Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

idiot game designers!

2»

Comments

• RabidMouthRabidMouth Member Posts: 196
    Originally posted by Traugar
    Originally posted by zasten
    Originally posted by DocBrody
    Originally posted by Po_gg

As for 72 hours of IN GAME time, it did seem a lot, but then again wow will let you play until you get to level 20, which would most likely take longer than 72 hours!

It was discussed many times before... since TSW doesn't have levels, nor gated zones, etc. they can't do "regular" trials as free to lvl20, or free in the starter zone, etc.

3 days are a nice compromise to try out the game (-> trial) and decide to buy the box or not. Not to mention if you do 30 missions during that 3 days (which can be easily done) you get +2 days trial time and some fluff.

To solve the problem all they have to do is change the way they describe the free trial. Instead of saying 72 hours, say "72 hours that's 3 days of exploring the game!"

or you could grab a calculator, divide 72 hours by 24 hours and come to the conclusion that this equals 3 (days)

True, but when you mistakenly think you have 72 hours play time, why would you divide it by any number.

"But I paid my $15 for a month of game time.  They should have clarified that it wasn't a month in-game."  

You do realize how stupid you sound with this whine thread don't you?  Games have been offering these same types of trials since around forever.  Nothing has changed.  

This. Game is like 10 dollars anyway. I still don't get why you would start a trial if you new you were going to be busy. Poor time management skills(Possibly related to your employment status).

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454

Yes, I realize it is easy to tease and ridicule the poster after he got excited about the trial.

OP, you have to understand game trials are common in MMOs and when they say 72 hrs or designate any length of time it is exactly as it says.   I don't know any game that gives you 24 hr or 72 hrs game time.  

As someone has already pointed out, the game is buy to play and really not expensive.  ON sale you can pick it up for 10 or 15 bucks. I bought it for 15 when it originally went b2p and actually havent played it since.  For me the combat is frustrating.  

If you liked what you saw in your brief experience at least give it a try. Not much to lose.  

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by strangepowers

First of all, "designers" have nothing to to with time allotment for trial periods... makes no sense.

Secondly, to blame someone else for your lack of time is illogical, especially when you claim to be unemployed.

Finally, to forgo such a great game because of your personal limitations is the equivalent of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

+1 said better then I could.

The guys complaining because he didn't get enough free stuff? Ah the entitlement crowd...

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Don't know who came up with the idea of giving 72 hours of free trial but IMO it is a huge fail!

WHY, because when I first logged in I was really busy, so could only play for about 30 minutes. Now after still being busy for several days, I can no longer log in, because the 72 hours has expired even though I was not logged in. Huge fail on their part as I was almost impressed with what I saw and was considering spending money ( being unemployed requires careful thought) but needed more time to make a judgement. Now, ALL I am interested in is removing it from my hard drive to make room for something with a more realistic idea of letting players trial something!

So, I have posted this post to anybody that may be wanting to trial the game:

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ENOUGH FREE TIME TO ACTUALLY PLAY IT FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS!!!

Most people would. Just sayin.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Originally posted by DocBrody
    Originally posted by Po_gg

As for 72 hours of IN GAME time, it did seem a lot, but then again wow will let you play until you get to level 20, which would most likely take longer than 72 hours!

It was discussed many times before... since TSW doesn't have levels, nor gated zones, etc. they can't do "regular" trials as free to lvl20, or free in the starter zone, etc.

3 days are a nice compromise to try out the game (-> trial) and decide to buy the box or not. Not to mention if you do 30 missions during that 3 days (which can be easily done) you get +2 days trial time and some fluff.

To solve the problem all they have to do is change the way they describe the free trial. Instead of saying 72 hours, say "72 hours that's 3 days of exploring the game!"

or you could grab a calculator, divide 72 hours by 24 hours and come to the conclusion that this equals 3 (days)

True, but when you mistakenly think you have 72 hours play time, why would you divide it by any number.

So you thought they actually give away free 72 hours ingame playtime worth the time of 5 different single player games? Really?

It´s 10 bucks, go buy it, stop complaining. The game price is a steal anyway.

• Hang in there OP! I'm in the same boat only older (no work for dole though here). Try to remember the OP made this thread kind of like having a chat with folks in a crowd and sometimes it takes saying something to then realize the wrongness of your thoughts. This is when you learn and move on. I'm not sure all you negative types will ever grow and learn. :)
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    No wonder the OP is unemployed. What a bad attitude. Get over it. You made a mistake and now you're mad at the company instead of yourself for misunderstanding. I haven't heard of anyone else thinking it was 3 days of play time.

This discussion has been closed.