Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Screwing up the game - devs gone bad

AmorzkaAmorzka Member Posts: 28

Anyone looking to play this, don't waste your time. The a$$tard devs are now limiting resource collection. I don't know but I suspect for the advantage of either the devs or vip (very ignorant pricks)

Mostly alts in any case

Comments

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910
    No way this thread could go pear shaped. Nope. It will be just fine.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• worldalphaworldalpha Member Posts: 403
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by lizardbones
    No way this thread could go pear shaped. Nope. It will be just fine.

Too late.

It's like a rite of passage though. After all the years and work he put into the game, he can't say he's arrived until a mindless nerd-raging rant is posted about his game and he's called bad names. I kind of feel like we should go have some beers and toast him. :)

Yes, I trust I've passed the rite of passage with glowing colors!  The game is by no means perfect, but like most indie games is a work in process.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Working on Social Strategy MMORTS (now Launched!) http://www.worldalpha.com

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Virgin no more. Welcome to the big leagues.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Kyleran
    Virgin no more. Welcome to the big leagues.

Thanks for the chuckle!

Thanks,
    Mike

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

I just recently went back to it after some months away and hit a frustrating wall that kinda ended my WorldAlpha playing for now.

My character was healthy so I needed food. Ok, went to buy food. Well, I can't buy it if I don't have a house to put it in. So I went to buy houses but couldn't because I don't have plots of land. Fair enough - bought plots of land. Now went to buy houses and the permits cost real money. Ok, so I figured, let's drop 15 dollars in the game because it's entertaining, right? 

Well, I did that and went to buy the house... which now find that I can't build because they require prefabs and the only ones on the market cost the equivalent of 16 dollars.

It's a great idea for a game with some complex gameplay, but right now the only thing I can do with my character is sleep. Eh, he doesn't need me to get that done, so I logged out and really lost a lot of interest in the game after today's experience.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

Originally posted by Loktofeit

I just recently went back to it after some months away and hit a frustrating wall that kinda ended my WorldAlpha playing for now.

My character was healthy so I needed food. Ok, went to buy food. Well, I can't buy it if I don't have a house to put it in. So I went to buy houses but couldn't because I don't have plots of land. Fair enough - bought plots of land. Now went to buy houses and the permits cost real money. Ok, so I figured, let's drop 15 dollars in the game because it's entertaining, right? 

Well, I did that and went to buy the house... which now find that I can't build because they require prefabs and the only ones on the market cost the equivalent of 16 dollars.

It's a great idea for a game with some complex gameplay, but right now the only thing I can do with my character is sleep. Eh, he doesn't need me to get that done, so I logged out and really lost a lot of interest in the game after today's experience.

Loktofeit,

What size how do you want?  The Q1 houses are only Ac 4,000, which is the equivalent of E$20, or 20 cents of RL $, or just a day of "working" in game.  They also don't require any plot.  Where you trying to buy a high-end house?  I would suggest building a Q1 or Q2 house and moving your way up.

We appreciate you coming back, and hope you stick around and contribute to the community.

EDIT:

I just checked and even the highest end house a Q5, costs Ac 65,000 which is only E$325 or about $3.25 RL money. 

Thanks,
    Mike

Originally posted by worldalpha

Loktofeit,

What size how do you want?  The Q1 houses are only Ac 4,000, which is the equivalent of E$20, or 20 cents of RL $, or just a day of "working" in game.  They also don't require any plot.  Where you trying to buy a high-end house?  I would suggest building a Q1 or Q2 house and moving your way up.

We appreciate you coming back, and hope you stick around and contribute to the community.

I was looking to get a Q2 in Nil/Illioren(sp?). My character wasn't able to work because he wasn't healthy and he wasn't able to eat because he had no place to put his food. I have no idea where he's sleeping right now, and I'm afraid to ask. :) 

BTW... WOW that was a fast response!

Going to grab some coffee, hop back in, and see if I can figure out what I was missing or why I can't get that Q2 set up.

EDIT: Went back in, bought the prefabs, bought the permit, and now I have the house. So, did I miss it earlier or is it only after buying the house that you get told you have 35 days left on it? Or does that 35 days left refer to something other than the house? And how do I renew it?

I'd like to get this slacker character of mine more involved in his community, but the guy controlling him could use a bit more help here. :) 

Thanks again,. for the msg here and the email. (Yes, he emailed me to help me out after reading this thread!) Very much appreciated, WA!

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

EDIT: Went back in, bought the prefabs, bought the permit, and now I have the house. So, did I miss it earlier or is it only after buying the house that you get told you have 35 days left on it? Or does that 35 days left refer to something other than the house? And how do I renew it?

All buildings degrade over time.  A bit of realism and helps keep the economy going.  So, you can buy and use building repair kits to keep in good repair.  You can repair it up to 2X initial days.  ie you could repair it today and get the max 70 days before you would have to repair it again.

Thanks,
    Mike

All buildings degrade over time.  A bit of realism and helps keep the economy going.  So, you can buy and use building repair kits to keep in good repair.  You can repair it up to 2X initial days.  ie you could repair it today and get the max 70 days before you would have to repair it again.

Mint. So it's just building maintenance. Makes sense. Thanks!