Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eldevin, the MMO you could be looking for..

EuphoricNEuphoricN Member Posts: 6

I won't write a huge paragraph as I know it will less likely be taken in, so for those that don't know what Eldevin is here's a breakdown:

Eldevin is a free2play browser based MMORPG.

It is a Mix of Runescape (Not the current version), diablo 2 with some WOW elements.

It only has elements of these that you could compare, it's not a copy but it's a unique game that has had tons of detail and thought gone into it.

Eldevin is currently in early access (you can still buy a founder pack to gain early access for a few days)

The official release date will be 30/11/2013.. so a few days from this post.

Eldevin has a handful of proffesions to train, a friendly development team consistently upgrading the game. Amazing end-game content that will continually be expanded.

The game is not pay2win, despite some players arguing otherwise (since you can buy experience boosters for real money). You cannot buy the way to being the best, you can only buy your way to gain experience faster.

Check out Eldevin at http://www.eldevin.com/

Visit the forums (clicking top right on the link above) or this direct link - http://forums.huntedcow.com

Comments

• KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829
    lol love posts by devs to try to snatch money for their games trying to look like real forum people... this game looks terrible...WoW elements? you mean MMORPG elements?  try harder next time.  Prolly get another warning but it had to be said
    as if the joined 11/27/13 wasn't a dead givaway
    you missed the point entirely
  • AtlysAtlys Member Posts: 69
    I personally don't mind if developers post to try to get us to try their game. A lot of people that frequent these forums are searching for new games to play (I count myself among them). I'm going to give Eldevin a shot when it comes out Saturday. If I don't like it, then I wont play. But who knows. It could be the best thing since canned bread.

On the eternal quest for that one perfect MMO.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by Katilla
    as if the joined 11/27/13 wasn't a dead givaway

What are you the feel-good-have-fun police? The poster likes the game. Does it matter if they're a dev or someone who just joined to promote the game? What is it with some people around here always trying to control what everyone else likes and does?

If you're going to poo all over someone at least let them know what they're allowed to post and what games they can like.

It's an indie game so nope, it doesn't have hi-gloss $80M graphics, but it looks alright. If the game play is fun, that matters more. If the game is too expensive then that's their problem and they'll have to sort it out or face going broke.

My thoughts exactly.  So what if the developer is posting or someone connected to the game.  I checked out some beta game play and have to admit it did give me a 2004 Runescape vibe.   Feel I need to be there on launch day Saturday.  Remember this is a browser based game and not a AAA 20-30 GB download.  Classless, f2p, and in depth crafting is worth a look in my opinion. 

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150
    lol love posts by devs to try to snatch money for their games trying to look like real forum people... this game looks terrible...WoW elements? you mean MMORPG elements?  try harder next time.  Prolly get another warning but it had to be said

No kidding.  The OP should just be deleted by mmorpg.com mods.

• SpeelySpeely Member CommonPosts: 861

The snatch money/grab money/cash vitriol is so overused and misused that it's getting ridiculous. Devs trying to make money for doing their job isn't snatching money. They aren't ripping it from your hands while you are waiting to pay for your Doritos. Seems like entitlement is the new thing. 

Indie devs have to be small scale in their promotion, and enthusiast forums are a natural medium for that. Our would you prefer that they just embed the download link in the archives of some old site so that they don't bother any MMO fans with their MMO game?

Edit: and this isn't neccessarily a dev anyway. The game can have fans, ya know.

• KaizermosKaizermos Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Well I'm certainly not a dev (just a fan) and I would like to add there are Australian servers for launch too! Its enough to make me give it ago :P
  • EncephalitisEncephalitis Member UncommonPosts: 78

I got into the beta a bunch of months back, and the game play was fine and felt a lot like RS (as mentioned). my only 2 beefs with the entire game was 1)The bag space concept felt like i was being strangled right out of the gate and 2)Everything felt really choppy (my rig isn't the greatest, but it doesn't help when browsers can't be as smooth as a client).

Everything else felt alright. I'm sure between when i played and now, these issues will have likely been dealt with so my mumbling is likely a non-issue.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    Originally posted by PerfArt

The snatch money/grab money/cash vitriol is so overused and misused that it's getting ridiculous. Devs trying to make money for doing their job isn't snatching money. They aren't ripping it from your hands while you are waiting to pay for your Doritos. Seems like entitlement is the new thing. 

