Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OK I'm a sucker - the boob ads work - are there any decent ones though?

Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550

Every time I download one of these games running the boob ads I always find a barely playable grindfest with all roads leading to the item mall.  Is there any halfway decent games or should I just automatically assume eye candy means bad game?

Also, I've never actually gotten to see the half naked woman in the game :( I guess I just never got that far in the 'content' :(

Are they all so bad?

Comments

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Age of Conan and Tera are pretty good.. Not amazing but good.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    I'll second Age of Conan. image

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

Some of them are just flat out false advertising :) That wartune game had an ad saying male gamers only and some chick wearing next to nothing...so obviously I had to go look. The graphics are like some bad 70s cartoon and the combat looked like it was right out of the first heroes of might and magic game. I laughed...and then didn't DL it.

Scarlet blade is kind of a funny game. One of the guys in my guild plays the game all the time, does raids etc etc. I DL'd it and made it past the character creation, and while the visuals where.....funny, the game play wasn't really "good" enough to keep playing ( imo ) that and my wife wouldn't let me buy the naked patch!  :)

TERA is the only one I've played that has all the sexy anime style armor and game play I enjoy. It has it's flaws but it's worth trying and does have a great f2p model ( probably the best ) Lots of cosmetic items that people buy to support the game and nothing that ever really forces you into the shop.

• Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550
    I tried scarlet blade, it's like the poster child of what im saying.
  • RPGForeverRPGForever Member UncommonPosts: 131
    The only games I have ever played and enjoyed never displayed a single ad. Weird.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by RPGForever
    The only games I have ever played and enjoyed never displayed a single ad. Weird.

What games have never advertised?

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    Originally posted by RPGForever

What games have never advertised?

You wouldn't have heard about it.     :)

Seriously though, Try Tera. The gameplay is fun if you enjoy action combat, no tab targeting. The down side is that the quests are simplistic which makes them repetitive but the underlying story is fairly good and the world is huge, seemless and beautiful. The F2P model is also pretty good. Is it grindy, sure but that is probably because it's base design is in the vein of most Asian games. But it is not bad either. Leveling up doesn't take so very long.

All die, so die well.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373

If you haven't played age of conan, you should. If you have, there are some adult themed oriented games out there.

• AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    Originally posted by DamonVile

Some of them are just flat out false advertising :)

The games or the bewbs?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • DewulfDewulf Member UncommonPosts: 139
    Age of Conan has nude boobs
  • GhabboGhabbo Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Originally posted by Antiquated
    Originally posted by DamonVile

Some of them are just flat out false advertising :)

The games or the bewbs?

+1 image

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

If I remember correctly, AOC has a female demon that's absolutely wicked.  Other than her, I didn't much care for the character art.  I think the texturing just feels a bit off.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by ZombieKen

If I remember correctly, AOC has a female demon that's absolutely wicked.  Other than her, I didn't much care for the character art.  I think the texturing just feels a bit off.

It feels off ? like a big bag of sand ?

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

oh the goodness of Age of Conan

AND they actually have a very fair F2P system

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Originally posted by DocBrody

oh the goodness of Age of Conan

AND they actually have a very fair F2P system

The only F2P games that are even half way reasonable are the ones that USED to be sub games.  Its because the game was not originally designed around the cash shop.  Any game that launches day one as a F2P is a lost cause.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by Abuz0r
    I tried scarlet blade, it's like the poster child of what im saying.

Tell me about it... ^^ I made it to level 15 (just to see what the next armor looked like ^^) before I uninstalled it.  The jiggle physics are nice, but the game itself is nothing worth bothering with.  Its the usual pointless grind fest that we've come to expect from certain sections of the Dev community.  Even the combat system itself is generic.

If you want eye candy and a better than average action combat system, try TERA. I have four 60's (lancer,zerker, warrior, slayer) all Casti females. ^^  But the end game is pretty much the same endless gear grind that you find in most other games.

http://variancetera.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/tera-castanic-female-armorarchetypes.jpg

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."