Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why Bonds Are Good!!!

KellthKellth Member UncommonPosts: 46

I believe bonds are good because they help players (f2p) to be able to get membership. It is also a good way to sink money out of the RS community (which is a good thing). There is billions of rsgp coming into the game everyday and bonds help to fix that problem. I explain more of my points in my video about bonds.

If you disagree with any of my points please explain to me why? Thanks you for watching!

Comments

• XxGrimmxXXxGrimmxX Member UncommonPosts: 223

In a game where your goal is to obtain as much money as possible, bonds just make the game more p2w. As far as the removal of gp from the economy, how does that work exactly? No gold is getting removed at all.

EDIT: and to go over some of the points made in the video. 

Yes f2p players can get a membership and experience that, if they want. If they can't afford the $8 then they probably weren't that interested to begin with but whatever. 

I couldn't care less where my money goes or what they do with it. The only thing that is valid in your argument here is that it's now 100% safe to buy gold in Runescape.

You say it's good to give that money to Jagex because you're supporting the game you like to play... but the normal membership does the same thing so it's independent of bonds so that point is useless.

Your 5th point makes no sense at all. To be clear, nothing is being balanced out. The money is just being shifted around.

• KellthKellth Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Originally posted by XxGrimmxX

In a game where your goal is to obtain as much money as possible, bonds just make the game more p2w. As far as the removal of gp from the economy, how does that work exactly? No gold is getting removed at all.

Yes f2p players can get a membership and experience that, if they want. If they can't afford the $8 then they probably weren't that interested to begin with but whatever. 

I couldn't care less where my money goes or what they do with it. The only thing that is valid in your argument here is that it's now 100% safe to buy gold in Runescape.

You say it's good to give that money to Jagex because you're supporting the game you like to play... but the normal membership does the same thing so it's independent of bonds so that point is useless.

Your 5th point makes no sense at all. To be clear, nothing is being balanced out. The money is just being shifted around.

"In a game where your goal is to obtain as much money as possible" That is not the goal of the game. There is no goal of the game unless you set one. To say that the goal of the game is to obtain money is like saying the goal of life is to obtain money... but no that is not true you also have to survive etc etc.

The game is not pay to win with Bonds because if you buy dragon armor at lvl 3 you still have to gain the defense levels to actually equip that armor.

Also some people cannot afford to pay $8 a month so they use the in-game money they got to purchase bonds. Just because someone cannot pay for membership does not mean that they "do no like the game" obviously since they play the game and they have played the game to earn the gold means they enjoy it. Also with bonds it lowers peoples probability to buy gold for third party websites. Which is good because when you give the gaming company that is developing the game you play and love money that will help them create new things to the game (updates etc).

Also the normal membership does do the same thing but bond is just another way to buy membership and in this case it really helps out f2ps.

My 5th point is valid in the sense that you had money laying around in your bank, now you want membership or more of it so you trade it for a bond once you do trade it you give the money to the person who obviously wanted the gold to spend it on something or why else would they buy bonds and sell them? My points are valid you just cannot look at them with a biased eye like yours. Anyway thanks for posting

• Av3NGeRAv3NGeR Member Posts: 1
    You do not make a lot of sense mate. Also, for the sake of discussion please format your text a bit.
    Originally posted by Av3NGeR
    You do not make a lot of sense mate. Also, for the sake of discussion please format your text a bit.

I am sorry that you could not understand me. My points are above if you just want to read them text wise. Anyway thanks for the formatting i will surely do that.

• XxGrimmxXXxGrimmxX Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Originally posted by Kellth

"In a game where your goal is to obtain as much money as possible" That is not the goal of the game. There is no goal of the game unless you set one. To say that the goal of the game is to obtain money is like saying the goal of life is to obtain money... but no that is not true you also have to survive etc etc.

The game is not pay to win with Bonds because if you buy dragon armor at lvl 3 you still have to gain the defense levels to actually equip that armor.

Also some people cannot afford to pay $8 a month so they use the in-game money they got to purchase bonds. Just because someone cannot pay for membership does not mean that they "do no like the game" obviously since they play the game and they have played the game to earn the gold means they enjoy it. Also with bonds it lowers peoples probability to buy gold for third party websites. Which is good because when you give the gaming company that is developing the game you play and love money that will help them create new things to the game (updates etc).

Also the normal membership does do the same thing but bond is just another way to buy membership and in this case it really helps out f2ps.

My 5th point is valid in the sense that you had money laying around in your bank, now you want membership or more of it so you trade it for a bond once you do trade it you give the money to the person who obviously wanted the gold to spend it on something or why else would they buy bonds and sell them? My points are valid you just cannot look at them with a biased eye like yours. Anyway thanks for posting

The goal of Runescape is to get your skills maxed out and to do that it takes money. Everything in the game revolves around money. You just don't sit there and kill a monster for hundreds of hours just because you like the monster, you do it to net a profit. Everyone wants a partyhat or a santa, or the best gear that's released.  So yeah, I've played Runescape for MANY years, the goal of the game is to get as much money as possible.

