Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tired of bull...I have questions ?

page975page975 Member Posts: 312

This is not bashing or tolling Wildstar, I honestly don't no. My questions are general questions that I have to ask for any up coming release.....They are questions that seem to be hidden until Open bata for all mmos as of the last few years, so you may not be able to help.

We all know Wildstar looks fun......How do we know that ?......Developers are telling us !.....But is it ?

I like to use caution when selecting my mmos. Years ago I was good at it. That went out the door with Warhammer. That mmo changes the industry on how developers and publishers go about marketing. They learned how to hide stuff such as fun !  Remember that Paul guy ?...he can make a Baked Potato seem like the greatest food on the planet.  He ended up just being an actor that seemed to disappear after the release of one of the most boring mmos ever made. But I'm not here to talk about Warhammer. I would like to get around marketing hype and find out about Wildstar.

So here are some questions :

- Will this be an mmo ? I would really like to count on a friends list and a Guild. In FF14 I belonged to a very professional guild and never had to rely on them for my 40 levels of solo play.

- Will dynamic events kill any sense of community ?

- Will I have a personal story line to cut me off from the community ?

- Will mobs monsters and villains be spawned every two feet from each other, yet so week that all you have to do is just keep moving your toon around and you would be ok ? This action kind of kills any immersion. It seems like you have to be in a town anymore just to think. Developers seem to like because they can keep zones extremely small, and give the illusion of constant action.....I call it irritating.

- Will we be queuing for all dungeons because its the easy softer way and blowing off our guilds ?

- Will content be hard ?....Remember the word strategy ?.....I almost forgot how to use it.

- Leveling speed ?....Everyone thinks developers make leveling speed fast for the kids. Thats not it !! It's to give us less content. Old school, you would be level 36 for two days now its about an hour. Level 6 is ten minutes.

- Now my biggest question of all !.....WILL I GET TWO YEARS OF CONTENT, OR 30 DAYS ?......FF14 gave us less than 20 days of fun. Some squeezed 60 by using crafting as a filler. " hay your not crafting, you don't know how to play this game, you must be an idiot '.

Comments

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402

Because I have nothing else to do, lets try to answer these!

- Will this be an mmo ? I would really like to count on a friends list and a Guild. In FF14 I belonged to a very professional guild and never had to rely on them for my 40 levels of solo play.

The game is supposed to offer both solo and group content for all levels (even endgame, apparently).  If you want to group there is content (and reward with the Renown system) for you, if you want to solo there is content for you too. There is one thing where you will need other players if you want to access it: any content linked to the Paths system, especially scientist and explorer.  If you want to have access to things only available to explorers or scientists you'll have to group with one of them. Settlers just create things for everyone and Soldiers just kills stuff...

Going by my GW2/FFXIV experience, dynamic events brings people together, even if it is for a few minutes. Seems like a community building tool to me. Of course, if nobody talks, they won't start to talk because of a dynamic event...

hmm. No idea. I remember them mentioning something that sounded like phasing about zone changing when you revisit them, but I don't know if this is story related or just level related or if I misunderstood what they meant...

- Will mobs monsters and villains be spawned every two feet from each other, yet so week that all you have to do is just keep moving your toon around and you would be ok ? This action kind of kills any immersion. It seems like you have to be in a town anymore just to think. Developers seem to like because they can keep zones extremely small, and give the illusion of constant action.....I call it irritating.

Not sure what to answer here, maybe watch the Warrior stream?  Or maybe not because they especially run into areas full of mobs to show the combat in it.

- Will we be queuing for all dungeons because its the easy softer way and blowing off our guilds ?

No idea.

- Will content be hard ?....Remember the word strategy ?.....I almost forgot how to use it.

Hard and easy is a personal concept, so that can't be answered without playing the game.

- Leveling speed ?....Everyone thinks developers make leveling speed fast for the kids. Thats not it !! It's to give us less content. Old school, you would be level 36 for two days now its about an hour. Level 6 is ten minutes.

Leveling speed can't be answered without playing the game. I don,t even know the level cap actually...

