Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR.com Community Team Outed on Being Biased

Recently I've been surfing the SWTOR forums, and I've been coming across posts and even threads here and there that have people libeling me. It's harassment, and calling me out, all three which are definitely against their forum rules.

I have the documented evidence right here, and now I'm going to show you guys that the Community Team on SWTOR.com is unprofessional, and moderation is completely laughable. My 2nd and last forum account got perma'd back in late September, and I decided to go out with a bang with a friend since I was quitting October 4th, and now, I've noticed that the defenders have accused me of being other critical posters; such as Ayelinna, TOR-tanic, etc.

I have now realized the forum moderators will not usually carry out their own forum rules when it comes to most if not all of the defenders. Also, I have emailed them about this multiple times with solid proof about their inexcusable behavior, with no response whatsoever or any sort of update on the investigation. I know these things are handled on a case-by-case basis, but it's been weeks and nothing is being done to stop this libel and harassment against me.

Guess I'm e-famous now, but whatever. What I'm trying to point out is that the moderators should be enforcing their rules on any kind of poster, but that doesn't seem to be the case, as they remain biased toward certain points of view, and even posters.

I had to call Customer Support... yes... you heard that right... CALL Customer Support, a completely different department, one that does NOT handle forum issues whatsoever, to see what they can do. They told me to email them at [email protected], where their higher department (the TOS department) will look into this. I'm not sure if much, if anything, will be done about this since they don't handle forum issues, but I'm wondering if this will finally be addressed.

Here is the last email I've sent about this issue:

Here are the last two links in the email.

As always, I look forward to a mature discussion.

Comments

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

"This post has already been reported"

I laughed when I clicked it.

MrJurgens weekly rant about swtor didn't last 5 minutes this week Oh well if they don't finally ban you to get you to stop trolling that game maybe you'll find something that you can hate on again next week.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    You should get a hint and move on with your life OP.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

I have to admit shamefully that I've got once a warning from SWTOR forum moderators for naming the overly negative post on forum trolling. That taught me not ever to use this word again. Of course I felt it was not fair to get a warning for defending the game LOL, but rules are rules. I guess mere word troll and trolling trigger warnings.

I am sorry if you feel that you were treated not fair, I believe though that SWTOR right now has pretty good moderators. It is my opinion though. Of course I learned my lesson so I do not expose myself to any issues with mods.

P.S. To be honest, the post was trolling.

P.S.2 You can get a warning if you defend SWTOR as well.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

I'm not sure I understand, your second and last account have both been perma banned from the Swtor forums and you expect the moderators to not be biased? Maybe I am misunderstanding the situation, why were the first accounts banned? I'll go out on a limb and wager that the forum moderators at Swtor are human, and thus just as colored by past experiences as other users. They should hold them selves to a higher standard, but again they are only human, if you've pissed them off to the point that they are ignoring the other users attacking you ... well perhaps you should just find a new forum to frequent. There have been several users on these very forums who have bounced to alts to escape bans, people who continually poked the community and moderation bear .... and the same thing tends to happen over here. The moderators can only do so much against some users, and more often then not the community becomes the ousting force.

/shrug  - Then again I might be misunderstanding your issue entirely.

• nytemarehnytemareh Member UncommonPosts: 156
    I could be wrong here, but it seems to me if you have had multiple accounts, names, or whatever banned the problem is most likely you. Although there is that chance they just out to get you, because you pose a threat. Take your pick
  • MrJurgensMrJurgens Member Posts: 47

Originally posted by zymurgeist

No moderator in any forum is going to tell you about any actions taken or not taken against another poster, moderator, or company employee for legal reasons.

This thread isn't going anywhere. Discussing moderation on other forums isn't welcome here.

I don't need to know what actions have been taken. I just need to know that actions will be taken. If a certain group of posters that the community team favors allows them to go farther than bend the rules, that should be applied to every other poster: "haters", trolls, etc.

Originally posted by DamonVile

MrJurgens weekly rant about swtor didn't last 5 minutes this week Oh well if they don't finally ban you to get you to stop trolling that game maybe you'll find something that you can hate on again next week.

I have a right to make critical assessments about the game and about EA/BioWare.

Also, do not try and break these forum's rules by trying to derail this thread and attacking me. It's clear you are more on the defensive side when it comes to SWTOR, but if you don't like what I have to say, then don't read it. Your group of posters need to stop calling those who are critical "trolls", and need to have some self-control.