Indie devs have to be small scale in their promotion, and enthusiast forums are a natural medium for that. Our would you prefer that they just embed the download link in the archives of some old site so that they don't bother any MMO fans with their MMO game?

Edit: and this isn't neccessarily a dev anyway. The game can have fans, ya know.

image   Boom!

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I will start by saying thatg i know Hunted Cow VERY well,as good as any player out there.

If you feel this game is something you might like,just be 100% certain you have an expenditure plan in your mind and a point at which you will say enough and get out because if  you find yourself needing more and more money,it will only get worse not better.

The whole premise of F2P was to allow people with no money to get in and help those that can afford sub fees to have some players to play with and make the game appear popular.However the real truth is that it has been a gimmick to get far more than a sub fee from players.Also when you say "play the game" that means THE game,not parts of it or not the way it was intended to be played.NOBODY should be spending anymore than $180 a year which is what a normal sub fee costs.If a game has masked itself as a f2p and still has ways to get MORE than a sub fee,then that is exactly why all the complaints of f2p moniker's were justified.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    I've played the beta on and off for a couple hours throughout the course of its development.  It has improved alot from the first time they opened up beta until now. It gave me an old school runescape vibe.
  • EuphoricNEuphoricN Member Posts: 6
    Uhh for your information I'm not a developer, but I am flattered you think so.
  • NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402
    Thread Title: 

Eldevin, the MMO you could be looking for..

And no explanation why...

• HCS-RadnetoHCS-Radneto Member Posts: 64

I post on here all the time advertising our game, beta and patch notes. O_o

I guess my threads aren't controversial enough! lol

In all seriousness, I'm glad some of you really enjoy our game, we've put a lot of hard work into and are very excited for the launch!

Currently working around the clock on Eldevin

• LittleBootLittleBoot Member Posts: 326

It always amuses me how worked up (some) people get when someone dares to post about a game they enjoy; be they dev or otherwise. Hadn't you noticed yet that this forum isn't for people who enjoy mmo's?

Also, what is the dreadful eurotrash dance music on that video?  Please tell me I don't have to listen to that whilst playing?

Originally posted by LittleBoot

It always amuses me how worked up (some) people get when someone dares to post about a game they enjoy; be they dev or otherwise. Hadn't you noticed yet that this forum isn't for people who enjoy mmo's?

Also, what is the dreadful eurotrash dance music on that video?  Please tell me I don't have to listen to that whilst playing?

No, the game has it's own music which is really fitting for each area. :)

Again, to clarify I'm a player. Lol.

• HCS-RadnetoHCS-Radneto Member Posts: 64

Ah didn't watched the video figured it was our official trailer! Dreadful dance music! I know this player! He's one of our beloved founders. 

http://forums.huntedcow.com/index.php?showuser=258

Currently working around the clock on Eldevin

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Originally posted by LittleBoot

It's not that. It's the fact the OP registered for the sole purpose of posting about how great the game is. It's only natural for people to get suspicious.

Then again, the game is F2P so trying it yourself will cost nothing but a bit of time and bandwidth.

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177
    Originally posted by Atlys
    I personally don't mind if developers post to try to get us to try their game. A lot of people that frequent these forums are searching for new games to play (I count myself among them). I'm going to give Eldevin a shot when it comes out Saturday. If I don't like it, then I wont play. But who knows. It could be the best thing since canned bread.

Meanwhile when a game shuts down because it didn't get enough players, the same people are on the forums asking "why didn't they promote their games on forums? How expensive is it to create a few forum accounts on different websites?"

hilarious how people get so defensive...i just thought it was funny, obvious post is obvious.
    hilarious how people get so defensive...i just thought it was funny, obvious post is obvious.

I did enjoy your attempt at trolling. :)

"obvious troll is obvious."

• AtlysAtlys Member Posts: 69
    Originally posted by Omali
    Originally posted by Atlys

Meanwhile when a game shuts down because it didn't get enough players, the same people are on the forums asking "why didn't they promote their games on forums? How expensive is it to create a few forum accounts on different websites?"

Exactly. It's the cheapest advertising you can get. It's absolutely free and only takes a little bit of time. And the fact that they posted in the Eldevin forum means its out of the way of people who might not be interested.

On the eternal quest for that one perfect MMO.

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600

Responding directly to the OP's title comment.

Nope, not the MMO I have been looking for. However, thank you for the ad or I might not have known to warn others about this game.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk