Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you play AA if it isn't P2P or Free to Try?

Comments

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    Will look at it either way due to the multi class system.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

A awesome feature list, but if it somehow turned out Pay to Win then i wouldn't play, thats my personally red line not only fro archage, in fact imy filter for games here in MMORPG.com is "item mall", those games i dont visit and ignore.

My favorite is subription based  followed by "buy the client" +  free to play.  All content in game should be obtained by playing and skill otherwise.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by LlexX
    Originally posted by syriinx
    where is the option of "I wont play it because too much of the game is designed around open PvP?"
    Originally posted by Wizardry

I am bored so i do have time to find a home in a good quality game but AA does somethings i don't like.I really don't like Pvp in rpg's,not even in the least and this game still has a big push for pvp.

Lucky for you two, there are tons of MMO's out there without open world PvP or even any PvP, like 99% of them, maybe go play them instead of crying here for AA to become one of them too!

thx bye.

yea right! how dare you to actually express your opinion in a post llexx can read without agreeing to his opinion!

go away noobs or agree with him! this is no discussion!

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

Originally posted by Thane
    where is the option of "I wont play it because too much of the game is designed around open PvP?"

I am bored so i do have time to find a home in a good quality game but AA does somethings i don't like.I really don't like Pvp in rpg's,not even in the least and this game still has a big push for pvp.

Lucky for you two, there are tons of MMO's out there without open world PvP or even any PvP, like 99% of them, maybe go play them instead of crying here for AA to become one of them too!

thx bye.

yea right! how dare you to actually express your opinion in a post llexx can read without agreeing to his opinion!

He is right. The developer  announced those features not without a reason. Its like running into burger king and demand to change it to vegetarian shop and whooper shouldn't contain meat.

-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden
    (...)

He is right. The developer  announced those features not without a reason. Its like running into burger king and demand to change it to vegetarian shop and whooper shouldn't contain meat.

yep, and his answer is wrong because you dont like it?

jesus, some people got an attitude you won't believe.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    It's going to be free to play with a VIP (sub) option. If it had a digital box cost, I probably would not play. 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    (...)

yep, and his answer is wrong because you dont like it?

jesus, some people got an attitude you won't believe.

Their comments was off topic anyway.

This isnt about features liked or disliked.  Thats the features this game offers one of which is free PvP on one continent out of three. Which is pretty fair to non PvPrs anyway IMO.

• LlexXLlexX Member UncommonPosts: 200

thx bye.

First of all, the developer stated from the start that there will be open world PvP, finally another MMO to break the traditional nonPvP themepark swarm.

Second, they are complaining about openPvP being present in the game, when it's not coming as a surprise, since it was known from the start that it's going to be like this, and now they are crying for the themeparkisation.

Third, people like them should just stay quiet and play their themeparks, and let us the 5% finally enjoy a game as well!

Anyways, you can play AA by fully ignoring PvP, just need to hug the safe zones etc.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by steelwind

Players have been dying for a game that breaks the themepark trend and offers features that haven't been seen in MMO's for a long time. Something that is different, sandboxy, and offers many many options for players to use their time with.

Instead, all I see are players doing their best to not WANT to play it. Even though the features list dwarfs just about any MMO ever created, it really doesn't take much for you all to become disillusioned.

- If its F2P (even though just about every game is these days), I won't play.

- Creative freedom, opps sorry won't play it because it just might break my own person expectations of immersion.

- Taking too long, lost all hype. Well since it is taking so long, I guess that means I will just go back to themeparks and get bored in a month and start this all over again. So game releasing quickly >>>> quality/features

Your fickle tastes will put you all in a perpetual state of finding the "perfect" MMO even though one may already be under your noses. Keep doing your best to hate on a game which is different enough to possibly warrant long term playability in favor of these stupid petty concerns?

I remember a few years ago when players were dying for something different and the return of the sandbox. It's funny because I didn't hear about these petty concerns then. Back then it was all about what features the game actually had and players desire for something different. Now that something different is actually coming, these same players want nothing more than to find reason not to play. Thats ok, because while you all are searching for your "perfect mmo", I will be happily playing Archeage.

Up vote to this post.image

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

poor choices on that poll.

If ifs F2P ill definitely give it a try since i have nothing to lose but i hope it isnt full F2P. If its B2P with decent cash shop like GW2 i can see myself playing longer term. If its subscription only im not playing beyond the free month. EDIT: Why i wont subscribe? because we already know that the core game is the exact same as WoW and the other mmos. No matter how much shiny things they add to any game, if the core system is the same as WoW, it will play like WoW. In which case i would stay with WoW.

• steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352
    Originally posted by rojo6934

poor choices on that poll.

