Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No P2W unique MMO

natk7natk7 Member Posts: 3
I was wondering if you could recommend me an MMO. I'm looking for something:
-without P2W, and if possible not many XP/MF etc potions
-either subscription only or F2P (no subscription + item shop)
-not a WoW clone
-without big death penalty (my internet connection isn't too good)
-not many bots
-unique gameplay would be a huge plus

I played:
Wow - played for a very long time mostly during BC and Wotlk and loved it but I'm not interested in it now after all those changes.
Rift - Very nice game but too similar to WoW
Tibia (long time ago) - I really liked the game and it's strict rules but community was terrible back then and death penalty way too big for me. Also a lot of bots later.
Eve - liked it's complexity but too unforgiving
Maple Story (few years ago) - surprisingly nice game but it was full of cheaters back then
SWTOR - I didn't like it at all
Guild Wars 2 - It was nice but not really for a long time.

Appreciate any suggestion:)

Comments

• SkymourneSkymourne Member UncommonPosts: 380
    I'm trying to wrack my brain for you right now to think of something, but honestly there's just nothing out there right now for what you are asking for.  You listed all of the games that i would've listed for you to play really. Unless someone else has something i don't think you're going to have much luck right now.  There's new games coming out this next year though, so you might find some luck at that time.
  • treyu86treyu86 Member UncommonPosts: 269

Darkfall Unholy Wars has everything you listed. Check it.

Herei is some player basic review with features video.

• natk7natk7 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for your replies. Darkfall looks very interesting. I'll keep my eye on it in case they decide to make a Trial period.
  • syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378
    Originally posted by natk7
    Thanks for your replies. Darkfall looks very interesting. I'll keep my eye on it in case they decide to make a Trial period.

They won't.  The original Darkfall was out for a very long time with no trial period.  You had to pay just to see the game.

Have you looked into The Secret World or Runescape?  Neither are pay-to-win last time I checked.

• treyu86treyu86 Member UncommonPosts: 269
    Originally posted by syntax42

They won't.  The original Darkfall was out for a very long time with no trial period.  You had to pay just to see the game.

Have you looked into The Secret World or Runescape?  Neither are pay-to-win last time I checked.

You are wrong. It DID have a trial. They implemented it a year and a half after the game released. So DFUW can (and i think it will) have a free trial or some sort

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

They will never do that. the games bad and the developers, Aventurine are even worse. DF1 didn't last long before aventurine shut it down and DFUW seems to be doing even worse by all accounts.

Good luck with your search

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    Originally posted by treyu86

You are wrong. It DID have a trial. They implemented it a year and a half after the game released. So DFUW can (and i think it will) have a free trial or some sort

Um, syntax sort of said the same thing as you.

And, I think they had a one dollar or something trial a good time before the free one, not too sure how long after the release that appeared though.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    Planeshift is the closest I can think of, but you may still need to be into rp for that one.  Possibly uncharted waters too(haven't checked on their cash shop in a while though).  Also not sure on what anarchy online's payment model is like now, but could also be worth checking.  Ryzom could also fit the bill(it's free to a certain level then sub), it's usually described as a sandbox wow.  There's also the like of ddo and sto, but these only don't count as p2w because they offer very little in the way of pvp(what pvp they do have is usually, definitely p2w).
  • bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297

path of exile

dofus

wakfu

warframe

you might like vindictus but u needa solid connection for that game

those are the only decent+unique+decent player base games I can think of

• AvaglaorAvaglaor Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Give a try to Dragon's Prophet, its F2P with unique gameplay. Just fix the graphic settings when u log-in and  give it some time untill lvl 20+ (its fast). Somehow their starting area is not so attractive...
  • Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Tera is a great game with a really unique and fun combat system.  It also has one of the best F2P systems (like Rift).

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

DF had like a 72 hour trial, I tried it, and hated the UI, but they did have one.  They might not have one now, if they had bot or farming problems with the old one.  They have their hands full as it is, it seems, so they may not want to mess with a trial, even if it may bring them new customers?

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130

These.

I'd stay away from DFUW. First of all, it's apparently botted like crazy. Secondly, it's full loot, so if you're looking for something with a lighter death penalty it may not be for you. Finally, I heard that their support for the game is horrible. I'd never throw down $80 on a game that has crap support. Just me though. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• LanfeaLanfea Member UncommonPosts: 223

lord of the rings online - standard mmorpg game mechanics, but development began before wow was released, so its slow playing, a bit more complex and story driven. nice community (europe) and a good payment model.

dc universe online - unique combat system, but typical quest and item grinding. f2p but with monthly fee you can ignore the cashshop. also all add-ons are included in the membership. if you are not into gear grinding its only a game for some weeks.

secret world - unique setting, some really interesting quests and stories, but also a lot of the typical mmorpg mechanics. price model is fair. same problem as dc universe online (and many many other mmogs), if you don't like gear grinding the game is over after a month.

• NudalusNudalus Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Originally posted by CrazKanuk 

I'd stay away from DFUW. First of all, it's apparently botted like crazy. Secondly, it's full loot, so if you're looking for something with a lighter death penalty it may not be for you. Finally, I heard that their support for the game is horrible. I'd never throw down $80 on a game that has crap support. Just me though. 

As someone who has played DF for years, the death penalty isn't terrible. First gear is supposed to bridge a small gap between your skill and the enemy skill, or to give people on equal skill level, a small edge.

Gear cannot be repaired, is VERY easy to come by and is quickly gained, and lost. In all honesty, it isn't that big of a deal in the grander scheme of things. It's to the point now people have such a large bank you can roam across the countryside and find random tombstones with full sets of gear on them as people can't afford the weight, so easy pickings for a lone traveler.

• SandownSandown Member UncommonPosts: 21

Try FireFall

Sci-Fi themed

Death penalty is a durability hit

F2P

http://www.firefallthegame.com/

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

DAOC

Asherons Call