Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions about returning

dzonesdzones Member UncommonPosts: 121

Decided to come back to the game now and was wondering if the membership was worth the money or not?

I went through steam to do my account since i could not remember my original info anyway. They have an upgrade deal for one price of 9.99. Is that a worthwhile deal in your opinion?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

got the Halloween special (on steam too?), yep- 

(six months of membership and the free two extra months plus a Phial of Ataraxia and  "Wings of Power")

still my favourite MMO , looking forward to the crafting revamp 

• DaSpackDaSpack Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Originally posted by dzones

Decided to come back to the game now and was wondering if the membership was worth the money or not?

I went through steam to do my account since i could not remember my original info anyway. They have an upgrade deal for one price of 9.99. Is that a worthwhile deal in your opinion?

Thanks in advance

It's worth the money.. And another thing, I always feel good when I have thrown a few coin at a game, knowing that I have supported further development of it. Now, let's just hope they really blow us away with a monster of an Crafting-expansion by start of december.

Pump it up!! :)

The Ultimate Breakdown

• dzonesdzones Member UncommonPosts: 121

Thanks for the reply. I usually end up funding the game I play as well. Just wanted to get some overall thoughts on that is all.

I noticed there is an expansion available, Rise of the Godslayer, is that a "must have" thing as well? Should I just get it from Funcom? I did not see the option to buy on Steam.

• TyserieTyserie Member UncommonPosts: 155

Thanks for the reply. I usually end up funding the game I play as well. Just wanted to get some overall thoughts on that is all.

I noticed there is an expansion available, Rise of the Godslayer, is that a "must have" thing as well? Should I just get it from Funcom? I did not see the option to buy on Steam.

You should totally buy the expansion, there is another advanced skills system, new mounts.  Another thing is, that the expansion arears are very nice, but hard to play in one :) I didn't play it so much, but I am sure is worth of money, if you really wants to enjoy AoC.

If I go ahead and become a member do I automatically get access to the Rise of the Godslayer or do I have to purchase the expansion AND subsribe? it is a bit confusing on their site. I do not see a place to buy the expansion but it is available online at other places.
  • IrishbeardIrishbeard Member UncommonPosts: 21
    If I go ahead and become a member do I automatically get access to the Rise of the Godslayer or do I have to purchase the expansion AND subsribe? it is a bit confusing on their site. I do not see a place to buy the expansion but it is available online at other places.

You need to buy the xpac.  I think I got mine from ebay, or Amazon.  It was a digital code.  Real cheap and comes with a lot of goodies.

Originally posted by Irishbeard

You need to buy the xpac.  I think I got mine from ebay, or Amazon.  It was a digital code.  Real cheap and comes with a lot of goodies.

cool thanks

I see you got an answer already. But just to mention it.. This thing about the Xpac is one of the things that confuse people a bit. This because you can play F2P, and not leave a dime in the game.. But if you do that you would never be able to see whats behind the Khitaian walls or have any of the other membership perks. If you go for membership you would get the membership perks, this would also mean getting access to Khitai if you payed the one time fee of the Khitai expansion. So there it is.. There is plenty room for confusions here... But the way I see it, either you can settle and play the AoC outside Khitai for free or you can buckle up and go for the entire experiense with a one time purchase and subscription as you would for any other sub based game.

It's a fair enough deal I think, but people get confused every now and then. And I don't blame them, because FUNCOM did not make this as pedagogic as they could or should. 

The Ultimate Breakdown

Thanks for the breakdown there DaSpac. You are right they did leave a lot of room for confusion. I did go ahead and start my membership and ordered the expansion pack via Amazon. Since I have Prime with Amazon I was able to have it overnighted to me for a total price of 15.98 which I thought was pretty good.

So my final question for now would be, since I did the membership AND the expansion, would there be any perk to buying the extra 9.99 survival pack from Steam? would it be worthwhile still?

Thanks for the breakdown there DaSpac. You are right they did leave a lot of room for confusion. I did go ahead and start my membership and ordered the expansion pack via Amazon. Since I have Prime with Amazon I was able to have it overnighted to me for a total price of 15.98 which I thought was pretty good.

So my final question for now would be, since I did the membership AND the expansion, would there be any perk to buying the extra 9.99 survival pack from Steam? would it be worthwhile still?

Not sure if it's worth it. You can for sure manage without.

If you get it you would level faster and also get some vanity stuff to show off in.

The Ultimate Breakdown

• LuckyDuckyLuckyDucky Member UncommonPosts: 268

I agree  the $9.99 would be better spent in the cash shop buying vanity armor than on the survival  pack. There is some pretty cool vanity armor that looks so much better than the stock stuff that drops in the game. Ugly plaid boots and kilts that seriously lack any  aesthetic  style. The vanity armor on the other hand is some good looking stuff and you can mix and match different sets to look any way you want. The vanity tab was one of the best things that has happened to this game, I hope they design some more cool looking stuff.

Besides I think for starters everyone gets this rare blue sword in their claims bag. That thing will mow down any of the low level  enemies pretty well. Potions, health and stamina buffs are not a problem to pick up in game either. Survival really isn't a problem in the early going, once you learn the controls and the combat.

"The Pen Is Mightier Than The Demo"

Thanks for the responses guys. I appreciate all the great info.

Regarding Guilds in the game. Is there any side perks like xp gains or anything like that for being in one? I got a blanket invite from one within 10 minutes of starting and was wondering about the perks.

• mayh3mmayh3m Member UncommonPosts: 79
    Originally posted by DaSpack

I see you got an answer already. But just to mention it.. This thing about the Xpac is one of the things that confuse people a bit. This because you can play F2P, and not leave a dime in the game.. But if you do that you would never be able to see whats behind the Khitaian walls or have any of the other membership perks. If you go for membership you would get the membership perks, this would also mean getting access to Khitai if you payed the one time fee of the Khitai expansion. So there it is.. There is plenty room for confusions here... But the way I see it, either you can settle and play the AoC outside Khitai for free or you can buckle up and go for the entire experiense with a one time purchase and subscription as you would for any other sub based game.

This is what bums me out about Funcom. I have an 80 ToS. I subbed for a while when the game was sub only. I paid for the Xpac when it launched. But now if I want access to that Xpac content I have to resub. So I keep checking back and hoping to find that Funcom opens the Xpac content to those who paid for it. 

I mean their model for TSW is great. I dabble there all the time. But it just irks me about the Xpac content for AoC. Anyone else feel the same. I mean it feels like they are double dipping to me. Yes I know this is how it used to be but times have changed. Why not make it unlockable through purchase or included in the sub... not both though.

And tbh my ToS was the most fun I had playing a toon to max level in an MMO. I wish they would make it happen for me image

Current: BDO
    Looking forward to: Crowfall & Chronicles of Elyria

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

The Tortage Survival pack is great because you get it on all future alts you make so all characters have a great set of starter gear which helps a lot to speed up the early stages, I´ve used it on three characters already

• VaporsVapors Member UncommonPosts: 407

I was always very happy about people joining AoC, and often defented the game. I just don't understand why there's no update or anything for such a long time.

They told me I can switch my character for like 7 months ago, I still can switch my character to the server with the higher population... It's like they forgot to add some things this year.