EDIT: Why i wont subscribe? because we already know that the core game is the exact same as WoW and the other mmos. No matter how much shiny things they add to any game, if the core system is the same as WoW, it will play like WoW. In which case i would stay with WoW.

Actually "we know" the exact opposite. The "core game" is nothing like wow or any other MMO other there right now, This is why those whom have played it, want it to succeed because it is so different. That is unless you just can't get out of the themepark/wow play style and ignore all the gameplay/features that make it vastly different than WoW. If you play it like a themepark, then to you it may be.

If you are rushing to 50, your doing it wrong,

If you are waiting till 50 to engage in sandbox features, doing it wrong.

If you are wanting to spend all your time dungeon crawling, wrong.

If you are leveling via questing, doing it wrong.

If you are ignoring housing, farming and trading, WRONG!

If all you care about is combat, your playing the wrong game.

Comparing Wow to Archeage just makes you look uniformed and silly.

• drakaenadrakaena Member UncommonPosts: 506
    The foundation of AA was built around Open World PvP with territorial control and siege mechanics. As is AA does neither well. It's basically a seamless virtual world with a lot of fluff and RNG crafting. I don't want MMORPG farmville. I want a modernized Lineage. Fix that and I will play regardless of pay model.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

thx bye.

First of all, the developer stated from the start that there will be open world PvP, finally another MMO to break the traditional nonPvP themepark swarm.

Second, they are complaining about openPvP being present in the game, when it's not coming as a surprise, since it was known from the start that it's going to be like this, and now they are crying for the themeparkisation.

Third, people like them should just stay quiet and play their themeparks, and let us the 5% finally enjoy a game as well!

Anyways, you can play AA by fully ignoring PvP, just need to hug the safe zones etc.

Or they could just not play it like they said they wouldn't ? They didn't ask it to change, they just said they wont play a game like that. You seem to be the one having an issue ignoring opinions you don't want to see.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

There will be many reasons behind my decision to either play AA or pass on it, but the payment model isn't one of them.

Make it available, and we'll see what happens, just doesn't seem to be a clear indicator yet on when that might be.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• JJ82JJ82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    I prefer P2P and AA is one of the few coming out that I am actually looking into. I am so sick and tired of themepark handheld garbage that the genre has been locked into for so long. I am hoping that Black Desert and Bliss go the same route, P2P. My hope is that Sony changes their mind and goes with a P2P model for Landmark.

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster
    http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    I play games if they're good, not because of their business model. However, the F2P/cash-shop business model tends to compromise the long-term quality of any game - so I'd be more likely to stick with a game that's pure subscription model.
  • MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592
    I will play this game only if it will have a subscription model F2p models are so messed up that I'm even tired to talk about  them and to split light for other people about it
  • AtmaDarkwolfAtmaDarkwolf Member UncommonPosts: 353

Curious, where is the 'I will NOT try unless its Sub ONLY' option?

Edit: oops my bad, doh! reading ftw :D

also :

" I will NOT play it unless it is one of the two!"

ugh.. isn;t this kinda a 'derp' option? It MUST be one of the two, therefore, being that is an option, you could simple change it to 'DERP' or 'I will play no matter what!'

• KeksXKeksX Member UncommonPosts: 47

thx bye.

Best analogy ever read. 10/10.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by KeksX

thx bye.

Best analogy ever read. 10/10.

+1

People who hate PVP should center their attention on a game which doesn't have it and not waste time trying to change others, it would make for healthier games and communities and would also make those people look like adults and not spoiled children kicking and screaming for a toy that doesn't even exist.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

I would try it either way but p2p without a cash shop is what i would want it to be :)

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

I'm OK with B2P or P2P. We need more info! The "latest" update came from Hartsman's interview... but that was over a month ago.

• ZornhauZornhau Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Originally posted by AmbrosiaAmor

I'm OK with B2P or P2P. We need more info! The "latest" update came from Hartsman's interview... but that was over a month ago.

You must have missed his interview couple days ago :D.

Seems like they've transliterated and translated it. Cultural editing left to go.

I'd guess next 3 to 5 months max before release (just my estimation btw)?

Can't wait!

P.S. Guess this means it'll compete with ESO, although I'd figure that's a different target audience than AA.

• KeksXKeksX Member UncommonPosts: 47

"Compete with ESO".... only Skyrim fanboys will play that because every true MMO fan should despise ESO. 

• ZornhauZornhau Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Originally posted by KeksX

"Compete with ESO".... only Skyrim fanboys will play that because every true MMO fan should despise ESO. 

Guess I must be a Skyrim fanboy b/c I didn't despise ESO ;p. Not that it's what I would have preferred in MMO version of ES game. Far from it. However, they did get few things right about ES world, even if I didn't like many of mechanics underlying ESO. But hell, I don't like how Bethesda has been dumbing down their games since Morrowind, and I've been playing since Daggerfall.