Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Calling all "old" members!

Comments

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924
    I necroed a murt post last year how u doing bud.lets hook up.i still post occasionally.
  • exiled_childexiled_child Member UncommonPosts: 20
    great to see old faces
  • KriegKrieg Member Posts: 39

Oh boy.

Ultra lurker checking in.

• MarcelinoMarcelino Member UncommonPosts: 124

<----- 2004 here :)

Earliest member ive seen is 2002 i think, is that when the website started? :)

I don't have many posts because I prefare to read rather than comment.

I wonder if there is anyone with 2002 joined and 1 post? (This one to show us who they are) that would be very rare to see :D

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695

Happy New Year!

Another year of lurking in mmorpg forums.

Forgive me, but when I made that last post I realized that I had 2999 posts, so I figured best way to make 3000 would be here in "old" member forum.

Good fun! Best of luck in 2013 to all!

• xpyrofuryxxpyrofuryx Member CommonPosts: 1,587

Hello!!!!!

• steelfinsteelfin Member UncommonPosts: 121
    Originally posted by OG_Zorvan
    Originally posted by xpyrofuryx

Hello!!!!!

Hiya!

Sup!!!!!!!!!!!

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918
    Checking in again because nothing in off topic interests me at the moment

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460
    Originally posted by Draenor
    Checking in again because nothing in off topic interests me at the moment

Why, hello there! Blast from the past? :)

Just checking in myself, I know it has been a few years since simply creating this thread - but, if all goes well on the "real life" end of things I should be able to become a more 'active' member of these forums once again! (On that note, I am actually planning on choosing another MMO to start playing soon... that is, if things keep going well on the "real life" side of, well, life).

How have you all been? General question of the decade, or what?

-Murt

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    Originally posted by fardreamer
    been a member since 03

Was a lurker for a year before I decided to make an account. Still dont have much to say. Maybe even less so now.

Seems like posters nowadays deal to much in extremes. No one can have a discussion, disagree about the points but still be able to converse about it.

Course it could just be these rose colored goggles Im wearing... image

And speaking of the old days, does anyone have a screen capture of what the website looked like back in '02 and '03?

I'm remembering it was a list of like 5-7 MMO's down the right hand side of the screen and the forums were the main page. But that was a long time ago so I could be wrong.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

Another wave at the old timers.  I think I lurked for a year too before making an account to post.  Mostly lurk here too now days.  I find it interesting how different things are yet how much they remain the same.  I *do* miss the old OT discussions.
  • LorskaLorska Member UncommonPosts: 74
    I'm an "old lurker", but have recently started posting more due to EQN anticipation. 
  • FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    Nice to see that a few of the old timers are still around.
  • UifzUifz Member Posts: 252
    Saw this post 4 years later, hard to believe it's been 11 years on MMORPG.com. Time flies! Miss those good old days. Life was good back then.
  • DarkholmeDarkholme Member UncommonPosts: 1,212
    I lurked on this site for a couple years before I actually registered finally... I was mostly on the old Stratics forums. Ultima Online mostly, but also for Earth & Beyond and later Tabula Rasa. I was a mod there for a while. Once UO kind of died for me and my MMORPG tastes expended I finally decided to register here. I've left here several times because I've grown tired of the trolling and terrible community that has sprung up from time to time, but I do lurk around even when I'm "gone"...

-------------------------
    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

Member Since March 2004

• GathamGatham Member UncommonPosts: 8

there wasnt much of  choice in Terms off mmo News and stuff except stratics, alkahzam ( for sure i misspelled it) and mmorpg.com, so i signed up. but i´m a "reading-only" user.

i´ve seen a lot of changes community and game wise ,some for good,some for bad.

my first mmo was UO, we wer a small, but tight community. call me Weirs, but you never forget all that excitement,emotions and what not you had playing your first mmo. lots of Gamers jump fro mmo to mmo,from beta to beta, just to revive these emotions. But it´s gone, you´ll never have it again. Like with your first love

• GynthaziGynthazi Member UncommonPosts: 41

Nice to see all these old school posters. I was lurking most of the time anyway :) So i'll stick to that!

I don't really mmo much anymore, but I always keep my eye on things to see if there's anything that pops up that really catches my interests. I really though ESO was going to do that, but after watching a lot of footage on twitch and youtuve, nah...

Since I'm an old school DAoC modred player from way back, i'll keep waiting to see if Camelot Unchained makes me interested again. For now I'm mostly into FPSers and things I can "log in and log out" quickly.. don'e are the days where I can spend 4+ hours grinding levels...

Anyway, nice to see everyone!

>>> Gynthazi <<<
    "Every man is a divinity in disguise, a God playing the fool." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

• XeximaXexima Member UncommonPosts: 2,697
    Whats up guys, been a while.
  • DrCokePepsiDrCokePepsi Member UncommonPosts: 177

So glad to see this post is still thriving with the vets of old, im obviously not a vet but it makes me happy to see everyone reuniting even after years. keep this st00f going!

Never fear, your dream MMO will be here....
    just give me a decade or two to finely hone my Game development
    and design abilities as well as start a Game Design Studio.
    Thank you for your patience.
  • Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428
    Ah...Nostalgia.

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

• gandalf961gandalf961 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    No idea who you are, but this is the first time I have ever been to the forum section. In fact I dont even remember doing this sig.

• KissThaRingKissThaRing Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Originally posted by segreto

I come here all the time when starting a new mmo.  Usually, the people posting are much more knowledgable than I am, so I will always come here.  Presently, I am playing Perpetuum Online, and it's pretty awesome for a sandbox game, well, for any game. 

Pretty much the same for me. I started coming here early 2004 because of City of Heroes and SWG, the two mmo's I played at that time. Then I would occasionally check this site once a year or so to see what new MMO hype was going on after I quit those game. I been posting alittle bit more recently since starting FFARR. All in all I can vouch for what some people are saying about this site changing, I remember the MMO list being very tiny even in 04, now its just massive. Fun thread!

I enjoy undercutting people in the market place - it's the only PvP a crafter gets.

• EmpathyRemovedEmpathyRemoved Member Posts: 2

I was connected with a lot of ppl here when i started back in '04 but...times have changed, I've grown into a decent man now and I have to shrug off the nasties. ;-)

Oh and for the record, cake is a lie and yes, duct tape can fix anything, and no your computer your copy and pasted is as worthless as you and no, there is no "FOTM" going on atm.