Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New player with a few questions..(UPDATED - 10 days afterwards)

tristanryantristanryan Member Posts: 233

The game released today and i got a few hours in. It seems pretty fun so far.

Im really wanting to know in general what these types of games are about? I know there is crafting and pvp. Is it basically a dungeon crawler game with pvp??

Any beta testers able to enlighten others who might not have played games like this before? Im very interested!

Comments

• SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560

I put in mostly the whole day today.  It feels like it will be focused more on questing, exploration, and crafting.  I like the pace.  You don't feel a rush.  It's a nice little escape.  I like the music, although a little repetitive; it is kind of Conan-ish.  I like that you get higher-percent xp in groups.  It's not too difficult or easy.  For the point-to-move interface, I'm surprised how normal combat feels.  I like the feel of the map.

The game feels hand-made and thought out.  It's the antithesis to a game like Alfheim Tales Online, which is asian glitz and bright colors, auto-path, auto-fight, etc.   It's the perfect  mmorpg break I need between BF4 and Minecraft.  Not much for strategy, but it's comfortable and fun.  I'm willing to give Eldevin a cautious early devotion, and we'll see how it plays out.

They say it all here: https://www.huntedcow.com/game/eldevin

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• EuphoricNEuphoricN Member Posts: 6

The guy who posted above is very much correct, but theres much more too the game.

For the early days you will be questing/grinding but as you level you will unlock loads of different instance scenarios, gain access to world bosses for some sweet loot, unlock new area scenarios (waves of mobs), be able to progress in the trial of champions (a wave based minigame). Reaching end-game there will be/is many pvp scenarios and some great pve. The end-game is still currently being added, and it will be consistently expanded through future updates.

So no the game isn't all about quests/professions, it is hugely combat based in both pve and pvp, but the great thing about Eldevin is that all aspects are fine-tuned so that a player can define themselves as an achievement hunter, profession master, PvE orientated, PvP orientated.. and much more.

The guilds feature is yet to be added aswell. :)

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

I am trying to play, but all I get is "connecting to server". Is there a trick I'm missing?

edit: Got it. Firewall

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• AnslemAnslem Member CommonPosts: 215
    any Housing at all?

Played: Ultima Online - DaoC - WoW -

• zastenzasten Member Posts: 283

What is with the broken quest system!

I just went in to some cave and on going down to the third level I killed a goblin which it says I am supposed to kill in order to go up another ladder. Problem is no matter how many times I kill any goblin it will not let me go up the ladder. Instead it tells me that I must kill the goblin first!

Very poor game play when it is broken on day one!

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

So you played an MMO that was launched 2 days ago and found a broken quest?

Stop the press!

I would be more worried if the game was still broken (if you can call it broken because one quest is broken) after 1 year from launch.

Originally posted by tom_gore

Stop the press!

I would be more worried if the game was still broken (if you can call it broken because one quest is broken) after 1 year from launch.

This particular quest has me trapped!

There is no way to proceed until I finish it and no way to finish it!

So, YES, imo, it is reason to be concerned.

If I could simply move on to do other stuff in the game it would not annoy me, but being stuck because of a game bug, would that not give cause for concern!

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012
    Originally posted by zasten

I just went in to some cave and on going down to the third level I killed a goblin which it says I am supposed to kill in order to go up another ladder. Problem is no matter how many times I kill any goblin it will not let me go up the ladder. Instead it tells me that I must kill the goblin first!

Had no issues did you go round to the actual boss the one you have to go through the doors to kill ? Or did you kill the blue goblin at the start of the zone? I am talking the big one to the right of the ladders you go up.

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012
    Originally posted by tom_gore

Stop the press!

This particular quest has me trapped!

There is no way to proceed until I finish it and no way to finish it!

So, YES, imo, it is reason to be concerned.

If I could simply move on to do other stuff in the game it would not annoy me, but being stuck because of a game bug, would that not give cause for concern!

