Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[General Article] WildStar: Turning into a Formidable MMO

12346»

Comments

• KyelthisKyelthis Member UncommonPosts: 287
    Originally posted by wgc01
    I am sure the game will have a good crowd that follows it, for me it reads like every other theme park mmo on the market  .. I am gona take a pass on wildstar, myself not all games are for everyone and I don't think this one would hold my intrest for very long, seems to lack depth from what I read , but that is my personal taste, I wish the game and fans the best and a long run..:)

An actual mature opinion of the game, so very rare and well said. I myself am looking forward to the game but I won't know for certain until I get my hands on it. Even if I end up not liking it, I still hope it does well for the fans.

• LyeryJazzLyeryJazz Member UncommonPosts: 6
    I think Wildstar has some promise. I do like the humor in it,  though I tend to go  for more realistic looking games then cartoon style games such as this one.  The fighting mechanics look interesting. One thing in the article that bothered me is the idea that this is one of the only MMOs putt that is different then al the others.  I know some love to trash TSW, (those who haven't really played it for very long, or recently) but that game was the first modern MMO that was truly different then any other MMO.  And I know some will jump in and trash the fighting but it is the one game that gives players a choice of tab targeting or action/aiming at the mobs such as in Tera. And not to mention depending on where you are fighting can be very complex as you have to take into account the environment as well. That said since TSW has its own loyal fans, it hasn't taken the world but storm and pulled most everyone away from WoW, though FF14 may be the one to do that. Ultimately it comes down to taste and what people enjoy.  All MMOs  seem to piss people off at some point, or bore them or both, it's the nature of the beast.  I expect the same will occur with Wildstar. 
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Originally posted by mCalvert
    Originally posted by MrMelGibson
    Originally posted by WabbaWay
    Originally posted by zalatoy
    if it was free i would play it but not for a paid wow star, how can dis not be a clone, even the devs are from wow. i played the closed beta and game is good, but nothing new, will not pay for it.

Congratulations, you are the first to say "it's a wow clone" in the comments-section of this article!

If the shoe fits....

Except that the shoe doesn't fit. There's so many differences between WoW and Wildstar that calling it a clone is just retarded - you can't say it's a clone just because both games has cartoony graphics (and even then there's plenty of difference in the style of cartoonish...ness). 

I honestly didn't think we would see a lot of these "its a wow clone"-posts simply because of how radically different the combat-system is in Wildstar, but i guess i was wrong...

Tab target, face enemy, mash buttons till enemy dies which consist of playing animations and rolling dice to see if you hit and how hard. They may fancy it up a bit and call it free form, but it all boils down to the same thing that 100 other MMOs do. Add in quests givers with symbols over their head, raiding etc. You cant fool us.

You are dead wrong.  I'm in the beta.  I have actual game play time.  Let me tell you.  This game is not Tab target lol.  Troll somewhere else please.

My opinion is based on developer videos. That's how THEY describe it. Fanboy somewhere else please.

Let me get this straight.  You are basing this opinion on a video you watched?  And I'm basing it off my personal experience with the game and I'm a fanboy?  Whatever you say hipster.

• LyeryJazzLyeryJazz Member UncommonPosts: 6
    I think Wildstar has some promise. I do like the humor in it,  though I tend to go  for more realistic looking games then cartoon style games such as this one.  The fighting mechanics look interesting. One thing in the article that bothered me is the idea that this is one of the only MMOs that is different then all the others.  I know some love to trash TSW, (those who haven't really played it for very long, or recently) but that game was the first modern MMO that was truly different then any other MMO.  And I know some will jump in and trash the fighting but it is the one game that gives players a choice of tab targeting or action/aiming at the mobs such as in Tera. And not to mention, depending on where you are fighting, it can be very complex as you have to take into account the environment as well. That said since TSW has its own loyal fans, it hasn't taken the world but storm and pulled most everyone away from WoW, though FF14 may be the one to do that. Ultimately it comes down to taste and what people enjoy.  All MMOs  seem to piss people off at some point, or bore them or both, it's the nature of the beast.  I expect the same will occur with Wildstar. 

• MatryoshkaMatryoshka Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Originally posted by MrMelGibson
    Originally posted by zalatoy
    if it was free i would play it but not for a paid wow star, how can dis not be a clone, even the devs are from wow. i played the closed beta and game is good, but nothing new, will not pay for it.

Congratulations, you are the first to say "it's a wow clone" in the comments-section of this article!

If the shoe fits....

Except that the shoe doesn't fit. There's so many differences between WoW and Wildstar that calling it a clone is just retarded - you can't say it's a clone just because both games has cartoony graphics (and even then there's plenty of difference in the style of cartoonish...ness). 

I honestly didn't think we would see a lot of these "its a wow clone"-posts simply because of how radically different the combat-system is in Wildstar, but i guess i was wrong...

Tab target, face enemy, mash buttons till enemy dies which consist of playing animations and rolling dice to see if you hit and how hard. They may fancy it up a bit and call it free form, but it all boils down to the same thing that 100 other MMOs do. Add in quests givers with symbols over their head, raiding etc. You cant fool us.

You are dead wrong.  I'm in the beta.  I have actual game play time.  Let me tell you.  This game is not Tab target lol.  Troll somewhere else please.

My opinion is based on developer videos. That's how THEY describe it. Fanboy somewhere else please.

"In the end, we decided to put together a new system we call free form targeting. It takes the core of traditional MMO tab targeting letting you easily locate your allies or enemies, but with almost all of our abilities you can actually take manual control of your aiming to launch projectiles or inflict pure AOE damage."

Re-watch it, please.

• MatryoshkaMatryoshka Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Originally posted by Kyelthis
    I don't understand all the hate I'm seeing for this game. Some are throwing around marketing hype conspiracies, some are saying it looks cartoon-y and kid-like, others are saying that it's a mindless WoW clone. Look, I played WoW from vanilla through WotLK and even came back for MoP and I can say with all certainty that this is not a WoW clone. Wildstar looks to bring back what made WoW so good in vanilla and TBC and I could not be happier. If people could just get over their immaturity (doubtful) and realize that this game is the way it is and won't change dramatically then they could go on with their lives in happiness and won't have to worry.

I suggest you do the same. Stop reading comments you don't like if you are going to personally insult the people who make them. Just accept criticism  is the way it is and wont change dramatically. Go on with your life in happiness and don't worry.

I'm not really understanding your logic here. You don't like the game, you don't care about the game and information on it, so why exactly are you reading articles about it and discussing it? Doesn't that seem a little bit pointless to you? If you're not interested in this game or new information about it, why not just ignore it and why the need to continue to discuss it at all if your mind is already made up?

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    Game needs a LOT of work still.  Most negative and unhappy beta forums I've seen 2nd to SWTOR and that really surprised me.  But there are a lot of things that do need a lot of attention - I would predict a later launch than a few are anticipating (summer or winter 2014)