Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eldevin Launch Countdown!

HCS-RadnetoHCS-Radneto Member Posts: 64

The countdown to the Eldevin Launch has begun!

https://www.eldevin.com/

imageimage

imageimage

Currently working around the clock on Eldevin

Comments

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Hmm....wondering why I havent looked at this before.  Might be worth a look.  Just reading the features page sounds like an interesting game.  Im not in love with the look but perhaps that can be overcome. 
  • zimikezimike Member UncommonPosts: 160
    This game looks like it could be a hidden gem. I may have to give it a try.
  • TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Yup, am waiting to play this one come Saturday. There's nothing like this out yet - Classless, F2P, sandbox, and an old school feel and progression to it all with decent graphics. Just hoping for a little more emphysis on PvP and the possiblity of WASD character movement as an option. Click-to-move isn't bad if you can hold down the mouse button like in PoE.
    Isaiah 41:10
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454

Groaned a little when I read click to move.  In 2013 MMOs are being made with click to move?

• TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Also, I didn't get to try it in CB, so I'm wondering if there is a pet system or mercenary system implemented.
    Isaiah 41:10
  • AtlysAtlys Member Posts: 69
    Best of luck to you and your team. I'll give this game a look when it comes out. I hope everything works out for you.

On the eternal quest for that one perfect MMO.

• HCS-RadnetoHCS-Radneto Member Posts: 64

Thank you for your well wishes!

You can indeed hold down click to move, and we do have a vanity pet system but we also have some summonable combat creatures such as the Rangers - Call of the Wild ability. (Summons a Wild Familiar to fight by your side for 300 seconds.)

As a development team a lot of us have a keen interest in PvP but we wanted to make a great PvE experience to begin with and build on that. We do have 5 different types of PvP currently in-game and I'm sure we'll add more! If you look at the number of features and patches we've rolled out in the last 6 months for beta, I think Eldevin has a very bright future.

If you guys have any more questions I'll do my best to answer them! :)

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    I had a great time checking it out in beta!  Keep up the good work :)

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Originally posted by HCS-Radneto

Thank you for your well wishes!

You can indeed hold down click to move, and we do have a vanity pet system but we also have some summonable combat creatures such as the Rangers - Call of the Wild ability. (Summons a Wild Familiar to fight by your side for 300 seconds.)

As a development team a lot of us have a keen interest in PvP but we wanted to make a great PvE experience to begin with and build on that. We do have 5 different types of PvP currently in-game and I'm sure we'll add more! If you look at the number of features and patches we've rolled out in the last 6 months for beta, I think Eldevin has a very bright future.

If you guys have any more questions I'll do my best to answer them! :)

Any plans to add WASD movement? I'm done trying to play "click/hold mouse button to move" games. Or rather, they've done with my wrist.

WASD is something we've placed on our "Would like list", a few people on our forums have asked for this too, however I've no ETA I can give you at this time on that. Sorry.

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660
    No WASD movement is the only thing that will prevent me from trying this.
  • LittleBootLittleBoot Member Posts: 326

I'll be giving it a go come Saturday; looks like a fun, interesting game (although I would also sign that petition for WASD). 

• BetakodoBetakodo Member UncommonPosts: 333

I'll play it, but I may skip if I need to install the java nasty gateway. It would be nice if there was a downloadable client. The 1st day of early access is 5 hours from being over and I see 39 people paid at minimum $250 to play early, and there's all of 2 people online. I'm curious as to whether anyone paid $500 or $1000 to play 3 days early.

Either way, kind of sad and repulsive how they're taking these people for their money. Is this a foreshadowing of future cash shop items?

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

This game is indeed something else. There is a feeling of hidden gem.

I just wish it was sandbox.

We did have a bunch of 3 day early access players and we have another bunch jumping on today for the 2 days! 

I think some of our players are streaming on twitch all day.