous entitlement garbage and start acting like an adult. Furthermore pretty much every 'fix' will be implemented in the base game for free.

As to 'loot 2.0 being a joke', I'd hate to break it to the person who said that, but the response to it from non-trolls has been overwhelmingly positive so far, plus it's still very much in a beta state & will be adjusted accordingly.

Then again, you're probably one of those people who bought the best possible gear on the AH, went farming, then complained that you're not getting any upgrades for what is already fantastic gear. The irony being of course, that in order to be placed on the AH it must have been dropped in the first place...

While Desync is an issue they are working on it isn't as huge a deal as some make it out to be as long as you stay away from certain skills.  As for GFX, they are amazing and very reminiscent of Diablo 2's gritty style not the Colorful WoW'esque of D3.  So it pulls on the heartstrings of the avid D2 player.  The skill tree, GodAMAZING crafting system and Reliance on Bartering and economy is what makes the game a hundred times better then Diablo 3.  I suppose if you like boring skill choices with hardly any deviation and ZERO customization and Microwave generation Loot nao mentality I could see D3 vbeing better but anyone who enjoys D2 for what it was then might I suggest you take a peek at POE. 

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• sportsfansportsfan Member Posts: 431

I love WoW, I like HS and I adored D3 when it still had an AH in hardcore. I loved that Gold economy in a perma death game ssoooo much.

But after the announcement of killing all trade in D3 with this expansion, I won't touch ROS.

D3 is made by the worst clowns possible these days.

The "deleted AH's" were merely a PR stunt , because seriously:

WHY would you continue playing D3 after downing Diablo, because ALL loot after that is USELESS as trading is scrapped.

-------> Tell me... Why would anyone with a sound mind continue to grind if you can't do anything with it ???

With such a limited scope and useless repeat, you would better stick to other genres, because frankly ARPG's are soooo old.... unless you can put your gear up for trade in an economy.

People are just stupid, but they are beaten in dumbness by that little dwarf developper and his D3 gang.

And seriously ... PoE is just amateurish BS. Someone should tell these guys a game needs an engine first.

• piquetpiquet Member UncommonPosts: 189

If only Blizzard would implement some better endgame options, then I would be more excited for RoS. There are lots of awesome endgame suggestions from the fans, but Blizzard is too arrogant to listen. Fans and streamers have warned Blizzard about lack of endgame in RoS again and again, but sadly their critique fall on deaf ears. I'm sure lots of people will buy RoS, curiosity will likely get the better of me as well, but I don't see myself playing a year from now if they don't start listening and implement some of the fantastic ideas from the community.

*Edit* I was really excited before I heard about the lack of endgame. I hoped bounties and rifts would be the solution, but according to many of the RoS testers, they get old fast and the tedium from vanilla D3 is back. Rifts and bounties are cool, but the game needs at least 2-3 more options in my opinion.

• sportsfansportsfan Member Posts: 431
    Originally posted by PWN_FACE
    Originally posted by piquet

...I don't see myself playing a year from now if they don't start listening and implement some of the fantastic ideas from the community.

They will have already spent your money by then and be moving on to the next project.

Wait. Listen. Do you hear that? 

It's the sound of people throwing their money at  Blizzard. It's a blizzard of money.  You don't get to be Director of the Company --  of The Coca Cola Company -- and the CEO, President, and Director of Activision Blizzard if you don't know how to make massive boatloads of money giving the people what they want. They will sell both millions of the xpac and at least a million more of D3 with new people coming in.  

I am not against money making. Communist times are way behind us. Talking about Kotick in such cases is extreme childish.

I do mind making money with bad games though and frankly D3 without trading and Bind on Account Legendaries is a terrible design. Kotick has nothing to do with extreme bad development.

Btw: I am quite convinced the expansion will NOT sell well. The sales of the console version did not do well either. 

ARPG's these days NEED an extra stimulus to be played in their end game, but deleting ALL economy AND excluding PvP to show off your gear is simply moronic.

Luckily we have Hearthstone, or else Blizzard would need massive lay offs in the next year... and THAT is Koticks work: to see that the bills fit.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

An expansion for the price of a full game.

I'm still getting it cos I'm impressed with the improvements after playing on the PTR and the console version..

.. but the price is bollocks.

We are buying this game twice.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.