Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are the controls like? And is the cash shop pay to win?

2»

Comments

• TekdTekd Member UncommonPosts: 65
    So the servers are all basically in the same timezone and you can move from server to server if you get invited?

I am really curious about it because in WoW the server time and local time were always different for my characters until I found a server based on PST.

How is time displayed in-game, it is UTC time, Server time, or only local time? Or is it displayed at all?
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    Originally posted by NevadaJake
    So the servers are all basically in the same timezone and you can move from server to server if you get invited?

I am really curious about it because in WoW the server time and local time were always different for my characters until I found a server based on PST.

How is time displayed in-game, it is UTC time, Server time, or only local time? Or is it displayed at all?

just think of it like this, there are no servers

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Myrdynn
    Originally posted by NevadaJake So the servers are all basically in the same timezone and you can move from server to server if you get invited? I am really curious about it because in WoW the server time and local time were always different for my characters until I found a server based on PST. How is time displayed in-game, it is UTC time, Server time, or only local time? Or is it displayed at all?
    just think of it like this, there are no servers

Right. There is one server, but different channels, so you will only see so many people around you. It keeps it from being empty, and from being over crowded. You'll see all the people in the chat window that are in the same zone as you. If you need to trade with someone, it can get a little confusing. There may be an easier way, but I grouped with the person and it moved us both into the same channel with each other.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362

The physical servers are all in the same place. There are nine "dimensions" which function in some respects like the virtual "servers" in other games, but are not as rigidly segregated. Adventure zones and hub cities are dimension bound; Agartha (the transit zone) is cross-dimension.

The time displayed on screen is "in game" time and advances 1 minute every 4 or 5 seconds real world time. There seems to be little correlation between real-world timezone of players and dimension preference, with the likely exception of the French and German language specific dimensions, Drac and Kobold.

Eight of the dimensions were present at launch; Leviathan, the second RP dimension, was added shortly afterwards.

The main reason to have more than one character is to experience the story from the point of view of the different factions. This unfortunately will involve a great deal of repetition of content; there are currently three "faction rank" missions which play out somewhat differently depending on your faction, and two comparatively short story missions (besides the introductory sequence) that are completely different by faction (in between the major arcs of the main storyline). Other than this, the only difference is in the reports you get at the end of each mission. This is mostly flavour, but in some instances one faction's report will give information lacking from the others.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by NevadaJake

Is the control system similar to WoW? (can you hold down both mouse buttons to run?)

Yes. One of most important coditions for me to even consider playing some game.