Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF Battle arena type game..

DjevikDjevik Member UncommonPosts: 107

Alright I am kinda burnt out on mmorpgs atm and really diggin these battle arena type games..

example:

Arche Blade

Kingdoms Rise

but those 2 dont seem that popular.. So does anyone know of any good "Skill" base battle arena game

Looking for:

Skill Base

Maybe a Combo system

different class

if anyone knows of anything drop a link please..

Comments

• DewulfDewulf Member UncommonPosts: 139
  • sagilsagil Member CommonPosts: 291
    Is Kingdoms Rise any good? Thinking of buying it...
  • DjevikDjevik Member UncommonPosts: 107

ya its pretty fun..

atm

when each game is done it goes from tdm which is basically red vs blue that need to capture points and keep them.. and then it sometimes switches to Death Match..

its pretty customizable which you can diff make your character look different then anyone else in the game unless it got HUGE over night with 1000's of players... then not so much :P

oh and you can be killed by your own team so i can see some grief'ing going on for sure..

• LittleBootLittleBoot Member Posts: 326
    Originally posted by Dewulf
    http://www.panzar.com/

Horribly unbalanced and it feels like a bad MMO BG has been extracted and offered as a standalone game.  There is also very little feedback in terms of who and where your hitting or what, if any, damage you are doing with the effect that everyone just goes windmilling into the centre of the BG until someone comes away victorious.  It is also hugely P2W.    

I would avoid in its current state.  

• SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    I've had some fun in the PvP BG's in GW2.  Maybe one of your mmorpg's has something similar built in. 

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

Originally posted by SomeHuman
    I've had some fun in the PvP BG's in GW2.  Maybe one of your mmorpg's has something similar built in. 

Ya it was Tera, but nowadays the game is completely shit.. everyone does the new BG that is more objective then pvping which enemies run by you anyway they can to take down the objective to get those points for the win..

was my fav mmorpg until they ruined it with some pirate theme shit

Originally posted by LittleBoot

Horribly unbalanced and it feels like a bad MMO BG has been extracted and offered as a standalone game.  There is also very little feedback in terms of who and where your hitting or what, if any, damage you are doing with the effect that everyone just goes windmilling into the centre of the BG until someone comes away victorious.  It is also hugely P2W.    

Thanks for letting me know i was starting to download it the other day but a friend of mine told me not to b/c he just installed it and basically told me what you just said..

• r3volt21r3volt21 Member UncommonPosts: 97

Tera was like this recently but since the latest patch fraywind is alive again prob more popular then the new battleground atm.

World pvp is a dead, some guilds still  have gvg battles (inc mine).  Worth a look if you havent played before combat can feel a bit slow in lower lvls depending on class but speeds up through stats later on.

• itsTortitsTort Member UncommonPosts: 125
    Originally posted by LittleBoot

I don't think we played the same Panzar game. I just downloaded it 2 nights ago, and have been playing. It's a load of fun. Not very unbalanced at all, you just need to know how to properly play. Use your blocking at the right time to negate damage, and your power swings to decimate people (assuming you're not a tank). 

It's also not very P2W, I mean, yes, you can speed up crafting and buy your items with money, but ultimately, you're not going to be paired up with those people that bought their items/levels. You will be paired up with people on a somewhat equal footing as you. Anything you can buy with real money, you can obtain via playing the game, so there are no real advantages anyone has over you. 

They do have a few items in the cash shop that increase your crit, attack speed, or hp for a little while, but those have almost no impact on the game at all, and are barely noticeable. If you're skilled, your gear isn't going to make or break you. 

• RPGForeverRPGForever Member UncommonPosts: 131
    Thanks for the information about Panzar I have just added to my list.

Originally posted by r3volt21

Tera was like this recently but since the latest patch fraywind is alive again prob more popular then the new battleground atm.

World pvp is a dead, some guilds still  have gvg battles (inc mine).  Worth a look if you havent played before combat can feel a bit slow in lower lvls depending on class but speeds up through stats later on.

Tera is never going to be fun anymore b/c like you said no one does open world pvp anymore.. and oh Fraywinds back eh? I logged in the other day and sat in queue for 30 mins without a pop..

I have 4 lvl 60 toons 1 is ilvl 165 and another 160... its funny how WH PvE gear is just as good as conjunct pvp gear.. 

if asylum, manup, Overpowered, and the rest came back then I probably come back.. b/c then I know they would get some shit started and be some good open world pvp

• GatlanGatlan Member UncommonPosts: 141
    I put some time into Panzar last week.  I agree its a fun game.  I put it aside this weekend for War of the Vikings which has a free trial on steam.  Its an expansion to War of the Roses.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

UT99 is the best most skilled arena fight game ever,my fave.Not all that active anymore but you can still run into decent players on a few servers.Quake is imo the second best,some will argue the best.

RPG or Fantasy type arena battle is not even close to being skilled,you just stand right out in the open and spam your icons at each other.

Those LOL type games are basically arena as well,game design is just boxes of rooms there is no real OUTSIDE.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.