Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My F2P Review

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• synsysynsy Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Thanks for the overview on Tera's f2p model. I think I'll give this game a shot.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

All content in Teras free. Subs just get to do it more often. ( free is once/ day sub is twice ) on end game dungeons. Anything you can buy on the cash shop can be sold on the AH, and almost always is. Most of the cosmetic items I own I got with in game gold.

Tera does very well appealing to people who like outfits, random boxes and other non-game breaking items. Enchanting is the only thing that kind of sucks, but I enchanted all my gear without ever spending a dime ( I subbed but didn't buy boxes ) You're just not going to do it all in one day.

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

Tera is one of the few MMO's I enjoy and one of the best f2p games on the market, not to mention the combat is unique and the lore and environments are very inspired.

En Masse Entertainment seems to be doing a really good job with the cash shop/optional sub model and there is no p2w, yet there are actually cosmetics that are nicely designed and people actually like to buy since it's cool looking stuff unlike Rift which is very cut and paste across the board.

This game doesn't nearly get the attention it deserves. The best full access f2p game on the market "as of the time of this writing".

• SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    • I played Tera for the first 3-4 months it was out, and I really did enjoy the art/style and FPS style targeting/combat.  I did find the game a little too soloable, and that is why I ultimately unsubscribed.  The dungeons were group-based, but it seemed we were always waiting for people to join-up to hit a dungeon.  Have they done anything to improve LFG feature for dungeons?  Anyone know?
    • If you haven't played this title, you should at least give it a go for the combat and the artistic elements.

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by SomeHuman
    • I played Tera for the first 3-4 months it was out, and I really did enjoy the art/style and FPS style targeting/combat.  I did find the game a little too soloable, and that is why I ultimately unsubscribed.  The dungeons were group-based, but it seemed we were always waiting for people to join-up to hit a dungeon.  Have they done anything to improve LFG feature for dungeons?  Anyone know?
    • If you haven't played this title, you should at least give it a go for the combat and the artistic elements.

I just lvl'd a toon to 60 with a friend and all we did was story quests and dungeons. Our avg wait time was about 5-10 minutes and most of the dungeons we did 4-5 times before we out lvl'd them.

DPS is obviously the worst for waiting because it's always the ones there are too many of. Tank is an instance queue pretty much and the game has no real shortage of healers.

At 60 sf, kg are very easy to get into and wonderhome almost always has groups looking for members. One thing they kind of did away with in the new dungeons is removed all the crazy " you need to know exactly how to do this encounter or you wipe the group" type mechanics. It was killing pugging in the game. Now that things have changed there has been a big return of random groups.