Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I hope that ESO isn't/doesn't....

13»

Comments

• pmaurapmaura Member UncommonPosts: 530
    Think of this game.as gw2 mixed with swtor in tamriel.
  • zimikezimike Member UncommonPosts: 160
    Originally posted by Amana
    Guys, the game is under NDA. We know it can be frustrating, but mentioning that you're in beta/you played/your opinions, etc are still not allowed just yet. And yes, things like 'I can't say much.....but the sky is green' still count. Can't just dance around it.

No problem. Can those not in beta discuss what they have been told by others in beta? I mean those not in beta did not agree to the NDA, so there is no legal binding.

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Originally posted by zimike
    Originally posted by Amana
    Guys, the game is under NDA. We know it can be frustrating, but mentioning that you're in beta/you played/your opinions, etc are still not allowed just yet. And yes, things like 'I can't say much.....but the sky is green' still count. Can't just dance around it.

No problem. Can those not in beta discuss what they have been told by others in beta? I mean those not in beta did not agree to the NDA, so there is no legal binding.

No.  It's their site.  They can restrict whatever NDA talk they want.  Whether it's first hand or not.  This isn't about protecting the people breaking it.  It's about keeping that information off their site.  

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by Amjoco

Time will tell! No matter what, I hope it isn't a WoW clone.

edit: not that WoW is bad! I just want something different!

Not sure if this is possible, Wow have set standards, not for sake of standards but because all is best.

• LethalBurstLethalBurst Member UncommonPosts: 367
    It's pretty much exactly what I expected from an Elder Scrolls MMO, which, to me, is a very good thing. It's the first Elder Scrolls game that I may actually play for a great deal of time.
  • h3llryuh3llryu Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Originally posted by Destai
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    I hope people don't bring a truckload of expectations and just play the game as it is. It's doubtful, but reading the fallout is always fun.

That's a very tough thing to expect, especially with such a beloved and established IP. You have to consider that many players are coming to this game having played the series for 10+ years. In some sense, Zenimax is banking on that affection, and in doing so have obligated themselves to satiate at least some of those expectations. 

As for myself, I've played the series since Morrowind and have longed to explore the whole of Tamriel. From what I've played so far, it's a good game. However, I am concerned about content not being there at launch - like historic zones. The faction lock is another deterrent. I think those things can be overcome, but this game has uphill climb to win people over. 

I agree, I played it and it does seem that it might lack content at launch, but they do have a whole 4 months to add some decent content. I just wish I can go into certain areas by myself and not have to fight for a kill or worry some of my Dragonknight brethren "Fiery Reach" my kill away every time.

We are all puppets in a fancy show, the trick is to seize the ropes that bind us, and become the puppeteer image

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by cronius77
    Originally posted by thestorytell

It's funny how people like to define their taste mostly over what they dislike. ^^

So I try the opposite: I hope ESO will take the features from Oblivion and Skyrim that made these games such a huge success and I also hope they sell the game and take a sub.

the things that make both of those games so good isnt the game itself its the mods that creative players come up with. For example I find skyrim completely dull and boring without adding in realism mods like hypothermia deadly combat realistic needs and diseases and Skyui because skyrims interface is floaty and just sucks. Same with oblivion... ESO will never be able to achieve what makes those games great because they are designed for the single player experience and not having to cater to multiplayer. I can say though haters saying this is a wow clone are as wrong as they can get on this forum and just blowing smoke out their asses and havent touched a beta. This game is FAR and i mean FAR from being a wow clone. Id compare it much closer to neverwinter if I had to classify it without the terrible cash shop but anyone viewing a video of actual game play and not just running their normal traps here would easily see. Also graphics being dated others have said , not true its a beautiful game and plays smoothly. I am a sandbox player mostly nowadays and I do not think it will be something I play long but so many here putting out just utter nonsense is hilarious and should be taken completely with a grain of salt.

I've never played any TES game with anything but graphics enhancements/improvements to environment or characters and I've enjoyed them immensely. I actually started playing through Morrowind again, using only the Overhaul mod to "pretty it up" (I've played through multiple times on vanilla graphics, so I figure the upgrade is a nice change :p). The gameplay, however, remains the same. To me, add-ons that alter gameplay, or add new content are more like playing an "extended" version of the game. So, I would take exception with your statement that the only thing making those games good is player-made add-ons. The add-ons are a sorta "Morrowind ++" or "Skyrim ++" to me; additions or enhancements to already fun games.

I agree completely with the rest of your post. There's a lot of very generic, canned stuff being thrown around about this game from people who are either clearly uninformed, or are deliberately trying to spread misinformation about the game to turn people away from it. Not everyone is doing this, of course, but many are, and they're very obvious about it.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Originally posted by TangentPoint

I've never played any TES game with anything but graphics enhancements/improvements to environment or characters and I've enjoyed them immensely. I actually started playing through Morrowind again, using only the Overhaul mod to "pretty it up" (I've played through multiple times on vanilla graphics, so I figure the upgrade is a nice change :p). The gameplay, however, remains the same. To me, add-ons that alter gameplay, or add new content are more like playing an "extended" version of the game.