Also you have 5 teleport scrolls given to you before the quest.

• HCS-RadnetoHCS-Radneto Member Posts: 64

Hey!

We've not had any issue with this quest, if you could submit a ticket with your character name we can get this fixed for you ASAP. 

https://www.huntedcow.com/support/

Currently working around the clock on Eldevin

Originally posted by Woopin

Had no issues did you go round to the actual boss the one you have to go through the doors to kill ? Or did you kill the blue goblin at the start of the zone? I am talking the big one to the right of the ladders you go up.

Yes, I have killed the one to the right. I have killed everything in all accessible places in the cave.

I have even exited and re-entered the game a couple of times but still broken!

Originally posted by HCS-Radneto

Hey!

We've not had any issue with this quest, if you could submit a ticket with your character name we can get this fixed for you ASAP. 

https://www.huntedcow.com/support/

I tried that, it will not let me create the ticket!

I selected game bugs in the drop down box that lets you specify the problem type. And it said that the problem is already being look at. Not sure how the specific problem I have can be, being looked at when I did not get a chance to say what the problem was because it redirected me to the forums!

PATHETIC!!!

• RojiinRojiin Member Posts: 51
    You have to go back out and give the supplies to the merchant.  The merchant will then send you back in to find his wife, and she will ask you to kill the hobgoblin.  The ladders are just there for faster travel;  you can go back out the same way you came in.  I thought it was broken as well at first , but  its not they just expect you to turn in the first quest before going deeper into the cave.
  • HeafstaggHeafstagg Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Originally posted by Woopin

Yes, I have killed the one to the right. I have killed everything in all accessible places in the cave.

I have even exited and re-entered the game a couple of times but still broken!

I had the same issue, but I bet you are doing what I did. Not reading the quest properly. D id you get the goblin stash from the first level first? Also, after that, you have to do another quest in between that. Killing the hobgoblin is the last part of the quest chain. I felt pretty stupid afterwards hehe. I was getting mad myself thinking that the quest was broken. Worked out perfectly fine once I read everything and went through it properly.

This may well end up as a good game but at present is just crap!

I decided to use a scroll to exit the hobgoblin cave, which I should not have had to do.

Then I moved on to a prison and then the guard tower, which requires that you are in a party. I did manage to get in to a party but then the other player must have been a total noob, because they never entered the instance with me. I did kill the first monster solo but then got booted because I was not in a party. Fair enough if you do not have a chance but when you can easily defeat the monsters why are hell are you kicked out!

Going to stick with gw2 a bit longer, yes it has faults as well but not as bad as this game!!!

Again, I want to say that this may well end up as a good game but at present is just crap, with the emphasis on good!

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614

I decided to use a scroll to exit the hobgoblin cave, which I should not have had to do.

Then I moved on to a prison and then the guard tower, which requires that you are in a party. I did manage to get in to a party but then the other player must have been a total noob, because they never entered the instance with me. I did kill the first monster solo but then got booted because I was not in a party. Fair enough if you do not have a chance but when you can easily defeat the monsters why are hell are you kicked out!

Going to stick with gw2 a bit longer, yes it has faults as well but not as bad as this game!!!

Again, I want to say that this may well end up as a good game but at present is just crap, with the emphasis on good!

lol - dude after reading your posts on this thread I definitely think it's a you problem and not a game problem.  The entire quest you've been blaming for being broken isn't at all I just did it tonight, but you have to do it in 3 different stages and certain ladders become useable after you complete each part of the quest.

• tristanryantristanryan Member Posts: 233

Just wanted to chime back in and say I'm still playing and really enjoy the game.

Hope you guys are enjoying it as well.

• PhelimReaghPhelimReagh Member UncommonPosts: 682

I think you might have skipped an earlier part/ stage of the quest which probably needs completing. But yeah, there are scrolls to get you out, and you should also be able to leave the way you came in.