Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Path of Exile: A Huge Success in Just a Month

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Grinding Gears has sent out a great newsletter chronicling the Path of Exile success since it entered into full retail release a scant month ago. Impressive statistics include over four million registered users and 250,000 unique daily players of the action RPG.

Additionally, Grinding Gear Games has given both new and old community PoE Champion Pack members the chance to support the game and receive exclusive bonuses through the purchase of all-new Supporter Packs. Thanks to the generous contributions of thousands of members of the Path of Exile community, the sales of Supporter Packs have funded a significant portion of the game's development, contributing to content and server costs throughout both the Closed and Open Betas.

These Supporter Packs offer a wide range of bonuses including Points (used for microtransactions), cosmetic item and spell effects, forum titles, alternate in-game social portraits, Path of Exile shirts/hoodies, the extended digital soundtrack, and more, with each tier containing more enticing rewards than the last.

Supporter Packs are now available for purchase in the following tiers:

• Survivor Pack: $50

• Warrior Pack: $120

• Champion Pack: $280

• Conqueror Pack: $900

Find out more about Path of Exile.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

It's a good game but to be fair those numbers have been built up over a LOT longer than a month. "Early Access" started around April 2012 where you paid $10 to get access to the game and full open beta started in January this year, 11 months ago.

But i suppose a month sounds better image

• jbombardjbombard Member UncommonPosts: 598
    Well it is a month since official release.  But the point that most of those players didn't join in the last month is valid, and I am curious how many truly new players they have gotten in the last month.  Either way, congrats to GGG for an outstanding game.  PoE is everything D3 should have been, for free and without all the money grabs of D3.
  • lucyluffy101lucyluffy101 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    path of exile is very unique game because you can use all skills and make it combo. Skills of this game is like a chemistry, combine every skill it make it cooler.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

I think it's fair to say this is a huge success regardless of how long it took fans to become fans. It's got so much of what D2 had without being just a lame copy.

If anyone liked d1 or 2 and hasn't tried this...you should.

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    The game is fun and all, but all this is is a paid advertisement thinly disguised as a news item.
  • expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Originally posted by syriinx
    The game is fun and all, but all this is is a paid advertisement thinly disguised as a news item.

Why isn't this website allowed report on good news stories or positive opinions? been happening with the recent D3: Reaper of souls and now PoE.  Come on its xmas.

• bexinhbexinh Member UncommonPosts: 69
    Not a big fan of Diablo... still thinking if i should give this game a try cuz i got nothing to play at the moment.
  • Teh_AxiTeh_Axi Member UncommonPosts: 380
    PoE might not be perfect but GGG have put so much effort and love into this game. Its grown and improved incredibly since I started CBT it puts pretty much every developer to shame, especially Blizzard.
  • fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499
    They can't be serious with the "first month" thing. The game came out more then a year ago and has barely changed since.
  • tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Player numbers in an F2P game mean nothing if it doesn't translate into money. Hope all the best to Path of Exile, though.
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Doing alot better than I expected. Was expecting the game to die due to lack of funding as happens with indie companies which make games. Glad it seems to be making profit so it still exists. Happy to see this still going and definately a game I would return to.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• spawn12345spawn12345 Member UncommonPosts: 172

Good game, good devs, too hardcore for it to be big

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Originally posted by syriinx

You mean like EVERY SINGLE NEWS ARTICLE ON THE SITE? Yes, thats what they all are. Why do you think Guildwars 2 gets so many articles? Its not them having much to really add or say, its them advertising the game by keeping it up in the news list. Pretty much all the games do this.

None the less, grats to PoE. Great game showing how you can carry on the spirit of one game and change things up in your own unique way and be greatly engaging.

• davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458
    i love this game best arpg for me
  • LlexXLlexX Member UncommonPosts: 200

I love this game because of it's complexity and freedom, even tho that i die a lot on HC and Nemesis :D

Wish all the best for GGG, they are doing an amazing job with this game, i mean the updates, fixes and new stuff getting added on a weekly basis which rarely happens with any game.

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    I really hope PoE doing good in future and show blizzard how big fail D3 is^^
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

It is an ok game, but certainly nothing to get excited about.  There are far better games to invest your time in.  If you are wasting your time with this game you are ignorant of the many better games out there.  

• MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by Arskaaa

D3: 14+million sales and climbing.

PoE: 4million in "registered users".

I simply cannot fathom a mindset that can look at those numbers and declare D3 "fail" or suggest that Blizz is going to look at PoE -- however good it may or may not be -- and think "Oh my god, they really showed us what for!".

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Originally posted by Myria
    Originally posted by Arskaaa

D3: 14+million sales and climbing.

PoE: 4million in "registered users".

I simply cannot fathom a mindset that can look at those numbers and declare D3 "fail" or suggest that Blizz is going to look at PoE -- however good it may or may not be -- and think "Oh my god, they really showed us what for!".

And just how many of those "14+ million" play instead of leaving their copy in a trash can due to how idiotic,WoW-ized and outright dumbed down D3 is? 

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• skyline385skyline385 Member Posts: 564

Good game and i know Devs are awesome but the gameplay didn't work for me.

When i move my sword, it feels nothing. Killed enemies, nothing.

D3 while dumbed down or whatever gives that feeling to me (and a lot of other people). Killing enemies is beyond satisfying in D3 which is one of the core things holding PoE back. That and also the art-style. Not the environments but the shitty armors and weapons.

Also, the fact remains that no matter how much diverse the skill tree is, it gives you mostly stats and the most optimum route seems to be HP stacking for every class.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

It is an ok game, but certainly nothing to get excited about.  There are far better games to invest your time in.  If you are wasting your time with this game you are ignorant of the many better games out there.  

The only "better games" of this genre are ancient and most of us have already played them to death. The recent ones that were any good apart from path of exile are the torchlight series., other than them you need to start going back 6 years and up.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Teh_Axi
    PoE might not be perfect but GGG have put so much effort and love into thisgame.Its grown and improved incredibly since I started CBT it puts pretty much every developer to shame, especially Blizzard.

I need to give POE a spin

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

Originally posted by skyline385
    Good game and i know Devs are awesome but the gameplay didn't work for me.When i move my sword, it feels nothing. Killed enemies, nothing.D3 while dumbed down or whatever gives that feeling to me (and a lot of other people). Killing enemies is beyond satisfying in D3 which is one of the core things holding PoE back. That and also the art-style. Not the environments but the shitty armors and weapons.Also, the fact remains that no matter how much diverse the skill tree is, it gives you mostly stats and the most optimum route seems to be HP stacking for every class.

Yep, I agree. PoE is feature rich but the gameplay is just downright boring. D3 completely nailed the combat but they need a lot of work on the rest of it. I think D3 is the better game and I say that accepting that it is heavily flawed. TL2 is a complete joke. There just aren't any good aRPG out right now.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

nothing in the arpg scene at the moment so no when it coems to arpg there are no better games to put your time into.

• dragnmastralexdragnmastralex Member UncommonPosts: 29
    it's another 2.5D cookie cutter build game that you have to farm mulitple classes in order to get the gems needed for 1 class to be able to play and HOPE you get lucky with drops to get what you need to reach high levels... no thanks this is just what the company makes... a grinding game.  No adventure, no excitment, and no reason to team up its basically a solo game where the only interaction you have with other players is to trade or find someone with the gear you need or the gems thats rare.