Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

At the moment 1.55million PC playing Skyrim, not bad!

ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Not bad, then to think its PC alone on steam as of this moment 1.55 million playing.

That for a solo RPG seems rather popular.

maybe combined with xbox and ps3 6-7million playing at moment?

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
PSU:Corsair AX1200i

Comments

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971
    A  lot more will play skyrim for PC but not just on a redistribution platform. Iam happy I could buy the game without any Steam.
  • ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Skyrim surely is the game of the decade. One of the best games of the last 10 years or so.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by spizz
    A  lot more will play skyrim for PC but not just on a redistribution platform. Iam happy I could buy the game without any Steam.

I thought Steam was tied to any PC version of Skyrim outside of pirated versions?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158
    What happened to cause this many people playing? I rarely see more than 50-60k playing Skyrim except at launch, unless I am missing something when it comes to steam showing us how many people are playing.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Jimmy562
    What happened to cause this many people playing? I rarely see more than 50-60k playing Skyrim except at launch, unless I am missing something when it comes to steam showing us how many people are playing.

New Morrowind SKyrim mod?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    That's odd when I look at the steam site it says that the peak today has been 57k.
  • asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by Jimmy562

I doubt it.  That mod is nowhere near complete (no quests or actual Morrowind content).  

You make me like charity

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Originally posted by spizz A  lot more will play skyrim for PC but not just on a redistribution platform. Iam happy I could buy the game without any Steam.
    I thought Steam was tied to any PC version of Skyrim outside of pirated versions?

They have hard time it even won't work with nexus mod maneger.

All who pirate there games as sad as theyare, are losers anyway.

On sunday it was again 1.4 million skyrim players ingame on steam.

Originally posted by spizz A  lot more will play skyrim for PC but not just on a redistribution platform. Iam happy I could buy the game without any Steam.

It is you could never buy skyrim lagally without steam its tied to steam.

Don't have to tell you what copy some have:(

Sadly some pc gamers just want a free ride and ruin the whole pc gaming in the process, but they don't care im affraid.

• asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645
    Off topic, but Soldiers of Fortune, I miss those games. Not to mention Morrowind but that I have installed on my computer anyhow.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    Originally posted by Classicstar

Sadly some pc gamers just want a free ride and ruin the whole pc gaming in the process, but they don't care im affraid.

Same age old delusions, there's a ton of piracy on PS3 & Xbox 360 as well. There'd be even more (would definitely surpass PC-piracy in a heartbeat), if it didn't require modding the console

Console piracy has existed since like NES 8-bit, it's just more "troublesome" to execute, so it isn't as visible as PC piracy.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by niceguy3978

That's odd when I look at the steam site it says that the peak today has been 57k.

Yep, OP is trolling.

• asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645
    Originally posted by Fusion

Same age old delusions, there's a ton of piracy on PS3 & Xbox 360 as well. There'd be even more (would definitely surpass PC-piracy in a heartbeat), if it didn't require modding the console

Console piracy has existed since like NES 8-bit, it's just more "troublesome" to execute, so it isn't as visible as PC piracy.

Piracy is hurting the business but even if piracy would seize this very moment it wouldn't stop the companies from charging 39 quid for a new title. It wouldn't stop them from abusing DRM to the point of it being an instability.

Maybe we'd see new and better games if it stopped. Or we would see lazy developers making cashgrabs because they know that no one will be able to check it out without purchasing it. Piracy encourages developers to make good and unique games that people want to purchase. But that doesn't mean that piracy isn't hurting the companies as well.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by asmkm22
    Originally posted by Distopia Originally posted by Jimmy562 What happened to cause this many people playing? I rarely see more than 50-60k playing Skyrim except at launch, unless I am missing something when it comes to steam showing us how many people are playing.
    I doubt it.  That mod is nowhere near complete (no quests or actual Morrowind content).  

I didn't play too much of 0.9 but they have at least started the main quest.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by Jimmy562 What happened to cause this many people playing? I rarely see more than 50-60k playing Skyrim except at launch, unless I am missing something when it comes to steam showing us how many people are playing.