- Now my biggest question of all !.....WILL I GET TWO YEARS OF CONTENT, OR 30 DAYS ?......FF14 gave us less than 20 days of fun. Some squeezed 60 by using crafting as a filler. " hay your not crafting, you don't know how to play this game, you must be an idiot '.

That too can't be answered before playing the game and seeing all it has to offer and how long it take to do them.

• NorewonNorewon Member UncommonPosts: 100

Will this be an mmo ?

Yes this will be an MMO

Will dynamic events kill any sense of community ?

Personal opinion here but I feel like dynamic events bring a closer community. Remember there are alot of the vanilla WoW devs who brought AQ event creating wildstar

Will I have a personal story line to cut me off from the community ?

Each player will have a storyline ( not SWTOR type ) but you will also have cross play with other players and will get better rewards if you group with players. Its your choice if you want to cut yourself off from the commuinity

Will mobs monsters and villains be spawned every two feet from each other, yet so week that all you have to do is just keep moving your toon around and you would be ok ?

Watch the live streams, there is plenty of space and in the last live stream it showed that mobs actually attack each other. But its not like SWTOR where you have a group of 4-6 mobs every 5 feet. Plus Wildstar is going to have 3 continents with some off world astriod zones. http://imgur.com/a/EKcCq#vtgSzj5 there is a pic of a zone and a continent here to give you a feel for the size.

Will we be queuing for all dungeons because its the easy softer way and blowing off our guilds ?

There is a dungon finder but NO raid finder. Raids are 20/40 man, again your choice of wanting to blow off your guild

Will content be hard ?....Remember the word strategy ?.....I almost forgot how to use it.

That sucks for you :) . Devs have said that raids will be catered to the more Hardcore progression guilds. They want competition for progression raids. Each raid is designed for 1 raid size; you won't be running the same content with two different-sized raid groups. That is, a 40-man raid is a totally different map/content/zone than a 20-man raid. Also raids will be changing each week and boss fights will add different mechanics or adds with each change. But now its time to stop being lazy and do your own research here :) http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/632/feature/7885/Ready-to-Raid.html

Have fun :)

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    This game does show some promise.image

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

With the two above responses.

Even with the well worded, professional answers.  Each question can still be a game breaker as most mmos are built that way anymore.

1) I guess we could not expect a true answer until release or at least open bata ( developers still have full control of our perception ).

2) Most importantly is, WILL THE GAME ONLY HAVE 30 DAYS OF CONTENT.  I hope not !!

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Originally posted by page975

This is not bashing or tolling Wildstar, I honestly don't no. My questions are general questions that I have to ask for any up coming release.....They are questions that seem to be hidden until Open bata for all mmos as of the last few years, so you may not be able to help.

We all know Wildstar looks fun......How do we know that ?......Developers are telling us !.....But is it ?

Just to clarify, at PAX Prime and NYCC they actually had players/community members at the booth with them to give the view from the other side. Yes, I was one of them). It's not just devs talking about the game anymore but I completely get it - every day devs and marketing people promise the moon only to deliver garbage.

I like to use caution when selecting my mmos. Years ago I was good at it. That went out the door with Warhammer. That mmo changes the industry on how developers and publishers go about marketing. They learned how to hide stuff such as fun !  Remember that Paul guy ?...he can make a Baked Potato seem like the greatest food on the planet.  He ended up just being an actor that seemed to disappear after the release of one of the most boring mmos ever made. But I'm not here to talk about Warhammer. I would like to get around marketing hype and find out about Wildstar.

I still feel the pain of the disaster that was WAR. I was ready to sell my soul for that game and learned to be much more critical and skeptical. I share your feelings on this one! Led Zepplin? Heh, right.

So here are some questions :

This was my very first question. So many newer games have abandoned aspects that have made MMO's "Massively Multiplayer".  Statistics show that 60% of MMO gamers enjoy solo play, WildStar has plenty of content for that player. The leveling process (excluding dungeons, elite mobs) won't require grouping - although expect a lot of dying since it's no walk-in-the park outside of the tutorial areas. Grouping while leveling will happen a lot.  Other than that, I can't really say how much grouping will be required since I've only played in two zones.

