Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 Questions????

Hi all, I was considering giving 'Guild Wars 2' a go and had some questions for people who actually played it. I see alot of people griping about the game but before I actually buy it I would really like to know what the main gripes are before I dump the cash on it.

So what are the main gripes of the game in it's current state? 

Thanks to everyone in advance who shares their experiences with me :)

Comments

• LokbergLokberg Member Posts: 315

Well my only gripe is that i cant do everything i want to do i have to chose what dungeons, fractals, guild events and wvw i do.

The day is just to short, my best tip is to get into a good guild and start to know people that will hook you mate.

• DeathWolf2uDeathWolf2u Member Posts: 291
    Thanks Lokberg, sounds like it takes a considerable amount of time to do just one thing from what you're saying.
  • AtlysAtlys Member Posts: 69
    It is a really fun game that I think everyone should experience at least once. I played it for about 6 months solid, and then drifted away because dungeon runs were pretty much the only real endgame. Just a week ago I came back, and I've been having a blast. They changed up a lot of the game, and added more things to do, not just at endgame but leveling as well. I say you check it out.

On the eternal quest for that one perfect MMO.

• raslirasli Member UncommonPosts: 56

I think the main gripes from some people are:

1.  No holy trinity, a lot of people are not used to it and find pve too chaotic without holy trinity.

2. No hardcore raid gear progression.  GW2 has a lot of things to do when you max level, but it does not have raids and the associated gear progression in the traditional sense, that turned away some "hardcore" players.

3. Not a sandbox.

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Boring , repetitive game, is my gripe. Worst purchase I ve made in all of gaming I ve made. This is my opinion of course.
  • 1. A big one for me is that even if you level to level 80, when you come back to a level 10 area, you're effective level is 10. I like how FFXIV did this. To participate in an event, you have to level sync. It has it's pros and cons also though.

2. A turn off for some people, including me,  are the lack of armor models before level 30 or 40 - it's all pretty generic until then.

3. No trinity can be a turn off - pros and cons there also.

Personally, I think it is worth the buy. 

• neobahamut20neobahamut20 Member Posts: 336
    The main gripe is simple. The devs don't care about anything other than PvE and even that is lackluster. All fights are pretty much the same add or take a gimmick and if you played WoW you've seen it all. The only difference is that the mobs either hit less hard or give you plenty of time to dodge since everything is slow. So their only remedy is to have an AoE wave which you can jump over in their fights. Learn to play with a ranged weapon, of course, as in all bad games, a warrior with a longbow hits harder than a ranger with a longbow.

Boycotting EA. Why? They suck, even moreso since 2008.

• DeathWolf2uDeathWolf2u Member Posts: 291

Thanks everyone for sharing I think I'm going to skip this game. I do not know what the trinity thing is that some of you mentioned but doesn't matter I'm not dropping the cash on this game. Looks like I'm going to have to wait longer for another game to release.

Right now I've been playing the new version of 'City of Steam' and in my opinion they kind of ruined it from what it used to be. Now it's just a big P2W themepark on rails type of game.

• LokbergLokberg Member Posts: 315
    you can always wait for a new free weekend and try it for your self tho