Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EoC features list

Does anyone know if the devs comfirmed if the features listed on the site will be available at launch or they are aiming for it? I am interested to see the ecology and magic system in action, and crafting! Here is the full list as of today:

• Medieval low-fantasy MMORPG

• Level-less, classless character advancement

• Massive, seamless, persistent world on one massive server

• "Living World" dynamic ecology

• Dynamic weather and seasons

• Rich back-story and player-influenced evolving storylines

• Dynamic Event Team

• Immersive first-person view

• Player skill-driven combat

• Full loot, open PvP combat

• Death Hurts

• Involved, dynamic naval systems

• Realistic siege warfare

• Territorial controls

• Player-controlled political and legal systems

• Player housing and city building

• Rich player-controlled market and economy

• Extensive crafting systems

• Unique and challenging magic system

• Player-influenced or created religions

• Dozens of professions

gameplay > graphics

Comments

• SpeelySpeely Member CommonPosts: 861
    This sounds really, really ambitious. Pretty much going for everything under the sun! Checked out the site and Rob Steele seems to have a great vision for the game, but holy geez what a monumental task. Best of luck to the team! I very much hope they hit their goals, because the concept is great, if a bit lofty. I look forward to checking this one out. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, as it was flying under my radar until now :)

Yeah all of these features are still planned, but development is taking time as the team is made up of volunteers at this point. They seem really dedicated and passionate about the game, and conceptually it is like a freaking holy grail for me, design-wise.

The rich backstory will definitely be there, but little has been said about evolving story lines. Already shaping up VERY well, lore-wise, though. They have some great content and the world already feels very real and distinctive in that regard. 

The way they are approaching territorial control, player-controlled political, legal, economic, and religious systems; and city-building is awesome stuff. 

Interestingly enough, a poster on their forums asked a random question about the world's seemingly non-traditional climate patterns recently and the devs answered quickly and informatively. They have thought of everything. Just going to take a while to make it happen.

Oh, oh and also apparently Magi (who use arcane magic instead of deitic magic like Disciples do) are going to be feared and, in some cultures, kill-on-site material and risk much, including their very lives, to even practice magic, which is going to be a hard road to follow even without all that.

Gritty.

• KyelthisKyelthis Member UncommonPosts: 287
    One of my buddy's flat-mate works for that dev team and only has great things to say about the game so far. I agree, it seems super ambitious, but if the team can pull off even 80% of what they have planned and do that 80% very well, then this could be a solid game for those looking for a free-form, sandbox MMO.
    Originally posted by Kyelthis
    One of my buddy's flat-mate works for that dev team and only has great things to say about the game so far. I agree, it seems super ambitious, but if the team can pull off even 80% of what they have planned and do that 80% very well, then this could be a solid game for those looking for a free-form, sandbox MMO.

That's awesome! Great to hear... feel free to share any nuggets of info you have (that aren't privileged bits of info, that is) here. Even minor stuff. I am starving for news about the development. :)

• KyelthisKyelthis Member UncommonPosts: 287
    Originally posted by PerfArt
    Originally posted by Kyelthis

That's awesome! Great to hear... feel free to share any nuggets of info you have (that aren't privileged bits of info, that is) here. Even minor stuff. I am starving for news about the development. :)

Will do. My friend is an Aussie so I only usually talk to him through Skype, but I'll see if he has any new stuff to say and will send it this way.