Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how often can i change my battle.net password?

GreteldaGretelda Member UncommonPosts: 359

hi.i recently changed my password but need to change it again was wondering...if i do 2 password change in a row will it cause ban or lock or something?if yes then how long should i wait?24h?48h?since last time my account got ****** it got me into a whole lot of trouble so i am trying to avoid it.also right now i can't login with my battle.net account that's why i am asking here (could make another account there to ask this question but since i was already logged here thought i stop by here first)

(this might get confusing sorry in advance :D just writing since someone might have some extra advise on this matter.the whole reason for the 2nd password change is this: i forgot my old password and tried to change it but right before entering new password i remembered my old one and tried logging in with it on a new page.then battlenet considered it suspicious activity and locked it and asked me for a password change.i continued from where i left with my password changing process from before but apparently that wasn't enough and i have to redo it from start again.but just need to know if it ban my account or not since i am not sure if there are security measures against changing password twice in 1 day or something.so that is why right now even though i changed my password it requires me to do it again and when i login it accept it but doesn't connect to battle.net site since probably it still consider me locked and need another password reset)

my top MMOs: UO,DAOC,WoW,GW2

most of my posts are just my opinions they are not facts,it is the same for you too.

Comments

• GreteldaGretelda Member UncommonPosts: 359
    no one?anyone? lol

most of my posts are just my opinions they are not facts,it is the same for you too.

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029

if you cant get in just try again the next day,see what they say to you buy I think you can change every 24 hours .

but remember they are a bit iffy sometimes they say your account has been hacked when you have not used it in a while.

when you have a blizzard game you must play at least once a week on wow,i could after a while not get into wow and just gave up.

that was 2years ago.

y i think that i should wait 24h for next password change as well but thought if i let my account to stay as "locked" for 24h it can cause other problems like they ban it or mark it as hacked or something.would be glad if any more ppl could give me advise as well.

solved.for any1 that might get into similar problem as me just wait some hours so that blizz don't think your account is hacked or something and try again.(i waited 24h but doubt its necessary to wait that long)

lock the topic or delete or let it die or w/e...

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

I don't know of any restriction limiting the number of password changes. I know that I personally have changed it twice within minutes.

And my recommendation is to download the authenticator app on your phone (it's free), it increases security a great deal over just a password.