Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In need of my dream game! Does it even exist?

Crcata24Crcata24 Member UncommonPosts: 15

I have always enjoyed MMO's, and each MMO I have played has been great.  I have played WoW, WAR, DFUW, RIFT, and SWTOR.  ALL were a lot of fun.  I still play SWTOR just to see the story lines as they did that very well!  I had a lot of fun playing these but I am tired of a few things they do which take away from the fun.  Such as...

Tab Targeting/ bread crumbs to your quests...no adventure what so ever you just follow the dot on your map to find that artifact that's no one else has ever found lol/ poorly implemented or unbalanced pvp/ low population, etc

So now, I desire what is called a Sandbox game now.  However, here is a quick list of things that I really want to see in hopefully a game that's out already or is coming out soon. 

Medieval setting - Swords, magic, bows/arrows, orcs, elves, etc.

Non Tab Target - Tired of tab targeting and having my character do the work.  I want to AIM!

PvP - I'm a pvper at heart so w/e game I truly get into needs it and needs it to be working properly. IE: Full Loot/Open world

Large world - World needs to be big enough that I can adventure far from civilization

Crafting - In addition to pvp I also enjoy other aspects of gaming, such as crafting, even building player houses and stuff

Roleplay - I like to emerse myself in my character.  W/E I am doing I like to RP it in game

Large Population - DFUW was a great game but had a stupid low population.  I need a game that is or will thrive

Accountability -  Falls under PvP.  If someone does something to me that I don't like, I like to hold them accountable, some call it griefing, but I fall under a particular gamer that calls it accountability lol.   EX: In DFUW a clan called my clan out claiming we are "not a threat" and would "get the horns" if we continued aggression in "their" territory.  So we spent the next couple weeks raiding them, blowing up parts of their city (which cost quite a bit to repair) and interfering with their sieges (attempts to take other holdings') and in the end that clan realized that they had to either apologize and stand down, or live a hard life.  They apologized. 

Effective economy - selling of crafted gear, scrounged gear, items, resources, etc.

Resource Gathering - Gathering resources in order to make things such as armor, weapons, items, houses, buildings, etc.

Good graphics - Graphics don't mean much to some, but I like eye candy, if I cant look at it I cant play it.  DF = worst graphics I will deal with.  

Now this is just a short list of the main points I would like to see in a game.  I am considering playing Everquest Next / Landmark as that seems like it may have what I'm looking for.  Although the hardcore element such as PvP seems like it will be lacking but idk.   Anyways, are their any games out or coming out that I am unaware of?  If you can help I would greatly appreciate it!

Comments

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378
    It doesn't exist.  Tab-targeting is in every MMO which fits most of your preferences, and non-tab-target MMOs are rare.  Play Minecraft or Mount and Blade if you want a decent non-tab-target game with a good community.
  • SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    I know it sounds silly, but find a good Vanilla Minecraft server that has PvP.  The hard part is finding a good, mature server with those elements, but it is worth it.  As an adult I avoided MC like the plague until this January, when I ran out of options.  I was happily surprised.  Also, avoid looking up tutorials and guides; figuring it out on your own makes it that much more difficult.

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• AlumicardAlumicard Member UncommonPosts: 388

Sounds like one of these kickstarter nextgen sandbox games that will be out 2015.

For a medieval themed one try Camelot Unchained. 

• IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member RarePosts: 616
    Well since you already said DFUW and despite its glaring flaws, its sadly the best we have. Nothing else is out there I am afraid. Its really a shame, if an AAA company can make a game very similiar to DF1, with sandbox features, better graphics, ect ect it would captivate the hardcore sandbox crowd and FPS players alike. Sadly game hoppers(Yes, I admit i am part of it) keep buying the next "Innovative mmorpg) that comes out, hoping for the best; later to be disappointed as we leave and it flops. We need to get all the collective sandbox mmorpg players that want full loot, fps combat with territory control and meaningful gameplay to sign a waiver or something and force an AAA company to cater to us. Unfortunately it would probably require 1m+ of us to sign, lol.

MurderHerd

• SorcerousKhanSorcerousKhan Member UncommonPosts: 164
    It might not hit all the bullet points, but Dragon's Prophet does have quite a few of them. Try it out, if you haven't already.
  • tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Nothing like that out right now. Keep an eye on EverQuest Next. Might be out sometime next year.

ArcheAge is also coming out, but that one has tab targeting.