Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please use this area to give honest alpha build reviews.

KarbleKarble Member UncommonPosts: 750

There are a huge number of people that have been interested in fellow gamer feedback on the state of the game. This will be the first time players (backers) have been able to log in and really get a sense of how things feel in the new game world.

Yes it's in alpha state and yes there are many functions not enabled, but the general character tabs, UI, models, housing, artwork, animations, and whatever else people can expand upon would be helpful at this stage for those of us that are still on the fence.

Thanks in advance for any current state of game reviews.

Comments

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Housing is awesome, but I don't think I can afford it :(

• golden.radishgolden.radish Member UncommonPosts: 12

R1, (dec 12-14, 2013) is pre-alpha.

It's very playable, performance is 60FPS everywhere.  And I mean everywhere, with either minimum video options or maximum video options, 60FPS.  I measured that with Fraps.  The client has not crashed for me, despite playing for several hours at a time.  No matter where you view the very large town of Owl's Head, it renders well.

Overall texture/rendering quality is good to very good, in my opinion.  Lighting, temporal effects, shadows and so on, all good.  Even at this early pre-alpha stage, the game is very pretty and plays well.  There is direct person to person chat, which is lag free at this point.

A few bugs like falling through world geometry, getting stuck in certain spots, all expected, normal, and really infrequent.  A few things like friction polish and animal collision and things are all expected and humerous, and this stage.

Housing selection works great, housing decoration works great.  The conversation system works, at the most basic level, with some contextual bugs due to the limited scope of the test.  Day & night cycle is immersive.

That's what they wanted tested, and it's all good.  There will be no combat until March, which is the first shoe to drop.  The second shoe will be the details for PvP, none of which have been released beyond "It's all consensual".

• MMOredfalconMMOredfalcon Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Can't give honest review when ya can't get past the login screen. As several others running into the same problem. Guess will hafta wait till next round.
  • stvnkrs10stvnkrs10 Member UncommonPosts: 53
    My first impression was the graphics were amazing, exploring was nice, housing was awesome! Can't wait to see more.
  • KarbleKarble Member UncommonPosts: 750
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    Housing is awesome, but I don't think I can afford it :(

Do you think there will be any item shop in this game post release where players can choose a house or plot size or other things for $$?

I realize the initial larger backing packages have houses included. Just curious if the game will continue the ability to purchase in game items for real life money post release or not.

• KarbleKarble Member UncommonPosts: 750
    Originally posted by golden.radish

R1, (dec 12-14, 2013) is pre-alpha.

It's very playable, performance is 60FPS everywhere.  And I mean everywhere, with either minimum video options or maximum video options, 60FPS.  I measured that with Fraps.  The client has not crashed for me, despite playing for several hours at a time.  No matter where you view the very large town of Owl's Head, it renders well.

Overall texture/rendering quality is good to very good, in my opinion.  Lighting, temporal effects, shadows and so on, all good.  Even at this early pre-alpha stage, the game is very pretty and plays well.  There is direct person to person chat, which is lag free at this point.

A few bugs like falling through world geometry, getting stuck in certain spots, all expected, normal, and really infrequent.  A few things like friction polish and animal collision and things are all expected and humerous, and this stage.

Housing selection works great, housing decoration works great.  The conversation system works, at the most basic level, with some contextual bugs due to the limited scope of the test.  Day & night cycle is immersive.

That's what they wanted tested, and it's all good.  There will be no combat until March, which is the first shoe to drop.  The second shoe will be the details for PvP, none of which have been released beyond "It's all consensual".

Thanks for the excellent review of current state of game. It's good to hear things are starting to come together a bit. Maybe if the March alpha testing goes well, I will get off the fence and purchase the game.

I am very curious about how skills will feel in action when fighting or gathering etc. This will obviously be a large part of the game and I hope, will be done quite well. From the small video I have seen, battles are currently a bit slow and don't look tactful. But it was said that this was very very early combat which was going to get alot of modification and refinement.

Guess I am just being impatient since it actually is looking more and more like a decent game every time I take a peak at it.