Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online: ESO Launching April 4th, 2014 - PVP Detailed in New Video

Comments

• killahhkillahh Member UncommonPosts: 445
    Originally posted by Karteli
    Originally posted by Ppiper
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Huge launch, followed by a mass exodus, F2P in less than a year. Loyal core following for years afterwards.

too funny, probably true.

The true final laugh is that those end-game PVP fights are only after someone maxes their toon.  With 3 factions to play, why would anyone waste time to get good at PVP.  Create a new character on another faction, and see that story instead!

For those big fights, people would need to continue working on just 1 character, and resist the true nature of ESO - PVE story!

I foresee empty battlegrounds for quite some time .. which is going to irritate the PVP-centric crowd, causing them to break-up / disband, and ultimately leaving a cluster F for PVP. lol

Any bets on how soon this game goes F2P?  Use SWTOR as a reference of 11 months .. Over, Under? lol.

this poor guy has never played daoc, nor experience the three way death triangle that was a source of some of the most fantastic pvp , ever.

this unfortunate soul never pvped , or else he would know the fun that could be had by  low level pvping.

this poster is  an unfortunate result of 6 years of relative bad gaming,  pity him, he knows not what he says, there is always hope for a refreshing new game, so dont give in .

I cant see a great gaming company destroying a 10 year IP, and risking millions of dollars in revenue from a guaranteed source, aka the single player games in order to venture into  the mmorpg world. then again i do have an edible hat, hope i don't have to eat it :)

over 20 years of mmorpg's and counting...

• hammarushammarus Member UncommonPosts: 196
    Originally posted by keithian
    I agree with someone above. Too soon. Concerned that they are being stubborn about any core changes based on feedback, but I guess we will see soon enough.

Agreed. Its way too soon if they listened to beta feedback. So since they announced, its seems they are ignoring feedback.   Thus, I will be writing this one off.

• hammarushammarus Member UncommonPosts: 196
    Originally posted by killahh
    Huge launch, followed by a mass exodus, F2P in less than a year. Loyal core following for years afterwards.

The true final laugh is that those end-game PVP fights are only after someone maxes their toon.  With 3 factions to play, why would anyone waste time to get good at PVP.  Create a new character on another faction, and see that story instead!

For those big fights, people would need to continue working on just 1 character, and resist the true nature of ESO - PVE story!

I foresee empty battlegrounds for quite some time .. which is going to irritate the PVP-centric crowd, causing them to break-up / disband, and ultimately leaving a cluster F for PVP. lol

Any bets on how soon this game goes F2P?  Use SWTOR as a reference of 11 months .. Over, Under? lol.

this poor guy has never played daoc, nor experience the three way death triangle that was a source of some of the most fantastic pvp , ever.

this unfortunate soul never pvped , or else he would know the fun that could be had by  low level pvping.

this poster is  an unfortunate result of 6 years of relative bad gaming,  pity him, he knows not what he says, there is always hope for a refreshing new game, so dont give in .

I cant see a great gaming company destroying a 10 year IP, and risking millions of dollars in revenue from a guaranteed source, aka the single player games in order to venture into  the mmorpg world. then again i do have an edible hat, hope i don't have to eat it :)

I can see it.  (them ruining it that is).  I played DAOC, this is no DAOC!

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944

how you can call this detailed video ?

its almost cinematic ... we new already about the 3 factions... there is not any technical detail about their SUPER MEGA SMART SINGLE SERVER ...

• killahhkillahh Member UncommonPosts: 445
    Originally posted by hammarus

I can see it.  (them ruining it that is).  I played DAOC, this is no DAOC!

i played daoc too, Mordred 8 mans are still tops on my list on most fun pvp :)

over 20 years of mmorpg's and counting...

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675
    That's a long ways away to make a solid date, can see this getting pushed back.   or come out half finished.
  • slicknslim88slicknslim88 Member Posts: 394
    Watched the video, it looks like they all have the same attack animations and the same running animations.  Like every race has the same animations.  Is this true?
  • NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Watched on my phone.
    This must be the "realistic" look people been flapping their gums about. I haven't seen so many shades of brown in a while.
    And unf...all that rigid cloth and animations. It does remind me of Skyrim. It must be a good thing.
  • bamwallabamwalla Member UncommonPosts: 221
    Rather unimpressed.
  • RetiredRetired Member UncommonPosts: 744
    Originally posted by observer
    It's nowhere near ready, and i seriously doubt it will be ready in 5 months, especially knowing they've had years to make this game.  If they couldn't make it better after all this time, then they never will.

Probably the best comment so far.

• bendwc10bendwc10 Member UncommonPosts: 56
    What's the weapon the woman is firing at about 37 seconds?  Almost looks like a mini crossbow gun thingy?  And yeah I think there is going to be a lag problem with this game.  I'm hoping it doesn't suffer the same fate as what Vanguard did when it launched.
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

I would really want to see actual game play video. This looks like it was created on a desktop.

