Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blade and soul not coming to west. Ncsoft will focus on new dance MMO

2»

Comments

• Mr.KujoMr.Kujo Member Posts: 383
    Lies
  • LittleBootLittleBoot Member Posts: 326
    Originally posted by Phry
    Originally posted by darkhigh
    Sources of mine have said due to the massive delay in bringing blade and soul to a western market NCSoft has decided to skip the title . After wild start launches the next mc west project is to be a dance focused MMO.  

I'm sure people in the west would far rather play a dance MMO than blade and soul  ... not image

Welcome to the 90's

• MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699

Wait, it all makes sense now...

Ghostcrawler is leaving Blizzard to bring the long-promised Dance Studio to fruition at NCSoft!

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230
    Yes that just what we need, over weight middle aged men dancing around there apartments at 4am high on coke'a'cola and chettos & chips bust'n some moves, that's right we don't need blades and boobs just give us the dance moves, ( face palming myself as I type!)image
  • RiversdaleRiversdale Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Well this new MMO better be trinity based with healing via  the medium of interpretative dance or I'm out.
  • gothagotha Member UncommonPosts: 1,074
    I would not put this past them.  I have not even seen any updates for its release in Japan even. Really sad i was kind of looking forward to playing this for a month or so.  They also missed a really nice clear launch window.  Now if they release they are going up against some big names,  ESO especially.
  • muppetpilotmuppetpilot Member UncommonPosts: 171
    Originally posted by gotha
    I would not put this past them.  I have not even seen any updates for its release in Japan even. Really sad i was kind of looking forward to playing this for a month or so.  They also missed a really nice clear launch window.  Now if they release they are going up against some big names,  ESO especially.

Don't even worry about NCSoft or NCWest or whatever the heck they call themselves.

Blade and Soul launched in Korea some time ago and is now in open beta in China, with no IP block anymore; I myself have been playing since OB opened on the 28th.  They haven't missed any sort of launch window; the game is loaded with Eastern players and I have seen with my own two eyes tons of Western players in game.  I know I don't give a rat's behind about NCWest; their BnS English website hasn't updated in God knows how long.  Anything they claim on it about localization and all that jazz is nothing but PR-speak, the type of drivel they drone on about Gw 2 and Lord knows what else.  I don't know that much of anything NC claims is true anymore.

I say that because at some point, hopefully fairly soon, someone will release an English patch for the Cn version of BnS and at that point I will just stick with playing it.  We've been waiting an eternity for news on an English version to be released and NC has done nothing.  TenCent has done a phenomenal job with the Chinese version; even in OB, and playing across oceans, it runs like a top and is a lot of fun, period. 

And why they would be worried about ESO is beyond me, honestly.  Oriential action-based game versus ES-based semi-MMO is like apples and oranges; besides, ESO is most likely looking more for TES series fans than anything and those people are highly unlikely to play BnS even if it does release in the West some time this century (and that looks doubtful).

Point being, there are 2 Eastern versions of this game that can be played by virtually anyone here in the West.  I believe the Korean version has been at least semi-patched to English but there are differences in the Chinese version.  Still, it is wide open now and I don't think anyone with much sense or gaming experience is going to put a whole lot of faith into anything NCSoft propagates because it's probably crap.

"Why would I want to loose a religion upon my people? Religions wreck from within - Empires and individuals alike! It's all the same." - God Emperor of Dune