Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eve client with steam

redtiararedtiara Member Posts: 4
hello! hope anyone can answer me.if i have eve client do i need to download another client for steam to play it with steam or can i just copy my client to steam folders?also if they are not the same plz tell me steam client size too tnx.

Comments

• redtiararedtiara Member Posts: 4
    bump (don't know if bumping is allowed in here or not sorry if it isn't)
  • Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    As I remember you can buy EVE through STEAM and then skip downloading it through STEAM. Just download the client through the official website and use the key you get to apply time to your CCP account. The reason you do this is because EVE was not well optimized to work through STEAM and would have issues with patch releases and updates requiring a full re-download. You will be fine just using the client from CCP.
  • Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

I play through steam and have had no problems with it, I think whatever issues it had were fixed.

You can log into the normal client using your steam credentials so you don't need to download the steam version unless you really like the overlay for some odd reason.

• uplink4242uplink4242 Member UncommonPosts: 258

Maybe this is too late for you but it might save other people:

DO NOT SUBSCRIBE OR PLAY EVE VIA STEAM.

It's full of problems and launching issues, it is generally outdated, you lose certain piviledges from other payment methods (no trial time added, no referral rewards), you are limited to many operations in the eve website later on (account transfers...) and it's a pain to multibox when needed. The only advantage is that it might be faster to download via steam but I don't recommend it at all.