Well what do you think winning is in Runescape? "You aren't winning against me just because you have all higher skills and all the best armor!" You keep trying to grind away for years trying to afford a partyhat and someone will just buy one with bonds, get all the hard skills to max and you're still slaving away hoping that you get a bandos drop.

There are a lot of people who just enjoy f2p. While I agree that bonds are great for these people who want to play with a membership, I don't think this offsets the drawback of essentially giving people with money the huge advantage of owning anything in the game. For those of you that aren't familiar with Runescape, if you start now you will NOT own a coveted rare for many MANY years.

^

I have no idea what most of this means. You don't really have money lying around in Runescape. Do you have maxed out Herblore? That's going to cost you a few hundred million. Any gold you have just 'lying' around can be spent somewhere. 

To summarize, I've played Runescape for many years and Jagex has literally ruined it. A lot of people complained about EoC, that's fine. They said they wouldn't release any new rares and now it seems every few months they're coming out with a new one. Now they're releasing they're rarest rare yet, The Black Santa Hat... In the end the only thing bonds did was allow Jagex to whore themselves out for profit from all the people buying gold. I've seen things like this coming since they did the Squeal of Fortune. One guy is going for 200m xp first in Div from just buying spins, I guess that isn't P2W either right?

Originally posted by Kellth

The goal of Runescape is to get your skills maxed out and to do that it takes money. Everything in the game revolves around money. You just don't sit there and kill a monster for hundreds of hours just because you like the monster, you do it to net a profit. Everyone wants a partyhat or a santa, or the best gear that's released.  So yeah, I've played Runescape for MANY years, the goal of the game is to get as much money as possible.

Well what do you think winning is in Runescape? "You aren't winning against me just because you have all higher skills and all the best armor!" You keep trying to grind away for years trying to afford a partyhat and someone will just buy one with bonds, get all the hard skills to max and you're still slaving away hoping that you get a bandos drop.

There are a lot of people who just enjoy f2p. While I agree that bonds are great for these people who want to play with a membership, I don't think this offsets the drawback of essentially giving people with money the huge advantage of owning anything in the game. For those of you that aren't familiar with Runescape, if you start now you will NOT own a coveted rare for many MANY years.

^

I have no idea what most of this means. You don't really have money lying around in Runescape. Do you have maxed out Herblore? That's going to cost you a few hundred million. Any gold you have just 'lying' around can be spent somewhere. 

To summarize, I've played Runescape for many years and Jagex has literally ruined it. A lot of people complained about EoC, that's fine. They said they wouldn't release any new rares and now it seems every few months they're coming out with a new one. Now they're releasing they're rarest rare yet, The Black Santa Hat... In the end the only thing bonds did was allow Jagex to whore themselves out for profit from all the people buying gold. I've seen things like this coming since they did the Squeal of Fortune. One guy is going for 200m xp first in Div from just buying spins, I guess that isn't P2W either right?

The goal of runescape is not to get your skills maxed out. Some peoples goals might be to walk around and explore the world while other peoples goals might just be socializing with people and making new friends. The goal is not set in stone like i said a goal is something that you perosnaly make. 

First off the probability of someone actually buying a partyhat with bonds is normally not the case. I would say that to buy a partyhat with just bonds will cost you hundreds of dollars if not thousands. 

You say that if you start now you will not earn a rare which is not true. Many people can get a rare if they truly work at it (example: luring (although its not right its a way that many people buy rares). 

I certainly do have cash laying around because either i do not want to work for that skill or i just want to save that gold up for something else. That is true any gold you have laying around can be spent on something but that doesn't mean anything? Some people enjoy just staring at a cash stack...

I agree with you on some cases. Jagex has messed up the game we like to play. I mean they are a company just like every other company out there.... there here to make money and not to date the community. Although i wish they would put thoughts into there updates (EOC...). I mean if you look at EOC it dropped the playerbase down drastically. (To Jagex) Why spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to create a update that will drop the playerbase by about 200,000? That is just not correct in a business stand point... I know they have had bad updates like the spins, runecoins and more and we can talk about this for days but in the end there a gaming company and there here to create a profit. Anyway i have been playing since 06 and i know how you feel...

• loghorizon01loghorizon01 Member UncommonPosts: 32

My goal in Runescape is not to make in game money but to chat with people and do a bit of skills or events when anything interesting is happening.

On topic - meh, surely if you all have really played that long then you must know that RS has been pay to win since 2002 when the gold sellers started up. The bonds just made pay to win safer.

I myself have not bought anything from RS gold sellers but I know for a fact, from my many years of playing, that gold selling was an enormous business. Bonds, well they are not something I like but they aren't anything new.

Blogging here a little bit: http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/loghorizon01