Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guinness World Record Attempt

2»

Comments

• WowMike2002WowMike2002 Member Posts: 20

Level 78.33333333333

52h 42m 00s

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

The only record i see this guy setting is in stupidity.

Neither Guiness nor Twitch should support this. And what sort of "record" is it anyway? It as lame as these world records in sitting on a bench or turns in a revolving door. There is not even any "competition" in that sense.

its ridiculous what kinds or "records" Guiness supports anyway....going by crap like this, i should have set a ton of world records already...such as longest time wearing my t-shirt inside out without noticing it or slowest eating an apple while doing the most circles with my mousepointer on the desktop.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Volgore

The only record i see this guy setting is in stupidity.

Neither Guiness nor Twitch should support this. And what sort of "record" is it anyway? It as lame as these world records in sitting on a bench or turns in a revolving door. There is not even any "competition" in that sense.

its ridiculous what kinds or "records" Guiness supports anyway....going by crap like this, i should have set a ton of world records already...such as longest time wearing my t-shirt inside out without noticing it or slowest eating an apple while doing the most circles with my mousepointer on the desktop.

Break it yourself then :) you talk big but you have no idea how hard sitting records or such "easy" records are. I once bet I could stand on one foot for an entire hour because I am good at balancing, didn't manage more than 45 minutes before my leg cramped up.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Quite frankly A record where you try to play for 135 hours is extremely dangerous and I'll judged. Those timescales are life threatening, and should be slammed on by reputable sites in case the less intelligent in the community try to follow suite.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• newbinatornewbinator Member Posts: 780
    Has this guy died from sleep deprivation yet?
  • obsolete5obsolete5 Member Posts: 82
    a bit strange imo just because like people these days should realize playing up to and even more than 5 hours a game a day is already getting to be pretty serious i mean if you can and enjoy it go for it i guess but people die doing this kind of thing your body isnt supposed to be awake and sitting for this long its not natural.  
  • GilnidorGilnidor Member UncommonPosts: 115

For the last three years I have participated in the extra life events first two years was a gaming marathon for 24 hours and this years event was 25 hours. Gaming for a good cause gives some extra power.

Though my longest game session is 34 hours straight of wow when it was released. Did get my Paladin to level 38 :)

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Dihoru

past 40 if you're lucky and horny you'll start seeing your favorite actress running around buck naked... quite distracting or so I am told.

WOW maps look like vaginas to him

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Amateurs compared to this guy
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by Nadia

WOW maps look like vaginas to him

well in all honesty...  (pics)

fair enough

but he was also next to a small circular flaming pit in orgrimmar claiming it looked like a vagina

he's offline - I have no idea when he stopped,  he was over 58 hours when I last looked

• MightykingMightyking Member UncommonPosts: 235

I saw his counter at 65 hours, then tabbed out for an hour or two, and saw the stream offline. In twitch chat I saw someone saying that he mumbled something incomprehensible for a few minutes and then logged off.

Don't try this at home kids :)

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924
    went to twitch and saw him on 60 hours or so came back later in day thinking he be on 70 or something but he was offline.guess it got too much.
  • AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665
    Did he know what he was doing? I have read a lot of claims that it's pretty easy to hit cap in a day or two now. Wondering if they were exaggerating. 
  • XTREM1337XTREM1337 Member Posts: 24

personal record, 20h at Guild Wars 1 ... and 36 hours during the week-end at City Of Heroes...

anyway..

JEDI MASTER SOTANAX
    SWG PRE-CU

• JJ82JJ82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    Originally posted by RPGForever
    Originally posted by DMKano

After 30ish hours of sleep deprivation the circadian rhythms get all screwed up, and it goes downhill fast.

Would not recommend. 

Some people had been reported dead after staying playing for more than 48 hours.

Yeah some 4-5 South Koreans have died from gaming marathons with many hospitalized over the years. There was talk for a while of laws being passed to prevent that from happening since it was all done by people in internet cafe's.

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster
    http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

Originally posted by hercules
    went to twitch and saw him on 60 hours or so came back later in day thinking he be on 70 or something but he was offline.guess it got too much.

his channel is claiming it was due to a disconnect issue  http://www.twitch.tv/maak9

• GrummusGrummus Member UncommonPosts: 151

You don't die from sleep deprivation.

Anything less than 48h is Babby's First Gameboy with 10lb of batteries level.

• STYNKFYSTSTYNKFYST Member Posts: 290

Because WoW players troll other games cause they have nothing better to do...I figure this it just rewards...

The record...seems to me...is how many players continue to play such an outdated POS.

That's a record fer sure

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    I would rather kill myself than play the same game for that long.

Op returns for a long session in a week

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/401320/190-in-ONE-sitting.html

Originally posted by maak999

12/20 at 2pm EST join us on www.twitch.tv/maak9 i will be trying to be the second ever to level a toon 1-90 in ONE sitting. As

well as a charity Raffle you could win a headset, mouse, or keyboard please check it out and show your support thanks!

All donations for the prizes go to the relay for life.

• sbantingsbanting Member Posts: 238

My personal record is around 30 hours, at every WoW expansion launch lol, me and my guild leader level together and keep going till we are max level or fall asleep getting there lol. In Cata I think i took a break after reaching 83.5 and in MOP I leveled all the way to 90 before going to sleep.

My record for 0-90, on a monk is 2 days play time, really quick as a monk with the xp boosts and heirlooms.

Originally posted by sbanting

My record for 0-90, on a monk is 2 days play time, really quick as a monk with the xp boosts and heirlooms.

sounds damn fast to me :)