Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What classes should i play if i wanted to be....

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

1) a mellee healer... close in mellee combat and heals..

2) a pet class

3) the best crowd controll class in game

can anyone answer these 3 questions for me?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• XyireXyire Member UncommonPosts: 152

1) medic

2) engineer

3) no clue

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I dont like the looks of the medics (espescially their oversized weapons...... so that is out...

There is indeed only one pet flavoured class

And all classes get lots of controll abilities

I came to the conclusion that there are 2 types of classes Tank/Dps and Healer/Dps...  three of each..

And each of those 6 classes has its very own flavour...

Sad thing there is no Tank/Healer class....... but that might have been just to unballancing...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Maybe I'm looking it from the wrong directions, but in Wildstar's case I don't really care about classes, for me it'll be more like a path game. (I like to play healer, so most likely medic or spellslinger for me, but it's pretty irrelevant)

My plan is:

first, an exile settler, then a dominion scientist, in both cases the race and class is in the "whatever" region, and finally an explorer, in his case even the faction is in the "whatever" region, depends which faction's tone I'll like the most.

Probably I should squeeze a soldier onto the character list as well to check their specific missions, but ... dunno. Who cares about combat when you can explore or build your island? :)

• moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337
    You had the answers the whole time. What an odd post.
  • Ralphie2449Ralphie2449 Member UncommonPosts: 574

1)probably medic since he ll be a close to medium range class overall, other than that then esper

2)pet class, definitely engineer

3)best cc i would say a cc focused esper

Originally posted by moguy2
    You had the answers the whole time. What an odd post.

odd posts make people think odd...

And on top of that, my answer is highly discusible, i could be wrong...

• WingeyeWingeye Member Posts: 58

since this is scifi where is my sniper that oneshots everything?

what is the name of that class? assuming there is one

Originally posted by Wingeye

Snipers have no place in a heroic game..... Its all about being a hero... And these sniper rats are nothing even resembling a hero...

now hush hush... Back to the fps crowd with you

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    Espers have pets aswell dont forget. and im pretty sure they can be capible healers aswell.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• Ralphie2449Ralphie2449 Member UncommonPosts: 574
    Originally posted by Rayshe
    Espers have pets aswell dont forget. and im pretty sure they can be capible healers aswell.

well they are more like dot abilities manifesting as mini pets, they dont last long

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Originally posted by Wingeye

You're never going to see a true Sniper in a MMO, because balance wouldn't allow a class that can kill people from so far away they couldn't even see the guy that ganked them.  The best you will ever get is something that has Sniper themes.  Wildstar doesn't really appear to have that, but the closest would be the Engineer, since it is the only ranged class focusing on a two handed gun.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

Originally posted by Wolfy2449
    Originally posted by Rayshe

well they are more like dot abilities manifesting as mini pets, they dont last long

Thats at least as far as we know...  pets that work like dots like in EQ2...  personally i hope they will also have illusions that work more like the Thaumaturgist pets in DAoC..   or some form of permanent illusion..

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

I dont like the looks of the medics (espescially their oversized weapons...... so that is out...

There is indeed only one pet flavoured class

And all classes get lots of controll abilities

I came to the conclusion that there are 2 types of classes Tank/Dps and Healer/Dps...  three of each..

And each of those 6 classes has its very own flavour...

Sad thing there is no Tank/Healer class....... but that might have been just to unballancing...

I wouldn't discount the medic just yet.  It's a unique class for sure.  At the very least, give it a shot.  Every class feels a lot different from the other.  So, you really can't go wrong with any of the classes you have in mind.

• g0m0rrahg0m0rrah Member UncommonPosts: 325
    So is every class weapon locked? If I have to use a specific weapon type that's pretty much a non starter for me.
  • DaessarDaessar Member Posts: 204
    Originally posted by g0m0rrah
    So is every class weapon locked? If I have to use a specific weapon type that's pretty much a non starter for me.

Yes every class is weapon locked to 1 weapon style.

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Originally posted by Daessar
    Originally posted by g0m0rrah

Yes every class is weapon locked to 1 weapon style.

Technically you are not correct.  Let me explain.  Warriors use a 2 handed sword and an arm blaster.  Medics use their resonators and probes.  Stalkers use their claws and nano suit power and etc.  While you will only equip one weapon type.  Each class has abilities between the tool set they have.