Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hope

AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Of all the games to soon be released, this one has my biggest vote for bringing back some of the RPG in MMORPG. Although it looks somewhat rough as far as character movement goes, overall the game looks great. No character class system has always been one of my favorites allowing my choice in developing who I want to play for hours. I have also been looking for a more mature game title that appeals more to the older players and filters out more of the obnoxious chatter. I have my fingers crossed. 

IMHO this is what developers should be shooting for and not clones of one another. 

Gloria Victis

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Comments

• SawlstoneSawlstone Member Posts: 301

I am looking forward to the melee tournament being hosted the Saturday 4pm EST for pre-alpha donators. It should be a really good experience for all of us that have been testing when we can and don't have many opportunities to see other players online. I'm surely gonna lose but I plan on have a good go at it!

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Sawlstone

I am looking forward to the melee tournament being hosted the Saturday 4pm EST for pre-alpha donators. It should be a really good experience for all of us that have been testing when we can and don't have many opportunities to see other players online. I'm surely gonna lose but I plan on have a good go at it!

Good luck to you. I would surely love to see that! 

edit: Is there any chance they may stream that for folks to watch? It would make for some good free air time and maybe more people would see it's potential.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Originally posted by Amjoco
    Originally posted by Sawlstone

Good luck to you. I would surely love to see that! 

edit: Is there any chance they may stream that for folks to watch? It would make for some good free air time and maybe more people would see it's potential.

I doubt it since its pre-alpha. But that is definitely a idea for later on I'd like to think. I am looking forward to it!

• panlodowegopanlodowego Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Not going to fight in it since I'v bought it few days ago but for sure will come and watch!
  • superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

Looks very promising.

What I like most- for once, something that's NOT high fantasy! Love the real medieval feel.

• SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554

This game has a ton of potential I am in the pre-alpha at the moment for that reason.

But unsure what others are raving about with currently build, its very...well pre-alpha, basically not playable aside from seeing how the game works, which is  a good view but not worth the time spent at the moment due to its state.

But I expect big things from this indie company, they have the drive and are very excited about their game.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    I have been following this on Facebook for awhile now. It has totally got me stoked.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    isnt it like 2-3 yrs away?? the combat last I saw looked totally brutal, it made TSW look top notch
    As mentioned, I wanted to update this thread and say that we had a very fun in game experience when one of the pre-alpha testers hosted a melee tournament. We managed to get 12 or 14 players involved in the fights and it ended with a champion! After the final battle, mayhem ensued and it was a battle to the death. We had the fighting in a close environment and it was great to see that many players in combat at once. I wish I could state more, but I can't. All I can say is I had a blast and some laughs!!
  • FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    Been hoping for a decent low-fantasy "mount & bladeish" MMO combat/game ever since i played the 1st one, this is looking nice, hope they can fine-tune the animations and the "feel" of combat to a level of polish MnB has and i'm sold!
    http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

I hope it turns out as you wish.

Personally, the line from the video "This means that the skill of a player plays an integral part in the outcome of fights.", means it is not an MMO for me.

Again, I do hope your hope is fulfilled :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• gkb3469gkb3469 Member UncommonPosts: 148
    I like what im seeing
  • badbingo10badbingo10 Member Posts: 46
    Originally posted by Rhoklaw
    I've actually been watching this game as well as Embers of Caerus since they are both so similar. Be interesting to see at least one of them make it to the light of day, so heres to hoping.

Same here!

I'm astonished its taken this long for games like these to come into development, people are crying out for a game like this and none are due for release anytime soon, and none by developers big enough to guarantee they ever arrive.

Fingers crossed for both.... before Christmas! Now that's to hoping :D