Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some thoughts

HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

I have been playing this game for about 2 weeks now. It is fun however, there are a few things people should know going in.

1. It is nothing at all like a MOBA, beyond being a lobby based game.

2. The matches are 10 vs 10. Not really massive.

3. Leveling is going to take a long time, you can tweak this after level 4 with a slider bar, but it is no where near quick.

4. While not traditional p2w, there is a cash shop and you can purchase level appropriate equipment there. People that buy their equipment will be initially stronger than people that craft their stuff, however be advised at later levels it can take a FULL DAY to craft one item. And unless you buy premium you can only craft one armor or weapon at a time. It can also take days to accumulate all the mats you need. So while it is not pay to win, the people that pay will progress far faster than the free to play crowd.

This all evens out at max level where the matches get far more intense, and the pay to accelerate faster is negated by the fact that everyone will have the same gear pretty soon as you can't go any further.

The PvP at end game is something approaching mind boggling and very competitive. One mistake can cost you a match, and you will be told about it. Know this and realize that while you can pay your way to end game, you will most likely be sub standard skill wise (personal skill) and will get rolled hard in every match by the more experienced players. My advice is: take your time leveling, get there when you get there and really learn your class.

Of course Healers and Sappers are not a common sight, so if you want to play a lot, go with healer or sapper. Gunners, Zerkers, and inquisitors are a dime a dozen these classes hit hard (or fast in the case of Gunner) are death machines, and easy to play. So very popular. Tanks, and both the 'witch' classes are somewhere in the middle, and all are vital to team success.

The key to happiness and enjoyment of this game is in knowing your class. I can not stress that enough. If you jump in thinking it is like LOL, DOTA, or any other lobby pvp game etc, you are going to end up miserable. Go to the official forums and read the class guides to get started. Please.

Once I learned how to play my chosen class (sapper) the game got insanely fun. If you enjoy very competitive PvP, you might enjoy this game.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

Comments

• LittleBootLittleBoot Member Posts: 326

I tried this game and just found the battles to be a huge mess :-

1. It feels like a bad MMO BG. 
    2. There is little to no feedback from your actions (damage etc) with the effect that everyone goes windmilling into the centre until someone wins. 
    3. Melee builds seem to be at a massive advantage and it is far too easy to target ranged (who by the nature of the maps are right on top of the battle) and too difficult to defend them.  
    4. The balance in the battles I played was non-existent. 
    5. There is a vast advantage to those who pay- I won't say P2W as strictly speaking items can be crafted- but it is pretty close to it.  
    6. The battles become very samey and repetitive without any real sense of advancement.  
    On the positive side the graphics are ok.  

I might take another look at it and read up on classes as you suggest.  
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

I can't really encourage you to do so. I will say this, until around lvl 10, all my matches went just like this. Around ten the classes start to balance out a lot better and the game changes a lot.

But yeah starting out, it is a mess. Oh you get more maps as you get higher in level. Some of them are quite large.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.