Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Epic Numbers

SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

According to reports, the concurrent number of users online has gone pass 1.8 million with around 18 million active users. Tencent Games is expected to make an official statement once the concurrent number hits 2 million. World of Warcraft took 3 years to hit 1 million concurrent users.

195 servers lol.

Comments

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

Remember, there were far fewer people with internet access when WoW achieved those numbers, and a smaller percentage that played games ;)

Still, at least I can see the appeal of B&S; something I never could with WoW.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Could you at least provide some source as to these reports?

What happened to B&S performing poorly? Is there enough end-game content all of a sudden? What about the leveling? I think I remember reading that it went by too fast.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Blade and Soul was just released in China, so this isn't exactly surprising.  Also, keep in mind that the game was basically designed and marketed for the Chinese market in the first place, so these numbers aren't surprising.

You make me like charity

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by NBlitz

What happened to B&S performing poorly? Is there enough end-game content all of a sudden? What about the leveling? I think I remember reading that it went by too fast.

http://www.mmoculture.com/2013/12/blade-soul-nearly-200-servers-live-with-insane-number-of-players/

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon

According to reports, the concurrent number of users online has gone pass 1.8 million with around 18 million active users. Tencent Games is expected to make an official statement once the concurrent number hits 2 million. World of Warcraft took 3 years to hit 1 million concurrent users.

195 servers lol.

You do realize you're comparing the concurrent users of a game that you had to buy a $40 box and pay a $15 a month fee to be online to a game that is free to access?  Also I'm going to bet the difference in mmo player base between 2007 America and 2013 China is fairly large.

That said I do wish B&S the best and would love to see an NA/EU version.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by NBlitz

http://www.mmoculture.com/2013/12/blade-soul-nearly-200-servers-live-with-insane-number-of-players/

Thanks.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by reeereee

195 servers lol.

You do realize you're comparing the concurrent users of a game that you had to buy a $40 box and pay a $15 a month fee to be online to a game that is free to access?  Also I'm going to bet the difference in mmo player base between 2007 America and 2013 China is fairly large.

I stopped pointing this kind of thing out a long time ago.  It never seems to sink in.

You make me like charity

• MagicabbageMagicabbage Member Posts: 93

195 servers lol.

It's China, so 2/3 of those are gold spammer accounts.

Also World of Tanks boasts 12 million players. I don't know ONE person who owns or even considered playing that game.

195 servers lol.

I realize very well thank you, fact remains it's still epic number.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

195 servers lol.

I realize very well thank you, fact remains it's still epic number.

You and I have very different definitions of the word epic. Epic is something people talk about years later...like a game with 12 million subs. A big name f2p game launching with those number seems pretty normal.  What do you think eqn is going to have it's first week ?

• Mr.KujoMr.Kujo Member Posts: 383

195 servers lol.

Good one, good job! 2013 game release compared to 2005 WoW release, perfect. When WoW was released, number of households with internet access in China was 4 times smaller than now. Total number of people playing online games was not even close to 2 million, but hey... perfect. Lets compare wild west locomotive to shinkansen, that will work...

And I've quit the game after two hours to never come back... I guess that means I should never base my opinion on popularity?

Or maybe I was counted in those 1.8 mil when I was online for that short time, that would explain.

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

Ahh, very cool. Was looking forward to the NA release, but haven't gotten any information recently.

NCSoft is really stepping up their MMOs.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

Originally posted by Vorch

Ahh, very cool. Was looking forward to the NA release, but haven't gotten any information recently.

No info on NA release.

Epic number though.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

The NA website hasn't been updated in over a year. Two of the lead designers listed for the conversion to a western market work for other companies (like Riot) now.

I don't want to be a pessimist but I'm kind of doubting they will even release it in the west.

Originally posted by djazzy

The NA website hasn't been updated in over a year. Two of the lead designers listed for the conversion to a western market work for other companies (like Riot) now.

I don't want to be a pessimist but I'm kind of doubting they will even release it in the west.

