Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which server (east coast?)

RoenickRoenick Member UncommonPosts: 18

Hey all,

LOTR seems to be the one MMO I never gave a chance to for some reason, and looking to test out the waters. Wondering what a solid server was for east coast time zone? Obviously looking for one that is populated AND has a good community, and possibly some suggestions of decent guilds that are willing to take on new players with plenty of MMO exp.

Thanks.

Comments

• Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697

Probably Brandywine or Landroval (RP).

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

• MarmaxMarmax Member UncommonPosts: 4
    brandywine
  • MorrowbreezeMorrowbreeze Member CommonPosts: 141
    Landroval.
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Landroval

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    Another vote for Landroval.
  • Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Originally posted by Roenick

Hey all,

LOTR seems to be the one MMO I never gave a chance to for some reason, and looking to test out the waters. Wondering what a solid server was for east coast time zone? Obviously looking for one that is populated AND has a good community, and possibly some suggestions of decent guilds that are willing to take on new players with plenty of MMO exp.

Thanks.

This game may shut down January 1st, 2014. That is when there current license expires. I have not heard of any announcement of an extension beyond that date.

• MorrowbreezeMorrowbreeze Member CommonPosts: 141
    Originally posted by Sal1
    Originally posted by Roenick

Hey all,

Thanks.

This game may shut down January 1st, 2014. That is when there current license expires. I have not heard of any announcement of an extension beyond that date.

Riiight, A new expansion coming in just over 2 weeks, A skills overhaul for better long term gameplay, active advertising still going on. and many posts by Sapience on this subject that license is being renewed. All you have to do is hit the LOTRO forums and do a search.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?519733-At-what-point-in-2014-does-LOTROs-license-with-Middle-Earth-Enterprises-run-out&highlight=lotro+expire+2014

• ProfGetzProfGetz Member UncommonPosts: 182

RABBIT season, DUCK season!

Seriously, Brandywine! 

Really you can't go wrong with either of the two servers being pushed, they are both great.

And NO, the game is not shutting down in January. 

Welcome to LOTRO!

Every MMORPG is AWESOME, until it's released!
    I don't want a game so much as I want a WORLD!
    --
    o·pin·ion –noun
    1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
    2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

• AnslemAnslem Member CommonPosts: 215
    I read that Landroval is RP. Is it strictly enforced or are there a handful of folk who don't engage in RP but just enjoy the server?  Another East Coast player looking for a home that boasts a mature and friendly community.  

Played: Ultima Online - DaoC - WoW -

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Originally posted by Vitari
    I read that Landroval is RP. Is it strictly enforced or are there a handful of folk who don't engage in RP but just enjoy the server?  Another East Coast player looking for a home that boasts a mature and friendly community.  

Landroval is totally optional as far as RP goes.  I play there and do light RP only, usually when I attend a concert or other gathering.  It's up to you.

Also, if you want more people to chat with on a regular basis, ask someone in-game about joining the Global Looking for Fellowship (GLFF) channel.