Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blade and soul not coming to west. Ncsoft will focus on new dance MMO

DarkHighDarkHigh Member UncommonPosts: 157
Sources of mine have said due to the massive delay in bringing blade and soul to a western market NCSoft has decided to skip the title . After wild start launches the next mc west project is to be a dance focused MMO.  

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by darkhigh
    Sources of mine have said due to the massive delay in bringing blade and soul to a western market NCSoft has decided to skip the title . After wild start launches the next mc west project is to be a dance focused MMO.  

I'm sure people in the west would far rather play a dance MMO than blade and soul  ... not image

• HanthosHanthos Member UncommonPosts: 242
    Wow... Lemme break out my Polyester Plate and we'll party...
  • MawneeMawnee Member UncommonPosts: 245
    Will this dance MMO be P2W ? o.0
  • KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

"Sources of mine"....

lol.

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    If there's one activity that comes to mind when thinking of MMO gamers, it's DANCING.
  • cnutempcnutemp Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Sources of mine 

Sources of mine said you are a russian spy trying to sow discord in the USA mmorpg market.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Link or it didn't happen.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• DarkHighDarkHigh Member UncommonPosts: 157
    Side Note: Maybe it has full loot pvp?
  • Temujin99Temujin99 Member UncommonPosts: 12

From http://us.bladeandsoul.com/en/faq/

Will there be a development team in the West to support Blade & Soul?

We are eagerly working to bring this acclaimed title to Western gamers, and we will launch it when we are confident it is ready.

How much will Blade & Soul cost? Will there be a subscription fee, or will Blade & Soul utilize the microtransaction business model?

<div active"="">
    As the launch date draws nearer, we will have more information to share on price and business models. However NCSOFT is actively evaluating what gaming fans in Europe and the United States want, and we are committed to creating a business model that will meet our fans' expectations.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    For a dance mmo to be legit it needs to be a subscription mmo. Ahh this joke can go on forever.
    Look at the last time the US BnS site was updated.... ya it's not coming to the US.
  • SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    That's ...crazy

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    We need a better dance game, and an MMo would be a good step! I hope they have better controls over detecting movement so breakdancing can be done and I can wrack up points schooling some peeps.
  • PicchuPicchu Member UncommonPosts: 20

Lovebeat has already been released in English. I doubt that NCsoft would want to have two versions out at the same time. 

http://www.gamengame.com/games/online-game-media.asp?online-game-no=75

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

I was about to dismiss this as a stupid rumor...

Then I remembered just how incompetently nc had handled bringing it's Korean games to the western market in the past...

100% believe it now...

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Look at the last time the US BnS site was updated.... ya it's not coming to the US.

Is this one of those threads where you keep making stuff up and hope something sticks?

Well to be honest this has bit of truth to it, at least when you look at that website. It hasn't been updated since last December and the lead content designer listed there has been working for Riot for the past 10 months.

• barasawabarasawa Member UncommonPosts: 618
    Originally posted by Holophonist
    If there's one activity that comes to mind when thinking of MMO gamers, it's DANCING.

Country Line Dance Dance Revolution. :p

Lost my mind, now trying to lose yours...

• barasawabarasawa Member UncommonPosts: 618
    Originally posted by djazzy

Is this one of those threads where you keep making stuff up and hope something sticks?

Well to be honest this has bit of truth to it, at least when you look at that website. It hasn't been updated since last December and the lead content designer listed there has been working for Riot for the past 10 months.

Maybe the problem is their webmaster had a psychotic break and is finding it difficult to update the pages when wearing the hug-yourself-all-day-long jacket. That and the no cords, wires, or shoelaces thing.

:p

Lost my mind, now trying to lose yours...

• MawneeMawnee Member UncommonPosts: 245
    Originally posted by Mawnee
    Will this dance MMO be P2W ? o.0

I'll only play the game if it has a sub that costs at least $25 a month to weed out the kids and gold farmers. image

LMAO I just got a mental image of a dance MMO gold farmer business. Warehouse full of asians dancing thier asses off all day. Talk about a sweat shop.

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395

This is pretty funny, true or not. 

It being NCSoft, whichever one they bring out (or both), they'll kill.   They'll need an accounting credit some quarter, or they'll get peeved at one of the developers, or a new boardmember will want to whizz on things to mark his new territory.  

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029

these days there are so fiew "good" mmo games coming out I think they will be able to charge what they want for the games.

I will pay relucktintley.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Why would they compete against Wildstar,a game that appears to be MUCH more popular over here.Sad thing is Blade was using a superior game engine but like so many others,they did not put the effort into the game.Wildstar is using a pile of junk engine,typical of former Blizzard staff,decent game design/content but again a half ass effort that could have gone much further.

I don't want to look at textures that have been done better 20 years ago,i don't want to see cartoon graphics,i like to have at least a decent sense of seriousness in my game but yes some comical or offbeat presentation is ok.

Dance game?Well seems to be a small trend going that direction and has shown tidbits in the past.Wow copied the emote dance from Alize Jacotey,FFXi introduced the Dancer class with emotes and almost every game has tons of players doing dance emotes,so i would hardly mock it,although it is definitely not my cup of tea.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• BatCakezBatCakez Member Posts: 127
    You may not be aware, but cartoon graphics age far better than 'real' ones. Why do you think WoW lasted so many years? And.. for all the fantasy elements, you're more likely to expand your horizon of possibilities with a cartoon look, than something that is too close to realism.
  • Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301
    This thread is totally legit.  Sources of mine have told me that we actually have 2 suns.  The other sun is always on the other side of the planet though.....where my sources are.