Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stellar Graveyard

ShmawShmaw Member Posts: 85

I saw the "Stellar Graveyard" option for the next vote on a location you'd like to see included in the game, and I have to say I'm impressed with the list, especially as someone interested in playing a salvage based ship.  Sadly "Black hole event horizon" currently has 23 % of the vote (maybe not so sadly, still a great idea).  Any thoughts on how they will implement the black hole idea into the game?  I'm a little rusty on my quantum field theory, but shouldn't ships / weapons fired too close to the hole be sucked in and destroyed forever?

Comments

• SteinarBSteinarB Member UncommonPosts: 54
    I picked Tevarin ghost world, because more info about the Tevarin would be interesting.  Not expecting it to win though.
  • TalRashaTalRasha Member UncommonPosts: 827
    Originally posted by Shmaw

I saw the "Stellar Graveyard" option for the next vote on a location you'd like to see included in the game, and I have to say I'm impressed with the list, especially as someone interested in playing a salvage based ship.  Sadly "Black hole event horizon" currently has 23 % of the vote (maybe not so sadly, still a great idea).  Any thoughts on how they will implement the black hole idea into the game?  I'm a little rusty on my quantum field theory, but shouldn't ships / weapons fired too close to the hole be sucked in and destroyed forever?

You dont need to be up to speed on quantum field theory. As long as you stay beyond the event horizon, the thing behaves according to newtonian physics. For stellar mass black holes, that event horizon is a relatively small sphere. For example, a black hole with 10 times the mass of our sun would have an event horizon with a diameter of about 60 km (compare that tiny number to our sun with a diameter of 1392684 km).

The closer you are, the faster you will need to orbit it. But if you can still manage to orbit then there is no reason why your ship/weapons would be sucked in.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    Voted for Natural Wonder. Since I have no clue what to expect there and kinda curious
  • morbuskabismorbuskabis Member Posts: 290

Originally posted by mindw0rk
    Voted for Natural Wonder. Since I have no clue what to expect there and kinda curious

My GF did aswell. Seems interesting.

image -Massive-Industries- Heavy Duty

• ShmawShmaw Member Posts: 85
    Originally posted by TalRasha
    Originally posted by Shmaw

You dont need to be up to speed on quantum field theory. As long as you stay beyond the event horizon, the thing behaves according to newtonian physics. For stellar mass black holes, that event horizon is a relatively small sphere. For example, a black hole with 10 times the mass of our sun would have an event horizon with a diameter of about 60 km (compare that tiny number to our sun with a diameter of 1392684 km).

The closer you are, the faster you will need to orbit it. But if you can still manage to orbit then there is no reason why your ship/weapons would be sucked in.

Cheers! 

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Originally posted by SteinarB
    I picked Tevarin ghost world, because more info about the Tevarin would be interesting.  

haha me too!

ghosts in a space sim? hell yeah

• gkb3469gkb3469 Member UncommonPosts: 148
    i predict they'll eventually add evreything on the list, or at least i hope they do. This game has so much potential to be fantastic in every way.