I''m with you on that one. Other than the graphical overhaul for morrowind and some armor and a few adventure mods for skyrim/Oblviib, the game play is still the same with or without mods. Oh sure, some might make them more hardcore or some might add some immersions bits but it's still the same game.

The only mods that I find essential are, sadly, the bug fixing mods or the mods that fix that weird interface in Skyrim (someone said "floaty" and that could be about right").

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    Originally posted by TangentPoint

I've never played any TES game with anything but graphics enhancements/improvements to environment or characters and I've enjoyed them immensely. I actually started playing through Morrowind again, using only the Overhaul mod to "pretty it up" (I've played through multiple times on vanilla graphics, so I figure the upgrade is a nice change :p). The gameplay, however, remains the same. To me, add-ons that alter gameplay, or add new content are more like playing an "extended" version of the game.

I''m with you on that one. Other than the graphical overhaul for morrowind and some armor and a few adventure mods, the game play is still the same with or without mods. Oh sure, some might make them more hardcore or some might add some immersions bits but it's still the same game.

The only mods that I find essential are, sadly, the bug fixing mods or the mods that fix that weird interface in Skyrim (someone said "floaty" and that could be about right").

Yeah, the interface in Skyrim I could take or leave. I don't hate it. I don't love it, either, though.

• asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645
    Originally posted by jtcgs
    Originally posted by asrlohz
    Originally posted by jtcgs

2. The Empire was attacked only ONCE from the time of assassination of the last protector of the Empire until the time of Syptim and that attack was stopped at Marrowind, never reaching the Empires lands.

3. Syptim is the one that attacks the Empire and unifies the lands.

Hi! Just wanted to completely invalidate everything you just wrote! The links will be posted below, yay!

First of, it's spelled 'Septim', and the game is set in an empty timezone. There was no lore in that space. And if you had any idea of the lore you'd know that the Septim Dynasty didn't even exist until almost 500 years after the period in time that TES:O is set in.

My 5 year old has better reading skills than you...no wonder you are so clueless.

As for the timeline being empty, it was NOT completely empty, it was partly chronicled in Marrowind as part of the backstory to explain why the aldmeri hated the empire, how there was an aldmeri dominion and how their invasion was stopped at Marrowind.

You really know little about TES...guess maybe this IS the game for you afterall.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Second_Era

With in depth information on who Chorak was, his assassination, the year and how it remained until SEPTIM took over...still showing that TESO is breaking form Lore by allowing the Empire to be attacked, taken over and crowning a new emperor!

EDITED TO ADD "Hi! Just wanted to completely invalidate everything you just wrote! The links will be posted below, yay!"

amidoinitrite?

Actually, TESO isn't set throughout the whole second era. It is set after the Akaviri potentate which ended after Morag Tong, as well as the dark brotherhood, assassinated the Tsaesci upon the throne. If you had any idea of the TES Lore except from a quick google search you'd know that it's over 100 years between what you linked me and what I was speaking of, that being TESO.

No other lore has been written after that until the interregnum began. TESO is set in the year following this, specifically the year 583 in the Second Era, after all of that 2E lore you linked me had happened. So, allow me to repeat myself:

"Hi! Just wanted to completely invalidate everything you just wrote! The links will be posted below, yay!"

Also, it's spelled "Morrowind", not "Marrowind".

EDIT: It's been two days now. Either you ran away or you had a real life to take care of. Evidently, I was not given the benefit of a doubt. Very big of you.

• BoonshniggleBoonshniggle Member Posts: 48

Think the game, unfortunately for itself, is going to be compared in people's minds to 2 things:

1st - Players will compare it to other single player Elder Scrolls games.

2nd - Players will compare it to other MMOs

Pretty sure it will fall short on both comparisons while trying to please both of those players, IMO.

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Originally posted by Boonshniggle

Think the game, unfortunately for itself, is going to be compared in people's minds to 2 things:

1st - Players will compare it to other single player Elder Scrolls games.

2nd - Players will compare it to other MMOs

Pretty sure it will fall short on both comparisons while trying to please both of those players, IMO.

It is already happening, even in discussion over the game officially announced design/features. I've seen a MMOer claims that a classless MMO can't be made not long ago in one of these TES vs MMO argument (i.e. single player TES are classless and some fans aren't happy with TESO having classes). Just to show how much some MMO and TES wish the game to change. Oneone side they want a classless system like the TES single player games and on the other they would like something more rigid than what the game currently offer.

ZOS will have to choose a side at some point.