Originally posted by nytemareh
    I could be wrong here, but it seems to me if you have had multiple accounts, names, or whatever banned the problem is most likely you. Although there is that chance they just out to get you, because you pose a threat. Take your pick

I've only ever had 2 accounts. MrJurgens and FriendReferral. If others are going to try and insinuate I'm another critical poster, I might as well be the thousands of other posters posting in the Unsubscriber's Thread.

/rolls_eyes

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by MrJurgens

I have a right to make critical assessments about the game and about EA/BioWare.

Also, do not try and break these forum's rules by trying to derail this thread and attacking me. It's clear you are more on the defensive side when it comes to SWTOR, but if you don't like what I have to say, then don't read it. Your group of posters need to stop calling those who are critical "trolls", and need to have some self-control.

That actually made me laugh out loud. The guy that's been on a near psychotic rant over a game for 2 years. Got his account banned so he can't post on the official forums anymore, and is only here because it's the only place on the internet he can find a fellowship of haters to continue ranting and hating on a game...is telling people they need some self control.

If you had any self control you never would of had your account banned, and you could post your hate some place people actually might care ;)

• nytemarehnytemareh Member UncommonPosts: 156
    Only 2. Well, I am going to go out on a limb, and say that just maybe it is your approach.  Approach is everything.  Come off sounding like a jerk a person is treated that way.  Seeming as how you are /rollingeyes I would say approach is the problem.  
  • GatlanGatlan Member UncommonPosts: 141
         People who work are generally busy and don't want to deal with 'extra issues'.  This is just from personal experience.  But I'm sure when customer service sent you to support they were just trying to get on with their day.  Most people are aware of their product's problems and generally work to fix those problems, sometimes there is no way for them to do this successfully, in which cases it is extra stressful for them to have someone remind them of this every day.  I don't know if this relates to your problem, OP, just made me think a little.
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

It hasn't been universally established but internet pseudonyms cannot be libeled. A pen name can, and a known person can, but an anonymous, internet "personality" cannot.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• IylzIylz Member Posts: 107
    I imagine a fat German kid who once went rampaging with his keyboard now grown up and named.....MrJurgens.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by zymurgeist

No moderator in any forum is going to tell you about any actions taken or not taken against another poster, moderator, or company employee for legal reasons.

This thread isn't going anywhere. Discussing moderation on other forums isn't welcome here.

I don't need to know what actions have been taken. I just need to know that actions will be taken. If a certain group of posters that the community team favors allows them to go farther than bend the rules, that should be applied to every other poster: "haters", trolls, etc.

Take notice of one little thing here, look at the date on Damon's account, look at the date on mine, look at the date on many others around you in this new forum you've decided to grace. Notice a trend? Like maybe..People posting for years on one account?  This site doesn't shy away from the ban hammer either, if you're causing problems and frequently bring about harsh reactions you'll see that fairly quickly. Learn to forum...

Just a friendly heads up...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

I digged a bit SWTOR forums and the only thing I dare say that you certainly earned a "certain" reputation there..

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

That actually made me laugh out loud. The guy that's been on a near psychotic rant over a game for 2 years. Got his account banned so he can't post on the official forums anymore, and is only here because it's the only place on the internet he can find a fellowship of haters to continue ranting and hating on a game...is telling people they need some self control.

If you had any self control you never would of had your account banned, and you could post your hate some place people actually might care ;)

Near-psychotic rant? Nice try, but as always, ad hominem attacks don't make your arguments any better. They just become more and more flawed. I also love the miscalculations.

I haven't been on a rant for over 2 years about SWTOR. I got my first account banned due to Allison Berryman, back when the SWTOR forums were probably even stricter than they are now. I can admit that the forums aren't that strict as they were in the past, but only to a SLIGHT degree. The difference is marginal.

The defenders actually do need to have self-control. It's gotten so bad to them that when they see hate, they start making hate posts and threads about the "haters", or make a post/thread about a specific critical poster, and now the moderators don't seem to mind it at all. If they aren't enforcing those rules on the defenders, why should it be applied to those who truly do troll, to the "haters", etc.? I bet you can't come up with one legitimate reason for that, and even if you tried, there is no legitimate reason for that type of behavior.

What is going on on those boards is immoral, as you can see in OP. You don't seem to mind it whatsoever either, but that's probably because you're more on the defensive side.

This discussion has been closed.