If I'm incorrect please let me know.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

You said it all.

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963
    Originally posted by Agent_Joseph
    good luck ! I hope it not finished as SWTOR(sp game +co-op)

don't hate.. 

• GatlanGatlan Member UncommonPosts: 141
    Originally posted by muffins89
    Originally posted by PerfArt

"Detailed new video?" There were absolutely zero details in that video. :(

Still pumped though! Thanks for the update.

at :35 seconds they show a crossbow for the first time.  but other than that yeah not much details.

Turns out that's a fighter's guild ability called 'silver bullet' and not an actual weapon.  That's the part that caught my eye too.

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697

So, we have very generic looking art style (even more than GW2 IMHO), clunky animations and combat, instanced and zoned world and a subscription fee. The upsides are ES lore and character progression, while PVE questing and massive PVP quality is still unknown (at least to non-beta testers). 

Not a day 1 buy for me, but I can see why some people are excited.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,981
    The longer it takes to come out the better a MMO it will be. Quite happy if it was not out until this time next year.
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Ryowulf

If TESO is a good and engaging game for a large percent of the people who play it, then it will do well.  If anyone thinks that as long as TESO has realm pride or because there are 3 faction stories that somehow will save a bad game, they are wrong.

Although the ES id might keep it afloat (see swtor).

It could be the 2nd coming, which it ain't , and as long as it remains P2P it'll never do great.  The MMO market is not big enough to support at most a couple Subscription games and it appears WoW and Eve has those locked up.  Ever stop and think why crappy games like Diablo 3 or Call of Duty sell millions of boxes every year.  I assure you the reason is because of Subscriptions, or should I say the lack thereof.  Why do you think there was such a huge backlash to any DRM added to any game.  Single player and F2P games are the future, and for the most were the past.  The MMO scene is too niche to support hundreds of Subscription games.

With that being said, 70% (according to one poll) of Elder Scrolls fans have said they will not be playing ESO.  Couple that with all the negativity surrounding the many inconsistencies with their marketbase it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to predict this game will bomb and bomb big.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf

You said it all.

The only saving grace this game has is it near identical and much loved PvP system.  It will be the only thing that keeps the game afloat for any length of time.  I myself loved DAoC, but I am just not into PvP any more.  Therefore ESO will most likely be a pass because (insert NDA).  I wish them all the luck because they are going to need it and PvP will be the ONLY thing to keep the game running.

Those looking for a PvE Elder Scrolls world will not find much enjoyment out of the game as of right now.  That could change once we know more about Adventure Zones, but TES purists will most likely find the many MMO elements too harsh for their likes. 

One of these days someone will take the perfect PvE elements of a Diablo 2 and Asheron's Call and create the ultimate PvE experience FOR ME.  All I want is a perpetual persistent MMO with many of the same ARPG elements found in D2 and AC.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

Makes me laugh at how many basement game experts with crystal balls there are talking utter shite in this thread.  That goes for the fans and the haters !!

On topic: I'd be a fool not to give it go and see for myself as I enjoyed the ES series.  How I will like it I have no real idea yet, nor do I know how the game will fare in the medium/longterm.

If the Devs have their heads screwed on and have played other MMO's, then they should have a good idea of what is and isn't expected of a P2P AAA MMO.

Looking forward to April in order to form an actual tried/tested opinion.

Feel sorry for you testers with that ball gag you're forced to wear at the moment !

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301
    Housing, it needs housing at launch :(

• LorgarnLorgarn Member UncommonPosts: 417

Hm, I'm having sort of mixed feelings after watching that video. What disturbs me the most is the blatantly obvious lack of frames available in the PvP battles. If they manage to optimize the game overall, the combat and animations during these last few months I'll definitely give it a try at launch.

Good luck Zenimax, work as hard as you can - This game surely has potential to sell a bunch of copies at launch.

• CthulhuPuffsCthulhuPuffs Member UncommonPosts: 368

That "PvP Preview" video is NOT In-game footage. It might be using the games graphics, but that is purely a Cinematic.

There is one quote that totally sums up the info about ESO that ZOS has released.

"They keep saying the Dragons are coming, but all I get is more floppy wiener in my face!"

Bringer of Eternal Darkness and Despair, but also a Nutritious way to start your Morning.

Games Played: Too Many

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    The fact that itll be on console turns me off. Will wait for others to buy it for trying.
  • gambe1gambe1 Member UncommonPosts: 123
    PvP trailer just looks awful. I mean, i would understand and probably be quite pleased if this would be a game developed by some small independant game studio like Aventurine (Darkfall). For a tripple A game, one of most anticipated MMO's in 2014 and a game made after one or even the greatest RPG series it just looks really, really bad.