Here's where some new MMO's have thrown the baby out with the bathwater. There's nothing wrong with dynamic events, but abandoning quests altogether is a huge mistake. WildStar didn't abandon questing, but does have some scaling dynamic events. Don't expect them to be bombarding you every 2 minutes.

Players will have an episodic storylines (not everybody raids or PvP's). I haven't seen where a quest chain takes a player to a solo instance yet. I can't say for sure it will be a thing or not. 

I played Crimson Isle (level 3 Dominion zone) and Whitevale (level 20 contested). Both zones were HUGE, but the mob density depended on where you were. I got into some trouble and ended up kiting 10-15 bad guys all the way back to the main road. 

Yeah, dunegon finder is another modern invention I'm not thrilled with. Yep, it's in there (there is an option to choose "my sever only" groups). There is no raid finder though, so guilds will be required for raids.

Did not get to play any dungeons/raids at conventions. Open world combat required me to pay attention, that's for sure. I'm sure they're still tuning stuff so all I have is what they've said at this point.

They haven't said much about leveling speed except (at PAX Prime, I think) they said that they weren't going to artificialy bloat leveling content to slow hardcore players down. From what I understand they're still working on leveling speed. Apparently there is a crap ton of stuff that starts at max level, but again - only have their word to go on since I haven't seen it yet.

Can't really answer this one, but man I'm sure hoping so. I'm tired of game hopping.

Not sure how much help my answers were, but I gave it a shot.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• NagelRitterNagelRitter Member Posts: 607

Dunno, I can't say that I feel WS devs are not being transparent.

I just don't like what I am hearing. :P

Favorite MMO: Vanilla WoW
    Currently playing: GW2, EVE
    Excited for: Wildstar, maybe?

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430

Any idea if the dungeon finder also teleports your group to dungeon, like it does in WoW?

I'm ok with group finder tools as long as they only do what they're supposed to do and nothing more.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by deniter

Any idea if the dungeon finder also teleports your group to dungeon, like it does in WoW?

I'm ok with group finder tools as long as they only do what they're supposed to do and nothing more.

good question - i dislike instant port to dungeon too

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Originally posted by Nadia

hmm, considering that the dungeon finder tool can be cross server it probably does (but I haven't seen any comments that it is).

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Originally posted by azarhal
    Originally posted by Nadia

hmm, considering that the dungeon finder tool can be cross server it probably does (but I haven't seen any comments that it is).

I'll be honest !....Wildstar gives me the impression of being another short, easy, fun, fun, enjoyable game that will give us another thirty days of entertainment before most press the cancel button.....Another game with a chat function, not an mmo.

• DaessarDaessar Member Posts: 204

This question has not been answered by the devs yet, still being decided on.

• DaessarDaessar Member Posts: 204
    Originally posted by delete5230

I'll be honest !....Wildstar gives me the impression of being another short, easy, fun, fun, enjoyable game that will give us another thirty days of entertainment before most press the cancel button.....Another game with a chat function, not an mmo.

I'll be honest, you give me the impression of one of those people who wants to bash the game because they know it won't be another short, easy game that's down to your skill level.

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

My biggest question about any new MMO is always about group play.

I'd like to see how classes interact with each other and against challenging content.

I've seen enough of the solo quest nonsense, and frankly, it means nothing to me.

• KellthKellth Member UncommonPosts: 46

"Will this be an mmo ? I would really like to count on a friends list and a Guild. In FF14 I belonged to a very professional guild and never had to rely on them for my 40 levels of solo play."

I can answer this question. This game will definitely be a mmorpg were people can play together, do dungeons and raid together. This will not be a game were you can solo everything. This mmorpg will connect that shady guy with that nice guy. Here is some nice examples

Dungeons - take 5 people

Warplots - take 40 people

Raids- take 20/40 people

This game will surely be a social game and if it does not meet your requirements you can always enlist for a guild that has a mindset like you.

Cya around