Eh, I wouldn't get your hopes up.  Remember that this project started back when Oblivion was still new, and they never did make much more progress than now.  The problem is that there are plenty of people who are willing to do the fun stuff, like building the landmass and putting the buildings and things where they need to go, because that's easy, fun, and has an immediate feedback mechanism (you can load it up and see your work immediately).  

What they need (and what they've pretty much lacked since the original "Morrowblivion" project) is a core team who's committed to the actual quests, dialogue, and npc's.  That's no small task considering there are something like 2,500 NPC's in Morrowind, with most being somehow attached to at least one quest or function.

So yeah, I wouldn't get your hopes up for much more than snazzy looking screenshots and videos because that's about all they can do.

You make me like charity

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

On sunday it was again 1.4 million skyrim players ingame on steam.

huh ... then I was part of that. "go me"!

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Google translate of "door de community gemaakte en officiele inhound voor alle games en software op steam" comes up with "Made by the community and official content for all games and software on Steam".

That's not 1.55 million people in Skyrim, that's 1.55 million people on Steam or in the Steam communities.

There are 39k people in Skyrim right now.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by Jimmy562 What happened to cause this many people playing? I rarely see more than 50-60k playing Skyrim except at launch, unless I am missing something when it comes to steam showing us how many people are playing.

Eh, I wouldn't get your hopes up.  Remember that this project started back when Oblivion was still new, and they never did make much more progress than now.  The problem is that there are plenty of people who are willing to do the fun stuff, like building the landmass and putting the buildings and things where they need to go, because that's easy, fun, and has an immediate feedback mechanism (you can load it up and see your work immediately).  

What they need (and what they've pretty much lacked since the original "Morrowblivion" project) is a core team who's committed to the actual quests, dialogue, and npc's.  That's no small task considering there are something like 2,500 NPC's in Morrowind, with most being somehow attached to at least one quest or function.

So yeah, I wouldn't get your hopes up for much more than snazzy looking screenshots and videos because that's about all they can do.

Yeah, I would have to agree. I have morroblivion and it plays well but from last  I saw the dlc content was still in "beta" and yet they have started skywind so who knows if it will ever be done.

They really do need a core group who then works on the nuts and bolts and assigns/ oversees the other stuff. Otherwise it's going to take a loooong time.

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

• revy66revy66 Member Posts: 464
    There must be something terribly wrong with OP's number, I don't understand German though. At the moment there are 32k people playing it.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by revy66

There must be something terribly wrong with OP's number, I don't understand German though. At the moment there are 32k people playing it.

It's dutch, I think :-p

• Chosen1Chosen1 Member UncommonPosts: 37

OP is lying.

In the screenshot it says "1.55 mil in game, 6.1mil online"

"in game" means in ANY game. He just shows his "recently played games"

Use steamcharts for future reference.

oh, and btw, you just got trolled by a 9yo! LOL cmon guys, you are smarter then this

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202740249&searchtext=

Armor of the twin blades is DOTA2 Artwork. so my guess is that these items belong to DOTA two.  Where it is saying Skyrim, that are simply a list with recently played games and recently watched hubs. Nothing to do with the current page he is watching.

Originally posted by Chosen1

OP is lying.

In the screenshot it says "1.55 mil in game, 6.1mil online"

"in game" means in ANY game. He just shows his "recently played games"

Use steamcharts for future reference.

oh, and btw, you just got trolled by a 9yo! LOL cmon guys, you are smarter then this

Your right even DOTA2 does not peak that high.

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059

Regardless, Skyrim is a hugely successful game. I do wish more development teams and publishers would get behind these virtual world PVE sandbox-like exploration and adventure RPG games to create some competition, push the genre forward, and give me some alternatives to Bethesda stuff to  play.  :)

You would think there would be at least one successful copycat franchise by now. With the numbers these games pull in you would think some one else would want to earn their dollars too.

Originally posted by Chosen1

oh, and btw, you just got trolled by a 9yo! LOL cmon guys, you are smarter then this

or it was an honest mistake. Doesn't have to be anything more sinister than that. image