Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] WildStar: Engineer and Medic Revealed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Carbine Studios is on a roll today with the revelation of not just one, but TWO, new playable classes for WildStar. We've got the inside look at both the Medic and the Engineer so keep reading!

The curtains have been pulled back, the lid has been lifted and the banner has been unfurled. After months of rumor, speculation and downright trolling, WildStar’s two remaining classes have finally been announced. There’s the Engineer: a heavily armored handyman that’s tooled up with a quartet of robots. And there’s the Medic, a medium-range but highly mobile class that brings persistent damage and high-tech healing.

Read more of Gareth Harmer's WildStar: Engineer and Medic Revealed.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• GrinnzGrinnz Member UncommonPosts: 312
    Wildstar has some entertaining videos.....
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    shocking..
  • furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Yup, love their vids.  No entirely sold on the game though, looks interesting. 
  • 4Renziks4Renziks Member UncommonPosts: 390

we knew this for months, but wtf was that medic weapon.

playing: Dragon Age
    Waiting: for FF14, Mass Effect
    Want to try: Fallen Earth

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    My question for the engineer is though if they are making the pets an integral par of the class, is Carbine going to address the issue of how pets are notoriously known for easily being killed off quickly in boss fights?
  • DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697

New classes look great. Hopefully, the engineer will perform better than in GW2.

On a side note, I wonder will there be talent trees for each class and how will they look like? I follow the game closely, but haven't been able to figure this out yet. Having 6 classes in total in not very much and not having talent trees for customization would make gameplay pretty dull.

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    iLL TRY this out becuase i try every major MMO out but I am keeping my expectations very low for this one.
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Engineer...just found my class :)
  • cybermerccybermerc Member UncommonPosts: 13
    DeniZg - Yes there are talent trees. They have talked about them during the live streams if you want more info on them.
  • DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    this MMO is on my watchlist
  • KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Can't wait to see the devspeak and livestreams for these two classes.
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by 4Renziks
    we knew this for months, but wtf was that medic weapon.

They look like amped up Defib paddles.

edit:
    Which im wrong about, Just watched the dev speak...
    http://au.ign.com/videos/2013/12/03/wildstar-medic-dev-speak

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Originally posted by Gravarg
    Engineer...just found my class :)

I wanted to not like this game, I really did.  Then I got a bit interested watching the Dev speak videos, now this.

A pet class tank...with gadgets.  So yeah I just found my class as well.  See you in game.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by DeniZg

New classes look great. Hopefully, the engineer will perform better than in GW2.

On a side note, I wonder will there be talent trees for each class and how will they look like? I follow the game closely, but haven't been able to figure this out yet. Having 6 classes in total in not very much and not having talent trees for customization would make gameplay pretty dull.

Do you know that each class has 2 different roles?  Every class is a hybrid.  There are no pure dps or heal/tank classes.  So, while we have 6 classes, its more like 12.

Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Didn't they already release this info. This is the only game where they keep "releasing" old info, or "reintroducing" classes. Interesting vid though.

There was a leak about the classes.  There were no official releases of information.  You have your info wrong.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

the eng looks fun :3 ....cant wait to try the game!!! no luck with beta :(

• BorlucBorluc Member UncommonPosts: 255
    Since the engineer has to use action slots for their bots, is it  possible to build a character without them?  
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726

Not exactly a surprise but looks good nonetheless.  Why would anyone NOT choose the engineer for endgame tanking?  Especially, in a raid driven game.  Seems like it has every advantage over warrior and stalker.  If stalker or warrior have any advantages to tanking it's not apparent yet.  At least, not to those of us who haven't tried the game yet. 

And WTF, why no Chua medic?!  Aren't they the science experts?  Could have sworn they stated both the last 2 unrevealed would be playable by Chua. 

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
    Originally posted by achesoma

Not exactly a surprise but looks good nonetheless.  Why would anyone NOT choose the engineer for endgame tanking?  Especially, in a raid driven game.  Seems like it has every advantage over warrior and stalker.  If stalker or warrior have any advantages to tanking it's not apparent yet.  At least, not to those of us who haven't tried the game yet. 

And WTF, why no Chua medic?!  Aren't they the science experts?  Could have sworn they stated both the last 2 unrevealed would be playable by Chua. 

Chua are psychopaths. Need I say more?  I can already see this game is going to need powerful rodent pest control. 

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Originally posted by Borluc

Chua are psychopaths. Need I say more?  I can already see this game is going to need powerful rodent pest control. 

That's why I would think exploding probes would be right up their....alley.  ;)

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
    Originally posted by 

That's why I would think exploding probes would be right up their....alley.  ;)

To their credit, the Chua probably designed the probes.  :-)

• Iceman8235Iceman8235 Member UncommonPosts: 205
    I like look of the medic, hopefully I'll get to try everything out in beta so I can be sure of what I want to do for release.
  • DaessarDaessar Member Posts: 204

Why would anyone NOT choose the engineer for endgame tanking?  Especially, in a raid driven game.  Seems like it has every advantage over warrior and stalker.  If stalker or warrior have any advantages to tanking it's not apparent yet.  At least, not to those of us who haven't tried the game yet. 

To be fair, someone has said this exact thing each time they did a tank class reveal, and someone also says the same thing each time they do a dps or heal class reveal. If its a new reveal...then of course it must be the best and only choice a player would make.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

biggest problem to me in this game, is the lame concept of each class gets exactly 1 type of weapon

and its a quest hub jumping game

Originally posted by Myrdynn

biggest problem to me in this game, is the lame concept of each class gets exactly 1 type of weapon

and its a quest hub jumping game

Cool Story...