Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ugh

Stay away from this game.

There I saved you precious time... moments in your life that you can spend with your loved ones and/or with other worthwhile games. Go play D&D again.. even craptastic WoW is worth more of your time.

Seriously. I am very open minded, very forgiving. while I acknowledge the weak and flawed, I seek for the best in all things.  I seek immersion and substance and relegate the flashy and the graphically obsessed. I read books still. I hate anime. I'm a good person. Dont be me and retry Vanguard - and find that 7 years later, the best they can do with your classes' animations is "air guitar" ala Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. I could go on. But I savor my precious time on this earth so ill just end this now and bask in the hope that somewhere I helped a fellow gamer avoid this hopeless shitstorm game.

Trust me. For every 5 minutes of fun, Vanguard will suffer upon you 2 hours of nutsack gore by their team of blind wild oxen.

Comments

• David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813
    I completely disagree. It has many issues no doubt. Different strokes for different folks.
  • fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499
    Originally posted by Reehay

Stay away from this game.

There I saved you precious time... moments in your life that you can spend with your loved ones and/or with other worthwhile games. Go play D&D again.. even craptastic WoW is worth more of your time.

Seriously. I am very open minded, very forgiving. while I acknowledge the weak and flawed, I seek for the best in all things.  I seek immersion and substance and relegate the flashy and the graphically obsessed. I read books still. I hate anime. I'm a good person. Dont be me and retry Vanguard - and find that 7 years later, the best they can do with your classes' animations is "air guitar" ala Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. I could go on. But I savor my precious time on this earth so ill just end this now and bask in the hope that somewhere I helped a fellow gamer avoid this hopeless shitstorm game.

Trust me. For every 5 minutes of fun, Vanguard will suffer upon you 2 hours of nutsack gore by their team of blind wild oxen.

Tell us something we don't know.

• Binny45Binny45 Member UncommonPosts: 522

I also disagree with the OP.  Vanguard is a beautiful game that was way, WAY ahead of it's time and released far too early.

It's open scope,it's beautiful scenery, it's crafting and diplomacy system, and it's sense of adventure are what make this game fantastic. 

It is also an example of what happens when a Dev is forced to release a game prematurely. You would think they would have learned from this by now.

It is a crying shame that this game is only a shadow of what it could have become.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

i have seen a few of these posts lately, usually though centered around the graphics primarily. /shrug.

i spose im getting old, but the graphics just don't trouble me at all.

as someone said, to each their own.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• IrishbeardIrishbeard Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Originally posted by Binny45

I also disagree with the OP.  Vanguard is a beautiful game that was way, WAY ahead of it's time and released far too early.

It's open scope,it's beautiful scenery, it's crafting and diplomacy system, and it's sense of adventure are what make this game fantastic. 

It is also an example of what happens when a Dev is forced to release a game prematurely. You would think they would have learned from this by now.

It is a crying shame that this game is only a shadow of what it could have become.

Which game is it you're playing?  Vanguard is so bugged and it has been for this many years it will never get fixed.  It's a game that was ruined, period.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by aspekx

i have seen a few of these posts lately, usually though centered around the graphics primarily. /shrug.

i spose im getting old, but the graphics just don't trouble me at all.

as someone said, to each their own.

I think the game looks pretty good in screenshots.  Animations are the real problem, and where the age starts to show.

You make me like charity

• DirkinDirkin Member Posts: 78
    Originally posted by Irishbeard
    Originally posted by Binny45

Which game is it you're playing?  Vanguard is so bugged and it has been for this many years it will never get fixed.  It's a game that was ruined, period.

Eh, I've been playing VG since beta. It certainly has its bugs. However, I've never seen bugs so bad that it makes things unplayable or even close. I would never call the game ruined. I enjoy it greatly, and have definitely gotten my six years and counting of entertainment out of it.