I have to agree with you on this.

How old is the NA debut trailer?

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020

No info on NA release.

Epic number though.

that number really isn't all that epic, someone laid it out for you already, p2p mmo's reach those numbers easily with their launches. so given that B&S is a FREE to play, it'd be epic if it launched with something like 3-4m and then continued to grow over time.

The only way this number will -become- an epic number is if 6 months down the line, they have 1.8m concurrent players playing. And i'm not talking about what they consider an 'active' account.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• TrashcantoyTrashcantoy Member Posts: 827
    Let's face it OP, optimistic threads are not allowed on these forums. People can't take happy news and try to downgrade it at any cost without even having heard of the game in question.

MMOs currently playing: -
    About to play: Lord of the Rings Online
    Played: Anarchy Online (alltime favorite) and lots of f2p titles (honorable mentions: 9Dragons, Martial Heroes, Dekaron, Atlantica Online)

• KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    In Korea alone B&S is P2P, in China B&S is 'freemium'-free + premium accs.
  • Mr.KujoMr.Kujo Member Posts: 383
    Originally posted by Trashcantoy
    Let's face it OP, optimistic threads are not allowed on these forums. People can't take happy news and try to downgrade it at any cost without even having heard of the game in question.

It's never only good news, it is always "game I like is better than other games". There always has to be at least one game compared like WoW in this example, and there always has to be some exaggeration, and some selective use of facts to make other people want to straighten things out.

He could just write "My game beats records and it is impresive", he has to add that little detail, that it was better than other game and that it is epic, just to give a reason to be flamed... don't pretend like you don't see the difference.

It is provoking, so he gets response.

Originally posted by Mr.Kujo

It's never only good news, it is always "game I like is better than other games". There always has to be at least one game compared like WoW in this example, and there always has to be some exaggeration, and some selective use of facts to make other people want to straighten things out.

He could just write "My game beats records and it is impresive", he has to add that little detail, that it was better than other game and that it is epic, just to give a reason to be flamed... don't pretend like you don't see the difference.

Lol, i didn't say the game was better than wow, seems you have an actual reading problem.

I said it took WOW a year to reach a million, that's not saying B&S is better lmao.

@trashcanty, lol i learnt long ago not to take much stock in peoples reaction on these forums but alas the numbers are epic even though i'm sure Age Of Wushu had 20 million at some point.

Both epic number in themselves.

Originally posted by Mr.Kujo

Lol, i didn't say the game was better than wow, seems you have an actual reading problem.

I said it took WOW a year to reach a million, that's not saying B&S is better lmao.

@trashcanty, lol i learnt long ago not to take much stock in peoples reaction on these forums but alas the numbers are epic even though i'm sure Age Of Wushu had 20 million at some point.

Both epic number in themselves.

dude you've been made since page 1, no need to start acting righteous now.

by saying it took WoW a year to reach a million, and this game did it in a 10th of the time is equivalent to you saying its better than WoW. and you ignoring the facts that 1. is a p2p game and one is f2p and 2. ignoring the fact of how many mmorpg players there actually was back when wow launched to now just goes to show you don't care about it, you just want to weave your story to put B&S in the best light possible, no matter whose toes you step on.

• Servant-XIIServant-XII Member Posts: 34
    Seeing that it's by NCSoft, that pretty much clinches the deal for me in terms of not playing the game. And I'm not a anime fan so that adds to my decision. Though those numbers may be impressive now, the company will pull the plug on the game when they feel it's not doing what they want it to do. That doesn't necessarily mean making money which an MMO has to do obviously. But their track record is checkered when it comes to developer support. So we'll see how long this lasts.

CoH Supergroup: The Millennium Paladins

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Holy cats that's a lot of people. Wonder how it'll do in the West?

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Originally posted by lizardbones

Holy cats that's a lot of people. Wonder how it'll do in the West?

People are saying it likely -wont- be produced in the West because of what was it...EQN? Whatever new game NCSOFT is developing to be released over here.