Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Remnant Knights: Server Shut Down on January 31st

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Game Samba has announced that Remnant Knights will be ceasing operations on January 31, 2014 due to the cessation of the development agreement with MIN Communications. According to the post, the break with MIN came as a result of a lack of updates.

Once again, we thank all of our players who supported and spent time in the world of Kasmari. Just because RK is closing, doesn't mean that we are, though! We will continue to serve you in our other games such as RAN Online and Champions of Regnum. 

Thank you all, and hopefully we’ll see you in one of our other virtual worlds!

Server Close Details:

Close Date: Jan 31, 2014

Time: 11:59PM PST

Samba Shop:

We will be providing Samba compensation for all Sambas spent in-game from November 1, 2013 to the closing date (Jan 31, 2014). 

Read more on the Remnant Knights site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    Who?

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    I have never heard of this game. Sad to see another game shut down though.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• drtack1drtack1 Member UncommonPosts: 273

I have never heard of this game either but looking at the website and doing some reading it actually looks like a fun little side game....to bad its being shut down. If I had heard of it earlier I would have played it.

Sad to see another game fall.

• AtlysAtlys Member Posts: 69
    That is kind of sad. I remember not really caring for the game, but GMs were always in the game, helping players and running constant activities. I always respected that game for having people in there 24/7 to help with new players and have fun. I'm sure those who loved the game will truly miss it.

On the eternal quest for that one perfect MMO.

• zimikezimike Member UncommonPosts: 160
    R.I.P game I never heard of until now.
  • SpellforgedSpellforged Member UncommonPosts: 458
    Originally posted by Atlys
    That is kind of sad. I remember not really caring for the game, but GMs were always in the game, helping players and running constant activities. I always respected that game for having people in there 24/7 to help with new players and have fun. I'm sure those who loved the game will truly miss it.

Yeah, the game was horrible but the moderators were incredibly friendly and social.  I kinda feel bad for them.  Although, RK was a rapidly sinking ship since last year.

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228
    that sucks. i played RK with my girlfriend and sister months ago, game was pretty common cookie cutter but  24/7 gm support is always rare for mmos now days. typically its 24/7 email support not actual ingame support.
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    This game entertained just because of the GM support. I stopped playing it though because the grind was pretty awful.

Smile

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    I played RK briefly with my daughters and it was a cool game with lots of GM events. Sad to see it go but I think every dev/publisher should only have 3 type of mmorpgs in their portfolio tops. A B2P, a F2P and a Sub based one. Still with that said, I hate when any mmorpg player gets their game closed.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• KbobKbob Member Posts: 81
    yay
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

There is a reason you never heard of this game, same reason it is now being shut down.

:)

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation